Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November. Recruiter called for phone screening in late December. Few days later hiring manager called for a 45 minute phone interview. Interviewed onsite in January for 4 1/2 hours with 5 people. Lots of questions about past experience experience. A few questions about OOP concepts and Design patterns. A large part of the actual interview was information about dell processes and the overall flow of the office.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me out to set up a phone interview with the team manager. He asked some basic stuff regarding the things on the resume. After that, I was set up two onsite interviews.
    First Day:
    Total 5 rounds - 4 coding and one director. Each one 45 min
    Whiteboard coding on arrays linkedlists and stacks.
    Second Day:
    5 rounds - 4 coding and one manager each 45 min
    Questions on arrays, bit manipulation, OS, linkedlists, stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Find a number in sorted rotated array, Adding and deleting elements in a linked list, Fibonacci series, Implement stacks using queues. Find the number of ones in a binary representation of a number, Sort elements of a stack using two stacks. find factorial of a number using recursion, Find the missing number in an array between 1 to n.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had applied online.I had no phone interviews no recruiter screenings and was directly called onsite.I was a bit surprised as this is not the norm for other companies.I went anyways since Dell is a reputed company.I was put up in a good hotel and was given a rental car in Austin,TX.I had 4 rounds onsite.Mix of technical and behavioral.The last round was the longest I had a coding round where I had to compile the code there itself.After that I had some brain teasers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (New York, NY).

Interview

This is the first round phone interview. It began with some behavioral questions about your background and experiences and followed by an easy algorithm question. The interview Finished within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Oct 27, 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Congratulations and welcome to Dell!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick, just 30 minutes. Interview was on campus. They asked about my resume, experience working in teams and why I wanted to work with them. It was two employees and both were very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at career fair September 2016, and got an on campus interview. During the interview, was asked bunch of behavior questions and a simple coding problem. A month later, got an email saying I was rejected.