Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2018

2.8

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through College. 30 minute brief interview. Questions based on resume. 2nd phone interview scheduled within 1 week. My signal was very poor and my phone went blank didnt work. They were super chill enough too reschedule. Technical questions based on technologies I had worked on and listed on resume. I really appreciate them rescheduling and frankly it doesn't matter what the outcome is.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell in November 2017.

Interview

I agreed to a phone screen. When it came to my scheduled time, I got no call. Even after emailing both the interviewer and the recruiter, I got no response for several days...complete waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Berkeley, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

One hour skype interview. The interviewer reschuduled one time. It was okay. But no responses were given when I ask for feedback. Really disappointed at how they handle this. Really disappointed at how they handle this.

Interview Questions

• The details of implementing a Set
      Test Driven Development   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty standard interview, interview on my college campus. 30 minutes that combined both technical and behavioral questions. 2 people for just me, the questions got more and more detailed as time went on. Know your projects that are on your resume! They asked really detailed questions about an app i created.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Hopkinton, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

mainly focus on the projects I have done, and asked a few basic data structure questions. some behavior question like how do you do the communication with other group members. What is your role in your projects.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We have a high success rate with hires through our team members and employee referral program - thrilled you were able to get an interview and offer - welcome to the team!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in November. Recruiter called for phone screening in late December. Few days later hiring manager called for a 45 minute phone interview. Interviewed onsite in January for 4 1/2 hours with 5 people. Lots of questions about past experience experience. A few questions about OOP concepts and Design patterns. A large part of the actual interview was information about dell processes and the overall flow of the office.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with our readers. Best of luck to you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me out to set up a phone interview with the team manager. He asked some basic stuff regarding the things on the resume. After that, I was set up two onsite interviews.
    First Day:
    Total 5 rounds - 4 coding and one director. Each one 45 min
    Whiteboard coding on arrays linkedlists and stacks.
    Second Day:
    5 rounds - 4 coding and one manager each 45 min
    Questions on arrays, bit manipulation, OS, linkedlists, stacks and queues.

Interview Questions

• Find a number in sorted rotated array, Adding and deleting elements in a linked list, Fibonacci series, Implement stacks using queues. Find the number of ones in a binary representation of a number, Sort elements of a stack using two stacks. find factorial of a number using recursion, Find the missing number in an array between 1 to n.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I Interviewed on campus after an engineering career fair. The interview was brief and completely behavioral. They asked about my resume and my coding experience but no technical questions. Based on the style of the interview, it seems as though they pick their candidates based on their resume and personality.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted 3-4 weeks after speaking with Dell recruiters at career fair. Went through a phone interview (HR and behavioral, talk about resume) and then a technical onsite interview (talk about past projects, behavioral, and some technical questions). Overall a good experience! Recruiter and interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Will not go into detail, but a mix of behavioral and technical.   1 Answer

Jan 31, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for sharing your experience - we are thrilled to have you join the Dell team!