Dell Interview Questions in Tennessee | Glassdoor

2.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Analysis Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Memphis, TN).

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. Panel interview (more of a get to know you style, which is by far the best ever,than the traditional tech questions interview, we're you really know no more than you did about the person when they entered the room. Hence, using the get to know you style is the way they can see the personalities mesh with potential colleagues.)
    Cons: No room to negotiate your salary, and Dell doesn't recognize Certifications, as they're way to keep you under paid.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I received a reference email from Dell through a close friend working in a similar role at the company (honestly, it's the single best way to get in and interview, IMO).

Upon applying, I was contacted within a day or two by a recruiter who scheduled an interview. Three days later, I met in person with two coaches/managers in a panel-type setting (me on one side of the table, the interviewers on the other). It wasn't as intimidating as it sounds.

There really weren't any questions asked to try and trip me up and challenge me, mainly just about previous work and school experiences, "Why Dell?" those types of things. More than anything, really, it's an opportunity for them to let you know what the job requires and to see if your traits are compatible.

The entire interview lasted roughly 30 minutes, and the last 10-15 minutes consisted of questions I asked during the open portion. I highly recommend having a few questions ready for when they ask for them. If you're not sure, ask about opportunities, nature of the job and the environment, about their personal experience at Dell, etc.

I wasn't immediately offered a position following my interview because they had a few more applicants after me.

I was offered the position three business days later via phone by the original job recruiter who scheduled my interview and the position began two-three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    • Why are you applying for a sales position when your background and experience is in (insert here)?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you worked under a deadline and how did you meet your quota?   Answer Question
    • How were metrics analyzed at your previous position? Did you meet your target?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in one year, three years, and five years?   1 Answer

Inside Product Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I applied online, within a week and a half i was contacted by Dell recruiter, to schedule a face to face interview with three other people. all managers. The interview was laid back, but also informative. The tips for interview that dell provides makes it more intimidating than what it was. The interviewers were very nice polite and engaging. I interviewed on a Wednesday and got the offer on the follow Monday.

Interview Questions

• Since you have worked outside sales, what would make you want to work inside sales?   Answer Question
    • How many calls do you make per day in your current position   Answer Question
    • Do you know anyone that works for Dell?   Answer Question

Jun 14, 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience with us - welcome aboard!

Inside Sales Representative III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Panel interview with 2 sales coaches. Very laid back and informal. They want you to show passion and the ability to be coached. Know your resume but don't over sale.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

They were very straight to the point and very understanding of not knowing many technological sales terms. I kind of jumbled some answers so I was very surprised to get the offer. That made me think of whether the turnover rate was high for entry level positions. I love Nashville and really would have liked to take the position but the pay would not have been enough to live of off.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask you to sell us a computer right now, what would you say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was through an on campus recruiter. The interview took an hour and was basic questions to see if you fit for the job. They give you information about the position and expect you to ask questions about it. However, they first ask you questions about resume and past experiences. The interview was with a panel of 3. They are very friendly so is not as intimidating as it sounds. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you face a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter asking me if I would be available for an interview the next day. Received a call from the two hiring managers. They were really nice. They wanted to know why the move IT sales with my heavy education background. The process took about 30 mins. They told me I would hear back within 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Jan 22, 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Welcome to Dell! Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear you had a good experience!

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Was at a career fair, took me into a booth and interviewed me for 45 minutes. The lady was very kind and while I wasn't what they were looking for, she helped me find a direction for the kind of job she would recommend me for. I was contacted by their hiring manager a month later, but I had already accepted another offer somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Dec 8, 2015 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Thanks for your review of your interview experience. Good luck to you!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was set up by the engineering career advisor to have a 30-min on-campus interview with Dell in September, 2015. I waited for 30 minutes and Dell never showed up. There were no updates/explanations from Dell after the interview either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied with temp service, interviewed with 2 people as they are hiring fast recieved notice within 2 days. Be careful as they expect perfection. I receive feedback on the day of the interview and did not get hired due to I didn't give them a resume (which they already have)and didn't explain my background well enough.