Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of jntervjew. 2 are technical then communication and manager and finally hr round.
interview process is generally day long and people get offer on the same dayinterview process is generally day long and people get offer on the same day.

Negotiation

good

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Norman, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

1st: behavioral so the basic questions that you can find online; 2nd: case study was very difficult and sometimes people overthink the answer while it could be something so simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Riverside, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

My Deloitte interview situation was honestly mediocre in comparison to my Deloitte recruiting experience (which was very extensive and wonderful). I had three thirty-minute back-to-back interviews at my university campus; the first was a behavioral, and the second and third were both case studies. The behavioral interview was unusually brief, and the case interviews were much more technical than I was expecting after reading other interview reviews on here (and in my opinion, much too difficult for any college student to confidently and knowledgeably answer). The interviewers seemed cold and had little to no interest in the interview, and there were no female interviewers. I got no replies from the interviewers after sending followup emails. I personally found them rude and felt they had already pre-selected who they wanted to hire prior to even conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What got you interested in technology?
      - Tell me about a situation that tested your integrity.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I started with an initial phone interview with HR to understand my background, current position, motivations and goals. This was a family standard 30 min process.
    Second interview was with a Manager, going over my resume in more details, asking me about specific accomplishments and testing my technical knowledge. This was also over the phone and lasted an hour.
    Then followed a group interview with about 10 other candidates, taking the full day and covering a number of different exercises including a written exercise, group discussions, and exercises.
    Finally, I was invited to meet a Partner for an hour. This was when the final details of the offer were put forward, so it seemed like it was simply a formality - an opportunity for me to meet them and a Partner to makes sure I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a personal project or situation that didn’t work out well?   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was set up with a very helpful phone mock interview first. The actual interview consisted of a 1/2 hour case and 1/2 hour behavioral, each with different interviewers. They didn't seem unfriendly, but neither smiled that much. The case was pretty tough. Communication before the interview was excellent.

Interview Questions

• What documents would an outsourced overseas website developer need in order to develop the desired website?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First round was technical it was quite long and it was all about to check about you basic skills. Like I was there for .Net developer he asked about all the concepts of CLR, GC etc. If you want to start preparing for Deloitte better to start from scratch. He then moved on to ASP.NET then on ASP.NET MVC. Gave me scenarios how would I implement in the production environment. The interviewer gave me two scenario i was able to implement completely only one and the other one implemented not so complete.

After I cleared the first technical round they asked me to appear for the second one and in the 2nd technical it was short and more on the current project. How database works how the data flows. What's your role? The question were on Design patterns as well because I wrote it on my resume.

After that I was asked to take versant test. It was easy.

After that there was a managerial round in which he asked me why you would like to join Deloitte and not other companies if you have offer. The round was short and if was quite scary. But all and all it was a very good experience to get interviewed at Delloite.

After that HR came and took for the salary negotiation. Salary negotiation in this Company is not really a problem. You just have to ask what you want and if you are capable of they will give you.

A verbal offer presented to me and same was told that, the offer break will be sent to you on your mail.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2015.

Interview

College recruiting. I applied via my career center portal. Made first round interview but was not invited for second round. I guess I bombed the case study. I thought my answers were pretty good.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Out of undergrad they do on-campus recruiting, you submit application, then get a buddy to help you do a mock case interview, followed by first round behavioral and case, then second round behavioral and case with a partner

Interview Questions

• Please describe a team that you did not like working with, and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was two parts. First, a typical behavioral interview asking me to go over my resume, why I think I'd be a good fit and why Deloitte. Secondly, I had a small case which I was through. The interviewer was very easy going, answered all questions and guided me through the case. Later that afternoon I was called back for a final interview which composed of one 60 minute case. Here, a senior partner interviewed me and was tough, asking difficult questions and changing his role as a shareholder in the case. (i.e. Now assume I am ______ , would that change your answer) The second case interview was significantly more difficult. Be familiar with SDLC. They will tell you case prep is not important, but they ask pretty traditional tech-focused cases. Do prepare!

Interview Questions

• During the case interview, the interviewer changed roles from head of operations to head of security and repeated the question.   2 Answers