Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who interned there last year, and they gave me a single phone interview where they told me about the project they would have me work on, and asked me about my experience in a couple of languages.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at career fair September 2016, and got an on campus interview. During the interview, was asked bunch of behavior questions and a simple coding problem. A month later, got an email saying I was rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

An employee referred me to Isilon file system team. Then a recruiter called to give a brief about the team which will start with phone interview as a first step. An engineer from the team called and conducted technical interview. After that he told me that I am not fit to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to implement distributed lock for large-scale cluster   Answer Question
    • Writing C language to implement read lock and write lock   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair and got interviews with 2 teams. They weren't really technical, mostly behavioral. I talked about my projects and got quized a little bit on my coding profeciency and stuff like that. I Got an offer the next day. This interview was for an internship, and from there I received a return offer to stay in full time after graduation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief. Literally sat us down and proceeded to explain the requirements of the job. Didn't ask any questions and was completely non-technical. Can't consider it an interview really... more of a discussion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

- A single technical phone screen with a hiring manager after speaking to the recruiter during a recruiting event. Both were pleasant and informal. Seemed like they weren't very stressed about the technicals very .much, though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Hopkinton, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a mail from the recruiter more than 30 days later to setup a phone call with a Director.
    The director then called me 10 minutes late, and while talking, he was quite unclear for which he said he is in the car, driving, which is why. On reaching his destination, he decided to finish the call.

As a company with such a high reputation, I thought they had a decent hiring process, where the hiring manager focuses on the person and not the road.

I was quite disappointed. Also the director sounded least interested.

Working for such a firm is a big NO!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Nashua, NH) in May 2018.

Interview

Brief non-technical phone interview, then a follow up technical interview which included Java programming questions. Finally an onsite interview which consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews with varying levels of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between an interface and abstract class   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

The process was pretty standard as in - the first phone screen was regarding my technical background and my experience with their required technology. After the first phone screen, I got called for an on-site interview quite immediately. The on-site interview was as thorough screening session by 5 team members and I got asked questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about data structures, a math problem and a few hardware/networking low-level detail based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Recruiter contacted me asking me for my available times and did not respond at all.

Then a developer emailed me a week later asking for my availability for a technical screen, and proceeded to call me 40 minutes later than our scheduled time. Didn't even get a response from him.