Deloitte Audit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Audit Intern Interview Questions

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

1st round on-campus, 2nd round in-house

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2012.

Interview

It is done via on campus recruiting. I applied online through my university's career website, and submitted both my resume and unofficial transcript. After being selected for interview on campus, Deloitte had a dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was held in a bar/restaurant and it is optional. The next day was the interview. After the interview, I got a respond from the HR person few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans in the next 5 years? What about the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The whole process from the start of sending in your application and first round interview is almost 2 weeks, 5-6 weeks if you move on to second rounds. Deloitte is very fast on sending out there approval to come in for an interview or if you didn't get it. Instructions on registering are clear-cut, although tedious compared to my past experiences.

You will be invited to a social night to meet the firm, and the following day will be your interview.

The partners were very nice, making there way around to each group at the social night to introduce themselves, and overall made a great impression. The younger staff seemed nice and welcoming as well, but that welcoming vibe sort of diminishes when you come to see them in the front lobby pre-interview. I give the younger staff the benefit of the doubt that they could have been nervous for hosting the first time, but overall, there was a significant change in their attitude, regardless if you met them before or not.

My interview was pretty straight-forward and nothing unexpected that you can't prepare for. After the introduction and ice-breaking comments, my interviewer seem to didn't want to open up after that. It was cut-and-dry business talk about the firm and work you will be doing. Very informative but not interesting when my goal was to try to understand about the culture and learn more about her. At one point, she started playing with her hair, possibly looking for split-ends?

Overall, seems like a great company, although my interviewer was nice, I was not impressed based on what she did as it left a bad impression for the firm.

Interview Questions

• A lot of time you will be working with groups, and there might be a member that is hard to work with.. give an example and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Campus interview. There is a pre-interview social for interviewees to meet with people from the firm.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I interviewed for a spring audit internship. Candidates were invited to a pre-night event. During both the pre-night and interview, Deloitte employees acted unenthusiastic. They were not trying to sell their firm, and they were more interested in what you knew about the firm than what you could offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bloomington, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

On-Campus behavior based interview with two partners. One from audit and one from tax. The interview took a total of one hour. I was asked primarily questions on based on my resume. A week later I was asked to visit the office in Chicago. I was put in the W hotel on Deloitte's expense. The visit was very relaxed and consisted of HR presentations and two interviews with senior management. At least one of them was an auditor from Andrew Anderson and was very sensitive to anything related to Enron. Most of the questions asked were related to why am I interested in auditing and why Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• To me the most difficult question was: "How do your peers know that you are putting effort in what you are doing?"   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Standard online testing - practice tests at assessment day are useful
    Online Etray - pretty much all information can be found on online forums; key is to be prepared as time is tight particularly for the second one
    Final interview - the next stage is the final interview with a manager at the interview you have chosen. This is a competency based interview. I found the interview to be very rigid and there was no friendly chat. The manager did not seem to have read my notes before and did not know what I was applying for and that I had travelled from a different country. However, this may not reflect all interviewers.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Auckland (New Zealand)) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted my online application then completed personality test. Deloitte NZ does not have psychometric tests like PwC or other firms. Then I got the phone screening from HR few days later. The phone call lasted for 5 minutes, mostly all people will have the same time limit for the phone call. After 3 days an email sent from HR concluded that my application was unable to be progressed further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Newark, DE) in October 2010.

Interview

It was an interview on campus. I waited for about 5 minutes to speak with the interviewer. The interview took about 30 minutes. Basic questions about behavior and situation circumstances were asked. The interview was very civil.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a team member was not meeting expectations and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Mostly behavioral interview. Remember a time when...kind of questions. I would recommend coming up with canned responses in advance for all the typical questions. Time you were challenged, time you overcame adversity, time you motivated another person, etc. Also got asked what I was proudest about on my resume. That said, GPA is the most important thing to them when they look for an intern. So if you don't have an amazing GPA, you ought to consider the other firms before Deloitte as they may not give you the consideration you deserve. They are however, very nice and honest. They don't just tell you that you will play kickball and go to Lady Gaga concerts like other firms do.