Dell Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.8

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Three technical rounds based on programming, OOPS,DS, Databases. Programming questions on C# features, oops in depth and framework related questions. followed by one managerial interview and then HR round

Interview Questions

• Three technical rounds based on programming, OOPS,DS, Databases. Programming questions on C# features, oops in depth and framework related questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Well I had attended the interview with this 3 times they keep posting for requirements of PL/SQL developer and requirements comes through consultancy. The Job description is pathetic they don't give you details of what is required for the position or skills. Even the consultancies are not sure of the position they just say your resume has been short listed and go for interview for them head count matters.

1st time they asked me to write a test in SQL/PL-SQL which i did well but was asked to leave for the day after test.
    2nd time I went the Interview pannel took my Resume and said where is performance tuning in your resume and never took the interview and told to leave for the day.

3rd time I asked what is the job description from consultancy they said you can just attend its just PL-SQL developer. When I went in the questions were partitions,Performance Tuning,back up recovery and the interviewer asked me what is your DBA experience when I said don't have experience as DBA he just said leave for the day. He also asked me have you worked with large tables where there are terabytes of data and millions of records come on each business varies in requirements not all can be same as Dell. He also gave me a feed back saying that he wants a person working on 12c administration extensively then why dint he mention on Job Description a person who does not know the difference between a PL SQL Developer and DBA is an interviewer and his name is Girish. Attitude of these technical panelist is bad.

The above requirements come through consultancies UST Global,Collaberra Technologies and the positions keep coming again and again and none of them will give you a clear picture of what is expected out of interview even Dell themselves will not share the technical skills require The consultancies will keep calling you till you arrive at the venue for their head count of people attending. After rejection they will never respond to you or give a feed back . I really have a doubt if these interviews are fake and people who get selected are thrown out immediately within a month. Never waste your time in attending interviews with these people where you don't get selected. I will never attend any interview with this company that is located in Domlur DivyaShree Greens

Interview Questions

• Title is PL SQL developer

Performance Tuning
      Partition tables
       indexes
      Back up Recovery
      export and import data
      Their expectation is you have to work on tables that have tera bytes of data and millions of records   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was going pretty well. All the interviewers there were pretty nice. Although I didn't answer some of the questions, they still let me pass the interview. It was not very easy and not very hard. Be prepared for a lot of tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call then phone screen required coding over the phone plus on site. One interviewer didn't have the depth to understand a classic algorithm. often, they want you to find the answer they had in mind that is (they think) the one true smart solution.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 3, 2017 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We will use this feedback to make interviewing improvements across our teams so this detail is very appreciated and useful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (New Delhi (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

On campus ,one-aptitutde of english ,quant ,logical and dbms ,os ,ds questions
    2 techical interviews and one h r interview. Interviewer is quite good and friendly I messed up with
    everything .I should have prepared more

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Round Rock, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and thorough. Interviews with several managers and technical leads. Asked questions about my experience and expertise. Met individually with each person on the interview panel. Some of the questions were very technical and some were just general interview questions on work experience and past employers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Noida (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

I joined Dell Services 2 years before through a Walk in Drive. First of all there was a written test that consist of 3 parts Technical, Logical Reasoning and English.
    Followed by that there were 2 rounds of interview which comprises of Technical, Logical Capability and mainly checking of your ability to cope up with difficult situation and presence of mind.

Interview Questions

• At what angle will you throw a ball so that it will come back to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA in my case as we are here through Walkin.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of several rounds. Aptitude and other rounds.
    Technical round was the most interesting and finally the HR round to just tell you that you are through and we are happy to have you work for the organization. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are a fresher, just take the job
    If you are a lateral, then you know what you have to do. ;-)

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Asked few questions about AI and ML
    Asked to give detail explanation of previous projects. And reason for looking for a change.Actually I am on leave until 2nd Jan..Actually I am on leave until 2nd Jan..