Deloitte Interview Questions in Belfast, Northern Ireland | Glassdoor

3.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

The entire process took two months. First stage is applying online. Second, play some games which produce a Psychological report. Third stage is to take the online assessments.
    Despite receiving good results for both tests, I got an email saying I would not be advancing to the next stage. 4 days later I got a call saying that actually, they would like to invite me to interview. Thought this was a bit strange but wasn't complaining!
    The first stage interview went really well, my interviewer was very friendly. You are first given 45 minutes to complete two items. One was a case study - write a quick presentation to show how you would address a business issue. Two was a coding test - answer two short logic problems. I presented my answers and was given a 5 minute break then the remainder of first interview was competency based.
    I was then invited to the second interview. You are given a 5 minute presentation to prepare for in a week. I produced a hand out and rehearsed it until I felt confident and prepared.
    This is where everything went downhill. I arrived for my interview and the receptionist (who seemed to be new, but was trying her best) wasn't sure who was interviewing me, or how to get in contact with them. I said I didn't have a name as I was just told to ask for 'Student Recruitment.' Eventually, they were able to contact my recruitment officer - only to find she was on annual leave. I sat for around 30 minutes.
    The first stage interviewer then walked past and later returned to tell me that my Interviewer for today was off sick. I said this was fine and I would be happy to reschedule, however I was told another colleague would conduct it.
    I want to preface this by saying I understand that this interviewer had little warning, last minute and isn't to blame. It was a Friday, and everyone was in casual wear, so he had to conduct the interview in a t-shirt, with no pen or paper. To start, he did not turn on the lights in the room. The wall is made of frosted glass so it wasn't completely dark however it wasn't ideal lighting to deliver a presentation in. (I'm aware I could have asked for the lights to be turned on, but in my defence at this stage I was a bit thrown by all the confusion, and still very nervous ahead of presenting.)
    I completed my presentation, and had been told to expect a Q&A period but this didn't happen, and we didn't really discuss the presentation any further. The interview questions were highly abstract, and not really technical. Ranging from "Do you think Facebook/social media is capable of mind control" to "Tell me about a family member with a quality you admire" I did my best to answer them, and think I did okay considering everything. He wasn't able to answer my questions about the Graduate scheme, but I understood as he was thrown into this. We ended the interview with him saying "I think you would be a very good fit for the company." and I left feeling a bit uncertain, but happy that I had done all I could.
    It was at this stage that I realized the entire interview had lasted for around 25 minutes - including 5 minutes presenting. I was worried, as I had been told to expect 1 hour 30 minutes. I contacted my officer and asked when I could expect to hear back, as I know today did not go as initially planned. (I had asked my interviewer for a turnaround, and he just said Deloitte are known for being slow to get back, but the wait is worth it in order to work here.) I also wanted to let my recruitment officer know that there were some mix ups, just to have it on record.
    I then waited two weeks with no feedback. My recruitment officer was on leave for the first week, when I had sent a couple follow up emails. She then returned on Monday and told me that she would chase up the team. Thursday evening, I received a generic email to say 'I had not been offered a place due to the competitive nature, and that I was welcome to request personal feedback but here are some of the typical reasons'
    I was disappointed, and requested my personal feedback to see where I had gone wrong. However, this was never received - may be due to the fact that my interviewer didn't have pen and paper to make any notes.
    Finally, after no response I decided to send a final email just clarifying the details of what occurred on the day, mostly for record purposes and so that it hopefully won't happen to someone else. I made it clear I didn't hold anyone accountable, but that I was simply disappointed I wasn't able to make use of the full opportunity/time slot and that I also had no feedback to go on, for myself going forward. Again, I received no reply to this email.
    My final impression was that Deloitte UK seem to be quite disjointed, to the point of being disorganized. Their communication is poor and the process itself is highly time consuming. I put a lot of time and work in at every stage and really wanted this job, but that didn't even warrant personalized feedback in the end.

Graduate Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The Interviewer asked questions regarding my qualifications and went on to other questions. Questions include: What makes Deloitte stand out, What do you understand about internal audit, How can Deloitte stay relevant in a changing world, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you use your analytical skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was applying for the Consulting graduate programme at Deloitte Digital, Belfast. After submitting my basic information and completing the personal traits game/test as well as an online test, I was invited for an interview in the Belfast office. I was interviewed by one employee who was working directly in the team. I had to work on a case for 30 minutes and then present him my solutions. After the case discussion, numerous questions on my background and motivation were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the Belfast office instead of the London office?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were working in a team.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

An overly long process taking over 3 months from point of application to actually starting work.

Be aware of being told something you want to hear versus the reality of the role once you start.

Talk to other Deloitte employees if you can to get a better idea of the role before blindly accepting an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you would contribute the most to Deloitte?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

1 - I applied through a recruiter and was in a face to face competency interview the week after.
    2 - 3 weeks later I took part in an Assessment Centre in Belfast which had 4 separate parts

* Written assessment - analysing a 20+ page written scenario about a business and summarising it into the main points across 2 pages for board members to get a jist of what is going on

* Presentation assessment - assessing an 9 page business case about a current business, what is happening with it, what has went wrong and then creating a 3-6 slides on a whiteboard to illustrate what I believe the issue is, what the effects has been on the company, and what I think needs to be done to benefit the business. Then delivering that presentation to a Senior Manager

* Another 30 min technical interview with above Senior Manager about why Deloitte, why would I be a good fit, my past experience, how it maps to the BTA role and outside of work activities that show initiative

* A 45 min-1 hour interview with 1 Director and 1 Hiring Manager/Senior Manager. Very similar to all above interviews and for me personally, this felt like more of them asking quick fire questions like "Give me one sentence on why we would want you to work here" to determine your personality and if you can think on your feet. If you've done well at the previous stages, this shouldn't really be an issue.

The Assessment centre is quite long but due to the amount of work done, it does go quite quickly. I was in there from 11am until 4pm.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? How do you fit with the Deloitte mentality? Past experience relating to Business Analysis? Can you work in a team? Can you empower a team and provide leadership when neccessary?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Informal phone interview - current experience, salary expectations etc
    2. First stage interview with manager - intense hour long interview where lots of detailed questions were asked
    3. Called back for second stage interview and assessment centre. Got an hour to prepare for a presentation, received an 8 page brief and had to do about 5 slides. Presented to a senior manager and he asked some questions. Senior manager then interviewed for 45 mins was quite intense. He then went and spoke to the director who then came in to interview for another 45 mins. Was more relaxed but still some probing questions.

Took quite a while to contact me as they were struggling for internal approvals so doubt it would take as long usually.

Bid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

there was a robust application and interview process with a screening call followed by an interview panel at their premising. the interview was over half an hour long but seemed much quicker

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my skills matched the role and was given the opportunity to give examples   Answer Question

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview. 1st Interview 2nd Interview
    First two went great but 2nd interview was terrible. Interviewer from the beginning had the attitude he did not want to be there. Went through most of the questions I was already asked(which went great first time around) but he looked so bored. !

Software Testing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. I had my phone interview two weeks after. The phone interview was basic, was asked about my previous work experience and educational background as well as what I know about the company and why did I decide to apply to Deloitte. A week after had my face to face interview with the Department Manager which was mostly a competency based interview. Manager was very nice.

Summer Vacation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very professional and in-depth. It was one on one, and it lasted for one and a half hours. The first half of the interview was basically finding out as much as possible about you. Who you are, what you do, what you plan to do, and why. I felt the interview was quite free form, i.e the interviewer didn't rigidly follow a set of questions, instead letting conversation flow and leading me where he could. The second half was then quite technical, assessing my skills, my tech background, and why I chose to pursue a career in the field. This was followed by a couple of basic programming questions on a flip chart, nothing too complex.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come work for Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • Why do a Bachelor's Degree and not a Master's?   1 Answer