Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This interview process was very long. I got into the 2nd round interview but did not get the offer. I learned a lot, but also felt exhausted after these 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had to deal with difficult teammate and how did you navigate that situation?   Answer Question
  • difficult client   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2012.

Interview

6 Interviews in total. All interviews were face to face interviews. I went to the HQ and had interviews with Senior Managers, Directors, Partners.

It took 1 week per each interview process.

Interview Questions

• Case Interviews: How eCommerce players can improve customer experience? If your client ask you to suggest M&A target in Bio industry, what will be your suggestion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied, heard back within a week about an interview the next week. One hour in the 1st round (30 min behavioral with someone and 30 mins case interview with someone). If you did well you got a call around 6pm that night for a social that evening and a second round interview the next day. All the candidates who got the job found out that evening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a hard time working with someone? Successful first and then unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview

Too burocratic, there were at least 10 candidates for the job and some of them had no clue what they were talking about. The whole process lasted around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name myweaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I got the interview because a senior partner recommended me for it. Any partner in good standing can arrange for you to get past the resume screeners for an interview.

First, there was a screening interview over the phone. This went very well, with normal interview questions about my background and the expectation that I would ask 2-3 questions about Deloitte. The point was to see if you can hold a conversation and act professionally.

Then, there were two first round interviews, a behavioral and a case interview. I also did well on the behavioral interview. I prepared by getting the top interview question list from my CSO and making notecards with the interview question on the front and my desired response on the back. I came up with about 20-25 notecards. This strategy worked well. There was only one question that I didn't see coming and I was able to give a few really solid answers to the ones I had prepped. On the last question, the interviewer even said: "Wow. That was a fantastic answer." :)

Where I ran into trouble was the case interview. My preparation was not well-suited to the interview. This was an interviewer-led case interview. After the initial prompt, there were 6 specific questions that the interviewer posed to me. Some were: "Given X, what factors would you consider in making your recommendations." But the ones that really killed me were the math questions. There were two of them. YOU HAVE TO PRACTICE MATH BEFORE THE CASE INTERVIEW. What is 20,000 times 60? What is 300 times 50? What is 50 million times 20? You have to be able to do these calculations quickly and confidently. Moreoever, you have to be able to do them consistently because one mistake can screw you over. Otherwise, before you know it you're stumbling and bumbling and you have lost the interview.

Bottom Line: The case interview is EXACTLY like Deloitte says it is on their website, just with harder math.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you brainstormed in a team environment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2010.

Interview

Started off with one 1:1 Behavioral interview and one 1:1 case interview. Second rounds were a 2:1 case interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

Difficult but positive. Interviewers were polite and attentive. Did all 3 interviews on the phone. Go to their website to look for the case interviews if you are interviewing for Federal Strategy and Operations, you will find it very helpful.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

New analyst programme in technology, they have a few rounds of interview, starting with basic HR, meet a few managers and then a case based interview. If all goes well, meet the Partner which means you are almost selected

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was facilitated by a recruiter and was very smooth. I had two rounds of interviews, both on the phone, both two-30 minute interviews (one behavioral, one case). The behavioral interview was situated as a conversation based primarily off of your resume and experiences outside of what is on your resume. The case depended upon what branch of Deloitte you applied for, and typically reflects a real case Deloitte was a part of.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Zürich (Switzerland)) in December 2016.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch war im Asessment Tag integriert. Themen waren: Stationen des CVs, Standard-Interviewfragen wie wo sehen Sie sich in 5 Jahren und einige Wissensfragen.
    Das Gespräch wurde mit einem Senior Consultant durchgeführt.

Interview Questions

• Wo sehen Sie sich in 5 Jahren?
      Was verstehen Sie unter stakeholder communication?
      Answer Question