Deloitte Audit Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.9

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruited out of college, many interview but plenty of opportunity to get to know the staff. The interviews were not too difficult. They really just want to get to know you to see if you'll be a fit in the office

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Smooth and organized interview process. Interviewed with 3 managers/partners for 30 min each. All 3 interviews were conversation based and the interviewers were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself and why I want to work at Deloitte. I was also asked questions regarding my prior job experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Got the first round interview invitation through campus recruiting. It was set up with two back-to-back behavioral interviews with a Director and a Partner.

Interview Questions

• The least favorite part of the most recent internship. Not expected to talk about any negative side of the most recent one, which I planned to highlight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Campus, OH).

Interview

Spoke with the campus recruiter a few weeks prior to attending a campus recruiting event. Went to event and spoke with the campus recruiter as well as a second year staff that asked me questions as she checked things off of a clipboard. The next day I was invited to an on campus interview for the following week. Deloitte had brought in two staff members to talk with the ones waiting to be interviewed as the prior interviews were being completed. Interview was fairly simple, lasted half an hour. Asked basic questions about describing myself, what I like to do, and why I liked public accounting. Gave me a "save the date" card for an office interview for two weeks from then. In the end two weeks had passed yet I still had received no notification on an update. I ended up reaching out to the recruiter and getting a response a few days later. Basically Deloitte likes their staff to come in with no experience so they can mold them the way they want, and I already had experience and they didn't like that. Ended up going with another of the big four.

Interview Questions

• All relativity standard. Asked a lot of team related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

On campus interview with 2 interviewer: one manager and one partner. The interview process was like a conversation, and I was asked about my past internships, teamwork experiences, and challenges I have met before. When talking with partner it was really like a conversation, but the manager interviews were more follow up the routine interview process.

Interview Questions

• The first round interview is not very difficult, just using example to demonstrate your experience and be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

Resume screening

Interview Questions

• Very easy behavioral question, but you don't know what they look for   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

On campus recruiting:
    1. On campus interview, introduction of yourself, and "tell me a situation where you have ..." type of questions. Interviewed with two people, one senior manager (6 yrs), one director with more than 15 yrs of experience.
    2. two weeks latter, invited for an office-visit. Started at 3 pm. 3 short interviews with different persons, one of them is a partner. Followed by a dinner.
    3. two weeks latter, received a call from the recruiting manager, saying they cannot extend an offer at this time because of limited space.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you have listened to someone else's opinions and the results.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

Range of different questions, how I would handle situations, etc. Didn't dive deep into technical knowledge, more just getting a feel for who you are. Wanted to understand why audit vs. Tax vs. ERS. That is an important question for the interview. If they don't have a need or if you are not interested in the local office, it can make things more difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

All behavior questions. it was my first interview in my sophomore year so it didn't go very well. This position is summer internship and I am an international student. I think my resume is good enough to attract them but due to the visa issue, the big 4 are decreasing their recruitment of international students.

Interview Questions

• Any experience that you took the initiative ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied as a college senior majoring in accounting to the Big 4 firms. My interview with Deloitte was the most difficult, most structured of the 4. The interview was structured with "what-if" and "tell me about a time" scenarios, such as "Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and the team was not cooperating. What did you do to fix the situation?" All questions were formed this way.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your biggest weakness." Make sure to turn your weakness into a strength!   Answer Question