Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through my college's career website and had an onsite interview. The day before the interview, they held a social event at a restaurant to meet the applicants before the interview. There were several consultants at the event. I would recommend going to this event to learn more about the position. During the interview, they had one case study and one behavioral interview. The case study was a typical case study and the behavioral interview were the typical STAR questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Long, tedious, confusing. Not cut out for the job but it was quite a laborious process. Multi-step interviews. If you pass one brief screening interview and then a behavioral interview and case interview, you go to a day of interviews at the office with the other recruits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First-round interview over the phone, 30 minute case and 30 minute behavioral. Second-round interview at the office in NYC. Process took about a month and a half. Was assigned a "Business Analyst" Buddy, who helped me through the process. Overall process was efficient and HR made sure that I understood what was happening every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about retail company looking to strengthen domestic sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

1- Filled the application forms online (from the company website). Standard data entry like work experience, academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, etc. + 1 covering letter.

2- (3 weeks later) Invitation for a telephone interviews: first one was a business case (easy and straight-forward) & second one was a personal interview (each interview was about 1 hour).

3- (2 weeks later) I was admitted to the final round, the business case interview

4- (3 weeks later) I did the business case interview over Lynda not face-to-face because I was living in the GCC. Interview was about 50 minutes and 20 of them were squandered while trying to overcome internet connection problems (which got me mad to my stomach).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interviews: To the point and the interviewer was frank.

Tell me about yourself? I was working at a strategy consulting back then so was involved in many aspects of consulting from contract negotiations, business model developing, financial modelling, tender bidding, report drafting etc.

A. What impact did you have on [project A] (from the CV)?

B. A time where I faced a challenge and how I overcame it?

C. Any areas where I'd like to improve to advance further in your career?

Skype interview: A nightmare. I had to install some software called "Lynda" to conduct the video conference and gain access to the material of the case (tables, graphs etc.). The interview was a Profit-type case (P = R - C) for a telecommunications company suffering from flat sales despite investing in marketing campaigns. It turned out the problem was competitors and their prices in certain regions of the market. The problem was I couldn't hear a word they were saying (it was choppy and visuals were terrible) + I couldn't see the pdf they were trying to share with me so we had to zoom all the way in so I could copy each table-row individually onto my notepad to get the data (thus losing over 15 minutes to simply note down the raw data before even analyzing it). wasting all that time made it impossible to finish the case and the interviewers were as fed-up as me by the end of the session.
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Individual interview with some cases and exercises to solve followed by a group interview on another day where you need to "show" your listening and leadership skills. Finally an interview with a manager to talk about "your future".

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was 30 minutes behavioral and 30 minutes case interview. If you were selected for a second round, they took you out somewhere fancy to meet/network with the recruiters and interviewers (anywhere from first year Analyst to Partner). Second round was an hour long case. The whole process was very quick, 2 days in total.

Interview Questions

• The hour long case involved a fast food chain seeking to understand why their profits were falling. After doing some strategy brainstorming (how to grow revenue or reduce costs) they presented a table comparing their revenues and profits to competitors. After that was a table comparing costs to competitors. These were supposed to lead you to ask why costs were high, which prompted a graph breaking down their cost structure, which led to another graph breaking down a certain type of cost. Eventually you ran a calculation to see if a certain cost-cutting strategy would yield a desired profit gain.

Basically they wanted to see if you could identify irregular trends from data. After getting to the root problem you had to run some numbers and make a recommendation. In all there was like 6 different pages of graphs and tables, each which expanded on something from the page before. You had to identify the correct anomaly to get the next piece of information.
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

I had a behavioral interview followed by a case interview as the 2nd/final rounds with a manager and a partner. They were very laid back and generally enjoyable to talk to. I noticed that they paid close attention to how confidently I made an assertion. It seemed that I had it counted against me some if I got the right answer but stated it in a timid fashion. Projecting confidence seems to be important.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview on grounds for Deloitte Japan. A US manager interviewed me. One case which lasts about 40 minutes and some behavioral questions. Hard case question about expansion. A lot of calculations involving zeros.

Interview Questions

• Should US leader in software solution industry expand internationally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through the on campus recruiting system. I received the interview invitation about a week after the application deadline and about a week before the actual interview. The first round interview is consisted of a 30 minute case interview and a 30 minute behavioral interview. The entire interview lasted about an hour. Before the interview, there are a few surveys that I need to complete (basic personal information).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite class   Answer Question
    • Case Interview: (launch a pilot program to test the new product) What kind of data you need to collect ? What are the limitations of the data you collect?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2015.

Interview

One day of interviews. In the morning there was a resume interview and a case interview. I got a call back around noon to come back for an afternoon final round interview. In this case I did an hour long case interview with a manager and a partner. Deloitte did a case workshop a few days prior to the interview which was very helpful. They highly recommend reading through Case in Point if you have the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do consulting? Both cases regarded profitability. One focused on increasing revenues and the other one looked more at decreasing costs.   Answer Question