Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

636 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of jntervjew. 2 are technical then communication and manager and finally hr round.
interview process is generally day long and people get offer on the same dayinterview process is generally day long and people get offer on the same day.

Negotiation

good

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Norman, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

1st: behavioral so the basic questions that you can find online; 2nd: case study was very difficult and sometimes people overthink the answer while it could be something so simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Riverside, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

My Deloitte interview situation was honestly mediocre in comparison to my Deloitte recruiting experience (which was very extensive and wonderful). I had three thirty-minute back-to-back interviews at my university campus; the first was a behavioral, and the second and third were both case studies. The behavioral interview was unusually brief, and the case interviews were much more technical than I was expecting after reading other interview reviews on here (and in my opinion, much too difficult for any college student to confidently and knowledgeably answer). The interviewers seemed cold and had little to no interest in the interview, and there were no female interviewers. I got no replies from the interviewers after sending followup emails. I personally found them rude and felt they had already pre-selected who they wanted to hire prior to even conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What got you interested in technology?
      - Tell me about a situation that tested your integrity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I started with an initial phone interview with HR to understand my background, current position, motivations and goals. This was a family standard 30 min process.
    Second interview was with a Manager, going over my resume in more details, asking me about specific accomplishments and testing my technical knowledge. This was also over the phone and lasted an hour.
    Then followed a group interview with about 10 other candidates, taking the full day and covering a number of different exercises including a written exercise, group discussions, and exercises.
    Finally, I was invited to meet a Partner for an hour. This was when the final details of the offer were put forward, so it seemed like it was simply a formality - an opportunity for me to meet them and a Partner to makes sure I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a personal project or situation that didn’t work out well?   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was set up with a very helpful phone mock interview first. The actual interview consisted of a 1/2 hour case and 1/2 hour behavioral, each with different interviewers. They didn't seem unfriendly, but neither smiled that much. The case was pretty tough. Communication before the interview was excellent.

Interview Questions

• What documents would an outsourced overseas website developer need in order to develop the desired website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bloomington, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Campus Interview - Went to all the pre-interview events (information session, case preparation session, etc.) and was given an interview.
    Round 1 consisted on back-to-back interviews. The first was behavioral. The second was a case interview. They call that evening to tell me I was moving on to the next round which was the following day.
    Round 2 was a 75 minute case/behavioral combo interview.
    I heard back 12 days later.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for case interviews. They have very good study materials on the Deloitte website for cases.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I had on-campus interviews. There were 3 rounds:
    1. Aptitude test - basic math and English
    2. Group case study presentation
    3. Personal Interview

Test you mostly on your logical and analytical skills. Look for a culture fit.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The selection process has 3 rounds as follows:

ROUND 1: APTITUDE TEST
    Level: Moderate.
     The test consists of 3 sections namely Quantitative ability, Logical reasoning and Verbal ability. Each section has around 25 questions with no negative marking and 35 minutes time is allotted. You can go through online websites for practicing Quants and Logical sections, which will be sufficient. In case of Verbal section, you have to sharpen your Reading and comprehension skills to manage time effectively.
    Approximately, 300 candidates attempted the aptitude test and only 37 were shortlisted for further rounds. With that you now have an idea of how well you need to perform in Round 1.

ROUND 2: Case Study / Group Discussion / Presentation
     Unlike most of the other MNC's hiring process, Deloitte conducts a case study followed by Group Discussion and Presentation to test the problem solving skills of the candidates and how they are as a team player. So in this round, the shortlisted candidates are divided into groups equally and a case is presented to each group. These cases are usually real life business problems and you are expected to provide a solution to it as a group. For example cases you can refer the company's website. You are given 10 minutes to read the whole case and understand it. After this, the group discussion is initiated. Few important points to be noted:
    1) Understand the case well and try to come up with the best possible solution according to you.
    2) Present your points in the discussion without interrupting or offending group mates.
    3) May it be right or not, be confident enough with what you have to say.
    While the discussion is going on, two members from the company are mentoring the whole group without interfering. So, be at your best behavior.

After a 20 minutes group discussion, 5 minutes are given to put the solution onto a chart paper. This is again team work. Once the chart is ready, you have to present this chart infront of another panel. It is a group presentation hence, everybody should take a part and speak.
    * Never speak too much or too less.
    * Encourage your team mates to speak if they are reluctant.

From the 37 of us, only 18 were shortlisted to the next round. Here you see, the number goes down to half!

ROUND 3: TECHNICAL and HR INTERVIEW
     To our surprise, only one interview session was conducted but there were two panelists. On the technical side, they asked about the projects i did in graduation and few basic programming questions. This round is more about your personality check and your communication skills. The panelists will try to make you comfortable and then put you in different situations and ask a way out. Basically, your thought process is analyzed. My advice is just be frank and never try to rig up anything which is not true.
    Be genuine. Be yourself. If you really have in you what they require, you'll bag the job.

I hope you find my review helpful.
    All the best!

Interview Questions

• How good are you in computer languages?
      Have you ever been a team leader, if so what responsibilities a team leader has?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years down the lane?
      Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2017.

Interview

6 rounds
    telephonic: profile screening
    technical round
    Face to Face: manager technical round
    communication round
    Sr Manager
    HR

Profile screening was easy
    Technical rounds were more focused on what we have worked on and the managerial rounds were basically on case studies to the profile applied for.
    and HR rounds are easy only on negotiations.
    The communication round is a online test, conducted by Pearson its called Versant test.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically on the P2P cycle as they had called for the same requirement   1 Answer