Deloitte Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Federal Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through WayUp. I heard back within a month and scheduled my first interview (over video conference) to do the first case interview. I heard back two days later with the second round information. The second round was a behavioral interview with a partner and that was over video conference as well. Basic behavioral questions to gauge your experience. The second round also included a 30 min case interview again. The case interviews were steps of SDLC and how they could be used in a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure PII was not lost in the transfer of information from one database to another?   Answer Question
    • How would you gather requirements for the specific case?   Answer Question

Audit Readiness Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screen. Basic questions about audit experience and security clearance. He set up an onsite interview in Arlington, VA. I met with three individuals and different style interviews. One technical interview with a manager who discussed resume and experience, behavior interview with another manager, and a partner about culture. All pretty low stress.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time of dealing with a difficult person? 2. Provide a time of delivering difficult news. 3. Describe how you handled an ambiguous situation.   1 Answer

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Process was straight forward. Applied via handshake. First round interview on campus with one behavioral and one case interview question. Second round, super day at Deloitte campus. 1 group case, 2 individual cases and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about of time you demonstrated initiative.   1 Answer

Human Capital Interview

Application

Interview

Entire process took about 5 weeks. Applied online through campus recruiting website and was told I had received a first round interview about a week later. First round interview was 2 phone interviews: one behavioral and one case. I was told I had been invited to their second round interview day about a week later. Second round interviews were in their offices in Arlington Virginia. The week before the "Blitz Day" I was put in contact with a current Deloitte employee who helped me prepare for the 2nd round interviews. Blitz day consisted of 1 group case, 2 individual cases and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict. Tell me about a time you had to rely on your team. Why do you want to work for Deloitte? Why do you want to be a Federal Human Capital Summer Scholar?   Answer Question

Federal Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Applied through university career services, had an on campus interview. 1 day, 3 interviews. 1 case 2 behavioral. Behavioral interviews were pretty simple, and case nearly mirrors what was online.

Interview Questions

• How would you use the SDLC to implement the technology in this case.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to complete the job position. Afterwards I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. Each person interview lasted 30 mins beginning with a behavioral, then technical and ending with a case study. Each of the interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable about the position. The behavioral and technical interviews were pretty detailed but thankfully I reviewed a lot of examples before arriving. The case study was a bit challenging since I have never did one in that environment. But the interviewer was quite professional and he made me feel relax. The key to the case study was having the reader read it once just to get a sense of the case and then reading it again for specific details.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview question asked was to explain a time when you were on team and you had to convince them to do things your way.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter calls and sets up three person meeting on a day certain. Each interview is 30 minutes. It occurs at HQ Arlington VA. My background in some of the areas and the experience with working with government helped pave the way for their interest in my doing client relationship

Interview Questions

• How will you handle consulting client that does not want to take your advice   3 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I had an initial, very perfunctory phone screen with HR. Then I was asked to attend an in-person interview at their Rosslyn office, which would consist of 3 back-to-back 30-minute interviews. After this interview, I was asked back for a second round of in-person interviews.

Frankly, this was the worst interview experience I've ever had. The recruiter got lost trying to find the interview room, which was a stark white interior office. Then I was informed that one of my interviews would be by phone. She dialed the number and disappeared without telling me where she was going or how I could reach her. When the call got dropped 15 minutes in, I was left to frantically push buttons to try to find "redial," which I eventually did. When I got my interviewer back on the line, he couldn't seem to remember where I'd left off...and I got the impression he was multi-tasking while he interviewed me. The next interviewer was kind of hyper-aggressive and gave me the impression there was no work-life balance whatsoever. The third interviewer was nice, but worked in a completely different area of the company. No one had read my resume or seemed to know (or care) anything about me. To my shock, they asked me back for a second interview, which was much the same. No one could tell me who I'd be working with, or what I'd be doing. Everyone laughed uncomfortably when I asked about work-life balance. The most senior person was very condescending and made comments like "Why did they have you talk to THAT PERSON in the last interview? She doesn't even work with us."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (That--literally--was the only question!)   Answer Question

Web Applications Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair arranged by CareerBuilder, and met a recruiter in the boot. I told him about my background, and ask if he has an opportunity suitable to my experiences. He said he happens to have one. Following that job fair was a holiday. I received a call from him right after the holiday. I got the interview 2 days later.

interview itself was with a manager, a lead, and the principle. Manager asked technical questions, the lead have an conversation with you and try to see your career and management potentials, the principle will test your personalities.

I got a call from the recruiter in that afternoon. He told me the feed back, and told me I got an offer.

The speed of this total process amazed me.

Federal Human Capital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, three 30-min in-person interviews, 30 min phone interview with a Director.

The interview schedule was case first, then technical, and finally behavioral. It started off rocky since the first interviewer was around 45 minutes late and we had a short case interview. Because of the delay I wasn't able to have the technical interview. The interview happened in a hotel office and was set up a little weird.

Questions for the behavioral interview included what wasn't on my resume, greatest accomplishments, how my MBA program aids in this line of work and how specifically the Finance class should be considered, and data analysis experiences

The phone interview with the Director was behavioral and she left a lot of time for questions. Common behavioral questions including why Deloitte, past experiences etc.

Lateness was a common theme throughout the process. This included both interviewers and recruiters.

Interview Questions

• The case was about a mail service agency (i.e. USPS) and their shrinking budget and low retention rate. The client wanted to upgrade their performance management system because currently it was manual and work on leadership development, training, etc.   Answer Question