Dell Testing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Manager was on phone screen with team lead. Phone screen and you get to meet the manager. That means the team lead is not really a lead and does not get to decide.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever evaluated the test data that you received from the automated tests that you ran?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell

Testing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell.

Interview

The company came to the campus job fair; friendly interview with the hiring manager and a senior engineer; mostly technical questions and how to deal with priority and organization. I got an internship with Dell. At the end of it, I was given a job offer. I finished college and came back to work for Dell.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a situation where you have to deliver results but do not have time to finish everything?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The first round was online aptitude round consisting of 60q in 60 minutes.
    Basic aptitude(train problems,time distance and speed,allegation and mixture,ratio and proportion).
    technical question(DBMS,C,Networks)
    the second round was technical round they basically asked questions from data structures,OS,testing.

Interview Questions

Dell Response

Aug 10, 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell in July 2017.

Interview

phone interview, interviewer shared a lot of advice with me. Spent a long time explaining the job scope and explained the difference between a leader and an executor's job and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• they asked my about my projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through college. It was an average experience. They asked me about my subjects and I could answer some of them. They appeared satisfied with my answers but then I was finally rejected

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banglor (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dell (Banglor (Indonesia)) in November 2012.

Interview

They got my profile from consultancy, first round was telephonic then they called for F2F. I took 1 day leave and went Bangalore. They took 3 rounds and i answered all questions perfectly and then they asked that one round is here but that person would available on Monday and can discuss over phone. I was waiting for no call. Ultimately i called HR for travel reimbursement and also asked status he said that you are not up to the mark technically. So, i was not so then no use of taking 4 rounds. Useless...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First i got a mail from HR for ETL Testing Profile , interview is on Weekend i was shocked
    looking at the people its like walkin more than 100+ people and interview process is very smooth 1st round questions on project , way of approach for testing ETL ,issues found in real time. Bacis SQL Questions .
    2nd Round was pretty good he asked on Testing methods using for ETL,Database testing,Diff b/w Dimension and Fact tables,SQL Questions on Joins, Functions and PL/SQL

Interview Questions

• switch case to see the data in tables.(Question is about if a column is accepting null value and want to find the sum of the entire column)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

One technical interview and one HR, technical interview covered a wide range of topics like Networks - OSI model, OS - especially deadlocks. If your resume shows any project you have done, they expect an explanation what you had done, and if they have a knowledge, expect questions on that like - why a certain approach you have used rather than something else, they also ask on scenarios if you had time to enhance your project. Expect questions on testing - how would you approach. They give you a testing domain scenario and ask how would you approach to solve the problem and what all you would keep in mind while solving. A relaxed environment while they are taking interviews, they ask about your hobbies and other stuff in the tech round!

Interview Questions

• Questions on testing scenarios on which an university student will not have a good knowledge.   Answer Question

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was good and i already work for DELL as contractor, so interview process took little more time due to some dependency

Interview Questions

• How you will install hard disk driver when server OS installation is going on   Answer Question

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially there was an Online Test on Analysis & Communication skills. After that one round of Technical interview where you will be asked with some questions to check how you take up a problem and finally arrive at a solution also programming skills. In the final HR interview you will be asked some question to check your communication skills, your commitment to the work/project.