Dell Technologies Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Technologies Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after an employee referred me. They then called me for a brief 30 minute phone interview. The interview felt more just like a casual conversation then anything. It was very smooth and i felt very confident when the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN) in December 2018.

Interview

Really simple. Basically they just want to know who you are and if they like you enough to offer the position. They'll ask you some questions based on your experience and school history-- also they want to know that you can keep a relationship with a client.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had an issue with a customer/client and how you solved it   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Literally just a 15 min phone call with two different managers. No in person interview. Had my offer within a few weeks. Accepted pretty much after that. Would say if you cant get this job as a recent college grad you are doing something very obviously wrong.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

long process and very unorganized. they just have random managers complete the process who have no business conducting an interview. Once you do have an interview, you then have to hope that they don't loose your info in a folder. They never know when they are even able to hire because of their "head count" Changes day to day

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

not very difficult at all. was very average as far as comparing to other entry level sales positions. i would recommend just staying confident and make eye contact the entire time. they really liked that about my interview

Interview Questions

• why do you stand out from the other candidates? describe a time when you felt you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Having an employee referral really helps you in the hiring process at Dell. The interview was very laid back and the interviewers (direct managers) were very welcoming. Standard question scenario - "run me through your resume, your 5 year plan, why our company?" The offer was extended within 2 days and on boarding began immediately.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer ?   24 Answers

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary and commission offered.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

All the interview questions are created by Dell corporate and delivered by managers. The hiring process generally is a marathon, not a sprint. If you have a contact who can get you in touch with hiring managers, this will most definitely expedite the process.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time you encountered pushback from a customer and how you turned the situation around to win the business
      - How would you qualify a potential customer?
      - Let's say we offer you the position and you take the role. It's day one. What's your plan of action?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashville, TN) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online with a referral from a fellow employee. I had a phone interview with HR and a second interview 2 weeks later over the phone. I was offered the position 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I first received an email, then they asked me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me to explain my experience, then we set up a face to face interview. The in person interview had 3 managers and they asked me a variety of questions relating to sales.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the customer needed a quote by COB and you couldn't get it done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by an executive recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I had two interviews, a skills test and an IQ test. Both were at an expected level   Answer Question