Dell Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Offer letter took time due to technical processes.

Software Engineering, C, C++,Java, Programming, Python, Operating systems. The interview was smooth and not stressful. Interviewers were friendly as well. Interview is of a good standard and preparation is a must. Dont go without that.
Offer letter took time due to technical processes. But I was kept updated about it.

Best place to work and get settled.

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was for a position with the storage product team in Israel,
    Second interview consist of two medium difficulty questions but attention to details was required.

Interview Questions

• print the "perimeter" of a binary tree:
      first edge is the leftmost sub-tree from top to bottom,
      second edge are the leafs from left to right,
      third edge is the right most sub-tree from bottom to top   1 Answer
    • reverse the order of words in a string sentence, without using an extra buffer   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell in January 2009.

Interview

It was okay like any other company interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no chance for negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Fully technical for 3 rounds, need to brush on basics properly and till hr they might ask technical questions. Reasoning and logical might be asked in last round. Please be specific and don't use any fake experience as you can get caught easily

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in January 2013.

Interview

Day long Process. It was an Average interview of 3 round. First was an aptitude followed by two technical rounds and then final HR. The interview process transparent and simple. Walked home the same day with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Question on basic programming like search, sort etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was at a conference, they looked at my resume and setup an interview. The questions were mostly behavioral, to see why I like computer science and we also talked about the projects I've worked on to see if I actually know how to code. On top of that there were technical questions, like what data structure would you use if you want to do this.

Interview Questions

• What is the a core and important concept to understand in computer science?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I only have two phone interview one from a principal engineer, and one from the director. in summary, when you get employee refer, dell interview process is not that hard

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked me about my experience and project that I had done   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

it was good and easy, interviewer was very nice and friendly in behaviour. The questions asked were of intermediate difficulty level.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell in October 2016.

Interview

Quite bad. I attended the Society of Women Engineers conference, and connected with a team leader who interviewed me on the spot. She and I got along quite nicely, but I couldn't get her to respond to any of my emails. A week or so later I got an email from another Dell engineer who scheduled a technical interview with me. While the technical interview went fine, I couldn't get him to email me back either. I thought it was extremely unprofessional considering I met this woman in person and she couldn't even send me a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• No programming questions-- just general UNIX knowledge and Python stuff.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dell (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I Attended interview in Dell For Client Round.It was good Experience. Interviewer and HR said you will be having another round.I waited 2 weeks after that they said.You are Not Qualified.
    It should be a proper communication if we are not qualified they should say upfront.we don't waste our time for waiting for that.

Dell Process is very slow Compare to other company they conducted first round then it took more than 2 weeks to take second round.