Deloitte Audit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Audit Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Princeton, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

applied through university website. had an on-campus interview with a director. later I was called for an on-site visit where I met 2 partners. Offer was communicated by one of the partners within a couple of hours after the visit.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were resume-based and behavioral. No technical questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Deloitte knows how to wine and dine future talent. They are engaging and polite people, and know how to entice someone to come into their Big4 realm.

Interview Questions

• Most behavioral interview questions were pretty basic, just study up and be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, as and intern you take the given hourly salary, which is amazing anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

This was a great internship to learn about public accounting. I got in touch with Deloitte through my college and started the interview process there. I had to write a cover letter and send my resume and transcript. I then had an on campus interview where the questions were standard, not too difficult. A manager interviewed me and mainly questioned me about my experience on my resume. There were a couple of behavioral questions that were not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions asked were the behavioral questions as the questions about my resume were pretty simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, standard offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

I did the Summer Leadership Program. It was a two day program with all expenses paid, including milage, meals, and parking. There was one mock interview that was very laid back and more like a conversation than a traditional interview. The program was informative and enjoyable. I definitely recommend attending.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many interview questions, but the ones that I was asked were mostly about information that I provided on my resume and on my application. Like I mentioned above, there was one mock interview that was very laid back and more like a conversation than a traditional interview.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Interview

The Partner I interviewed with was very informative and was genuinely interested in the path I wanted to take. This company has lots of opportunity for growth as a professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bloomington, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

On-Campus behavior based interview with two partners. One from audit and one from tax. The interview took a total of one hour. I was asked primarily questions on based on my resume. A week later I was asked to visit the office in Chicago. I was put in the W hotel on Deloitte's expense. The visit was very relaxed and consisted of HR presentations and two interviews with senior management. At least one of them was an auditor from Andrew Anderson and was very sensitive to anything related to Enron. Most of the questions asked were related to why am I interested in auditing and why Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• To me the most difficult question was: "How do your peers know that you are putting effort in what you are doing?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very easy process when going through interviews on campus.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I interviewed for a spring audit internship. Candidates were invited to a pre-night event. During both the pre-night and interview, Deloitte employees acted unenthusiastic. They were not trying to sell their firm, and they were more interested in what you knew about the firm than what you could offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Campus interview was pretty easy. I was at a target school and probably >50% of applicants got campus interviews, and the majority of campus interviews got office interviews.

At the office visit, the first interview was pretty relaxed and mostly an opportunity for me to ask questions. Right at the beginning of my second office interview that day, with the partner, they extended the offer. It was nice to have the pressure out of the way at that point, and we went out for a very nice lunch ($90 w/o alcohol).

All of the Big 4 are very similar- they treat you very well for a campus hire and bring out all the wow things, and the offers they give for a given market are almost exactly the same. My EY offer was literally within 3 cents per hour, same signing bonus, etc. Ultimately it was the people and overall feel of the visit that made me choose one firm over the other, and either choice would have been a good one.

Interview Questions

• There we no technical questions that I remember, but they asked several times for experiences I had on teams and how I had learned to contribute or resolve conflicts. Almost any answer is acceptable, they want to see how you communicate and whether you are confident and positive about the experience. Practice telling concise and relevant stories.

I was also surprised at times at how much time they gave ME to ask questions in the interview. I had prepared a few to ask, but if I did it again I would have a large list of potential questions because they gave me many opportunities to ask them and it seems unprofessional when you don't have anything to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For campus hires there isn't really a salary negotiation, recruiters and school representatives made that clear before we flew out. Since I had two offers, I got Deloitte to agree to let me choose which clients to work on during the internship as an added bonus (everybody gets to ask for preferred clients or industries, but they gave me slightly special treatment in order to make the offer sweeter than EY's without changing the pay).

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

Best way to get an internship with Deloitte is to work with your campus recruiter. Also, make sure the first time you see the interviewer is not in the interview.