Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First-round interviews were on campus, and consist of two 30-minute cases. The cases are fairly standard. In at least one they'll give you a series of exhibits with graphs and tables, and ask you to come to draw a conclusion or recommendation from the data. The final round interviews consist of, again, only two interviews, except this time they're 45-60 min. long. One is behavioral while the other is a case.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Process was very informative and helpful at every step. They really make an effort to make sure you get an understanding for the culture as well as the role through various events. Resume Screen, Chats, First Round, Second Round.

Interview Questions

• Case was fair but intense. Be ready to go the moment you step in the door.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First round was on campus, and it included one behavioral interview and one case interview. The second round was at their office, and consisted of one one-hour long case interview. The second round had a partner and a senior consultant.

Interview Questions

• The partner will try to trip you up in their questioning, and play the game where they answer the phone in the middle of your second round.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Deloitte Consulting has a relatively quick hiring process. I was alerted about the first-round interview around 10 days before interview date. The hiring managers were very nice and professional as were the greeters and interviewers. The interview itself consisted of one 30 minute behavioral interview and one 30 minute case. A lot depends a lot upon the interviewers you get. It seems that some perform the behavioral portion differently, some asking more broad questions and others asking more specific questions. The case portion of the interview was relatively straight forward but went by very quickly, so make sure to communicate clearly what you can in the short time you have.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral interviewer asked very specific questions about situations and examples of leadership, specifically asking about examples of leadership besides significant ones already present on my resume.   Answer Question
    • I was surprised about the amount of time allotted for me to ask the interviewers questions. Particularly in the case interview, there was time for me to ask the interviewer several questions before I moved on to the behavioral portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Very involved process. First round had 2 interviews - one behavioral and one case. The case was not the normal business case. Involved a lot of graphs and not as much calculation. Interpreting graphs etc. Second round was one house long case. Similar to the first case but more in depth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Invited to pre-interview networking event and pre-interview Ace the Case Workshop. Interview consisted of 30 min behavioural part (Why Deloitte, why consulting etc) and a 30 min Case Interview. The Case interview was easy and both interviewers were very polite. However, while they both said at the end of the interview that I was great and they liked my organization and thought process I did not pass to the next round [god knows why].

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting, very quick turn around.
    Preparation is key, plan questions and learn everything you can about Deloitte
    do case studies that are specific to Federal
    follow up with interviewers
    they like outgoing people, smile a lot etc
    huge contingent of applicants are referred

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiting came on campus and needed to apply through campus career center and company website. First round on campus with one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. Second round was the next day consisting of one hour long interview with a partner and a senior manager. Decisions were given early the next week. Networking was highly important throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• First round case was easy. Second round case was highly nuanced and extremely exhibit/numbers based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was one case and one behavioral. Behavioral interview was with a partner. Pretty conversational in nature. The partner gave off a strange vibe though, seemed like I was wasting his time. Pretty straight forward though. The case was easy, if you prepare ahead of time you will be fine. Overall okay/bad experience, but they were quick to say no.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties do you see with working for Deloitte?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

1st round and 2nd round had similar format: 1 behavioral and 1 case. Case seemed far more quantitative based than the online practice, which suggests that your recommendations are problem framework and questions are more important. Not like a typical consulting interview where I needed to ask specific questions to get more information. The interviewer had specific, quantitative = questions for me and provided a chart with lots of superfluous information. Had to pull the correct data from the chart to do calculations.