Dell Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I applied through college, the recruiter was really nice and ask about my experience. I was then contacted by the HR for a phone interview and then onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Nov 14, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Glad to hear about your experience and welcome to the Dell family..

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process is referred, and then hr contact me to make an appointment of interview. it's an onsite interview , the company is near my college, thus I went to their office to interview, and the interview is group interview.

Interview Questions

• ask about my resume, and my major. their is an group interview, 3 people, and they ask the question one by one. the algorithm question, reverse a linked-list, and how to traverse a folder,and ask some oop question about java and python, and then they describe their project and their team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was at a conference, they looked at my resume and setup an interview. The questions were mostly behavioral, to see why I like computer science and we also talked about the projects I've worked on to see if I actually know how to code. On top of that there were technical questions, like what data structure would you use if you want to do this.

Interview Questions

• What is the a core and important concept to understand in computer science?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in October 2016.

Interview

Quite bad. I attended the Society of Women Engineers conference, and connected with a team leader who interviewed me on the spot. She and I got along quite nicely, but I couldn't get her to respond to any of my emails. A week or so later I got an email from another Dell engineer who scheduled a technical interview with me. While the technical interview went fine, I couldn't get him to email me back either. I thought it was extremely unprofessional considering I met this woman in person and she couldn't even send me a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• No programming questions-- just general UNIX knowledge and Python stuff.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

Good process. Technical questions at the level of experience applying for. No BS attitude with transparency of project pholisophy and requirements. All of the questions related to desires for position requirements. Very comfortable interview personality wise.

Interview Questions

• For dynamically generated content, how would I solve the issue of dynamically changing data based from random choices from the user. How would I make the change with fluid transitions based from the optimum page load requirements and amount of data manipulated.   Answer Question
    • Describe version control workflow, how I have used it in the past, how I would have improved the flow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I spoke to an internal recruiter. She was very nice, and we spoke for about 30 minutes about the opportunity at Dell. I think she thought I had less experience than I did, so the position she had in mind was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to work (work from home opportunities were limited)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

I applied on college job website and received an interview email after 3 weeks. It was on-campus interview and interviewer was the actual team manager. He asked several things on my resume and some behavioral questions. It was very easy interview. No technical questions at all.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career website. The interview was pretty easy. When I got to the interview, the interviewer did not have a copy of my resume so I gave him one and he just went through each point in the resume and asked a lot of questions about that. I got no technical questions.

I interviewed two months ago but still have not heard back. I knew five other people interviewing and only one got an offer. When the rest of us tried contacting Dell, we still did not get any response. It seems like they might have lost the application details, which I am very unimpressed by.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university portal and got an interview. I thought the interview went well, but I never heard back from them. It felt like they had no record of me being there. When I asked them about an update they kept replying with "we'll update you soon" until one day they finally said they weren't interested. Overall, I wasn't pleased as to how they handled this, because several of my friends also waited months to hear back (only to get rejected after emailing them several times over the span of 2-3 months) while a few heard back within the week.

Interview Questions

• They went through my resume asking me about my previous projects and asked concepts like what is encapsulation and hashmaps.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashua, NH) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and get back 2 weeks later. 20 minutes long at first talk.
    He talked about his team and what the project is, and I talked about what I have done previously. Relaxing and no technical questions.
    Days later they will have more members in a team to talk with me again.