Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC).

Interview

It was quick and simple. If you haven't networked in the company, the interviews are useless. You need to have spoken to each and every person you can access on LinkedIn to get a good review. Overall the process was simple.

Interview Questions

• Q. What does risk mean to you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had two interviews back to back with two vps; each one took 30 minutes. One was a case that is similar to what they have online. Another one has resume based and common behavioral questions such as describe one time you worked in a team. I was also asked a few questions that are related to technology (What do you think is the next big thing in the future, what is your favorite technology, what is the most innovative app on your phone?)

Interview Questions

• What is the most useful and innovative app on your phone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds. First round consisted of half hour behavioral and half hour case. Second round was an hour long case with an information dump from a video at the start. One of your interviews will be with a partner. Make sure you go to all the networking events; they keep track of who puts time in. Furthermore, they will have debriefs after each event going over who they liked.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was pretty standard; however, it involved some process knowledge.   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1. Interview notification and invitation to reception the night before - definitely go. This was very helpful.
    2. 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case
    3. 45 minute case (mine was with partner)

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Have a good "Why Deloitte" story to tie in and be ready to talk about SDLC and implementation types. Check examples on their website   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's a compelling offer.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

First started with a screening phone call with the recruiter.

Then I flew in for the interview days. The first day was a case and behavioral interview, each was half an hour. They went well. Both interviewers were friendly. For the case interview, in case you're not already aware, it will not be like the typical case interview for other consulting firms. It's technology focused, so make sure you know the SDLC.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Both people I interviewed with for the behavioral and case interview were very nice but talked about themselves a lot. I got the feeling that I messed up within the first few minutes of the interview and was immediately written off because of it, with them just talking to fill up the rest of the time.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The on campus interviews had a first and second round, both with behavioral and case interviews. Rather than a typical strategy, big 3, type of case, it was much more technology focused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed through campus recruiting. It was a three step process. First was a formal interview on campus, then flown to Houston for final round for the BTA position. It consisted of a behavioral and a case which were considered two different 30 minute interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Was called for first round interview. Deloitte gives an interview buddy to practice a mock interview. It was super helpful. My interview buddy gave me some really good advice on how to do tech cases as I had no experience in tech case interviewing. First round had two 30 minute interviews - 1 behavioural, 1 case. The behavioural was standard and pretty easy. The interviewer was really nice and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview. The case was pretty easy - it was a finance and operations related case. We finished early and ended up chatting for the last 10 minutes. I was called that evening for the second round interview the following day.
    The second round interview was a 45 minute case interview. The case was much harder and was about a portal for health insurance. I had no prior knowledge about health insurance and felt I lacked in some questions. The questions were more in-depth this time, going into detail about integration process, training guidelines and requirements for the portal.
    Definitely go through the practice cases on their website and know the SDLC by heart!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview, which was one behavioral and one case study. I heard back later that night that I made it to the office visit and second round. The second round was one case interview. I thought there was a discrepancy between the two partners conducting the case studies; one partner appeared to align with a more behavioral approach while the other took a more technical approach and stuck to the structure of the case study. These discrepancies could potentially be a major factor in your outcome, depending on who you end up interviewing with. I had the more technical approach, and it did not help that my interviewer seemed disengaged and looked at his phone, which I thought was poor interviewing etiquette.