Deloitte Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Deloitte has a few "select schools" that they like to directly recruit from, and my school was not one of them. I proactively reached out to a recruiter and passed a brief phone screening. After a couple weeks, I phone interviewed with a manager from the office, and they invited me to a pre-interview social and into a "super day" all-day office interview.
To be honest, every person that I met from the social to the interview were so friendly and positive. Even during the interview, I felt as if they genuinely cared about all of the candidates.
It was definitely a pleasant experience and I accepted the offer!

Interview Questions

• Going over resume in detail; overall, it was very conversational and they want to get to know you as a person. Have confidence and bring your persona!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview started with salutation, followed by a question of my previous employer, because the person interviewing me used to work for that person, and later I was asked question related to what activity I do outside of school aside from study like what I have done or achieve; something that was academia related and lastly I was asked of my work experience such what I learned, what I have done and sometimes specific details on the job I did and lastly the question was related to why I chose accouting

Associate (Audit) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round on-campus interview: very nice and casual. Had a good conversation about my internships and my perspectives of traveling and work at the big 4.

2nd round office visit: the firm paid for flights and hotels. I spent a night there for the social event and another day for office visit and interviews. 2 back to back interviews. Generally I feel the second round is a bit tougher for Deloitte. One of the interviewers seem to nitpick my answers but I understand that they're trying to differentiate us. So be prepared for tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of you dealing with difficult team members. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online and get on campus interview. Their culture is great. Recruiter was helpful. Get a on campus interview. The interview questions are pretty standard about the teamwork and relationship building.

Interview Questions

• My teamwork experience, leadership and relationship building skills.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2016.

Interview

Two back-to-back 30 minutes interview, one with manager, the other with the partner. The partner is quite free style, asking to go through the resume and starting the conversation randomly. The manager is more focused on the behavior questions

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Laid back interview. I really like Deloitte and my interviewer. I just got my second round in-house interview. Suggestions: Be yourself, Relax, expect some uncommon questions, be fun, do not be nervous

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Behavioral questions, it was more conversational rather than asking questions. I had an interview with the campus recruiter, and the partner went into our room. It was different. I felt it went well, but i did not hear from them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. one behavioral question
      3. What was your responsibility at your club organization?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

One thirty minute on campus interview with a manager. Followed by second round interview in-office with one partner and two senior managers. Finally we went to a nearby lunch spot with four senior associates. Very expensive lunch, no expense spared.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent news article you read that relates to the accounting industry.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through my college career center and through the career website. A week later I received an on campus interview. Standard interview. The interviewer began by introducing himself and his background (pay attention so you can ask him questions about his career path). Briefly discussed my background and why I wanted to work for Deloitte. Then 4 standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something innovative at work or school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very fast, friendly, and laid-back. I was very satisfied with my campus recruiter and alumni that I spoke with. The first round also included brief community service for candidates. Make sure to do research on the firm, people, clients, and service lines. The interviewer liked the questions I asked because I showed my interests in Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Deloitte   1 Answer

Negotiation

Deloitte is a great company to work for and I loved the diversity.