Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
  • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was going pretty well. All the interviewers there were pretty nice. Although I didn't answer some of the questions, they still let me pass the interview. It was not very easy and not very hard. Be prepared for a lot of tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

On campus ,one-aptitutde of english ,quant ,logical and dbms ,os ,ds questions
    2 techical interviews and one h r interview. Interviewer is quite good and friendly I messed up with
    everything .I should have prepared more

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and thorough. Interviews with several managers and technical leads. Asked questions about my experience and expertise. Met individually with each person on the interview panel. Some of the questions were very technical and some were just general interview questions on work experience and past employers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

I joined Dell Services 2 years before through a Walk in Drive. First of all there was a written test that consist of 3 parts Technical, Logical Reasoning and English.
    Followed by that there were 2 rounds of interview which comprises of Technical, Logical Capability and mainly checking of your ability to cope up with difficult situation and presence of mind.

Interview Questions

• At what angle will you throw a ball so that it will come back to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA in my case as we are here through Walkin.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of several rounds. Aptitude and other rounds.
    Technical round was the most interesting and finally the HR round to just tell you that you are through and we are happy to have you work for the organization. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are a fresher, just take the job
    If you are a lateral, then you know what you have to do. ;-)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Guwahati (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

There was one written test in the morning, followed by a couple of rounds of technical interviews and one HR interview. This happened during the campus placement of EMC at IIT Guwahati.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions on multiple inheritance, questions on DBMS, ACID property, and majorly project discussions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

2 written round
    3 technical and 1 programming round
    I had been asked to first code using pen and paper.
    After selection I has 2 technical round and 1 managerial round.
    Finally I had been asked to solve problem using computer.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was an average IT interview process, with questions on experience. The whole process lasted a few weeks, with a background check and what not. Once the process is completed, the training portion is easy if you know your field.