Deloitte Interview Questions in Belfast, Northern Ireland | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2016

3.9

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

1 - I applied through a recruiter and was in a face to face competency interview the week after.
    2 - 3 weeks later I took part in an Assessment Centre in Belfast which had 4 separate parts

* Written assessment - analysing a 20+ page written scenario about a business and summarising it into the main points across 2 pages for board members to get a jist of what is going on

* Presentation assessment - assessing an 9 page business case about a current business, what is happening with it, what has went wrong and then creating a 3-6 slides on a whiteboard to illustrate what I believe the issue is, what the effects has been on the company, and what I think needs to be done to benefit the business. Then delivering that presentation to a Senior Manager

* Another 30 min technical interview with above Senior Manager about why Deloitte, why would I be a good fit, my past experience, how it maps to the BTA role and outside of work activities that show initiative

* A 45 min-1 hour interview with 1 Director and 1 Hiring Manager/Senior Manager. Very similar to all above interviews and for me personally, this felt like more of them asking quick fire questions like "Give me one sentence on why we would want you to work here" to determine your personality and if you can think on your feet. If you've done well at the previous stages, this shouldn't really be an issue.

The Assessment centre is quite long but due to the amount of work done, it does go quite quickly. I was in there from 11am until 4pm.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? How do you fit with the Deloitte mentality? Past experience relating to Business Analysis? Can you work in a team? Can you empower a team and provide leadership when neccessary?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Informal phone interview - current experience, salary expectations etc
    2. First stage interview with manager - intense hour long interview where lots of detailed questions were asked
    3. Called back for second stage interview and assessment centre. Got an hour to prepare for a presentation, received an 8 page brief and had to do about 5 slides. Presented to a senior manager and he asked some questions. Senior manager then interviewed for 45 mins was quite intense. He then went and spoke to the director who then came in to interview for another 45 mins. Was more relaxed but still some probing questions.

Took quite a while to contact me as they were struggling for internal approvals so doubt it would take as long usually.

Bid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

there was a robust application and interview process with a screening call followed by an interview panel at their premising. the interview was over half an hour long but seemed much quicker

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my skills matched the role and was given the opportunity to give examples   Answer Question

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. 1st Interview 2nd Interview
    First two went great but 2nd interview was terrible. Interviewer from the beginning had the attitude he did not want to be there. Went through most of the questions I was already asked(which went great first time around) but he looked so bored. !

Software Testing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. I had my phone interview two weeks after. The phone interview was basic, was asked about my previous work experience and educational background as well as what I know about the company and why did I decide to apply to Deloitte. A week after had my face to face interview with the Department Manager which was mostly a competency based interview. Manager was very nice.

Summer Vacation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very professional and in-depth. It was one on one, and it lasted for one and a half hours. The first half of the interview was basically finding out as much as possible about you. Who you are, what you do, what you plan to do, and why. I felt the interview was quite free form, i.e the interviewer didn't rigidly follow a set of questions, instead letting conversation flow and leading me where he could. The second half was then quite technical, assessing my skills, my tech background, and why I chose to pursue a career in the field. This was followed by a couple of basic programming questions on a flip chart, nothing too complex.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come work for Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • Why do a Bachelor's Degree and not a Master's?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of a Telephone interview, followed by assessment centre. Initial telephone interview was a fairly straightforward affair with the usual questions- behavioural, situational etc.
    The assessment centre on the other hand was a much more difficult matter. Comprising of a number of different tests, and a interview with a senior member of the firm.

Deloitte Digital Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application with a CV. Interview involved a business case study and the standard interview questions about technical skills and projects. Half an hour is given to read the case study and the 15 minutes of questions about the case study. Then half an hour is given for the standard interview.

Interview Questions

• How specifically would reduce costs for the consultancy case study project.   1 Answer