Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Riverside, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

My Deloitte interview situation was honestly mediocre in comparison to my Deloitte recruiting experience (which was very extensive and wonderful). I had three thirty-minute back-to-back interviews at my university campus; the first was a behavioral, and the second and third were both case studies. The behavioral interview was unusually brief, and the case interviews were much more technical than I was expecting after reading other interview reviews on here (and in my opinion, much too difficult for any college student to confidently and knowledgeably answer). The interviewers seemed cold and had little to no interest in the interview, and there were no female interviewers. I got no replies from the interviewers after sending followup emails. I personally found them rude and felt they had already pre-selected who they wanted to hire prior to even conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What got you interested in technology?
    - Tell me about a situation that tested your integrity.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I started with an initial phone interview with HR to understand my background, current position, motivations and goals. This was a family standard 30 min process.
    Second interview was with a Manager, going over my resume in more details, asking me about specific accomplishments and testing my technical knowledge. This was also over the phone and lasted an hour.
    Then followed a group interview with about 10 other candidates, taking the full day and covering a number of different exercises including a written exercise, group discussions, and exercises.
    Finally, I was invited to meet a Partner for an hour. This was when the final details of the offer were put forward, so it seemed like it was simply a formality - an opportunity for me to meet them and a Partner to makes sure I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a personal project or situation that didn’t work out well?   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2013.

Interview

I was selected through the on-campus recruitment process. Deloitte has a few Receptions on campus to allow selected students to network with current employees, to learn more about the company. Once selected they ask you to fill out a couple of online forms before you interview with them. I had a 1 hr interview - 30 mins case study interview, and 30 min behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The case study was very unexpected due to my background. Case study - a CFO has newly joined the company due to a acquisition and the employees do not like her, and she has a new implementation of a data management system that will help them save time as they currently have 5 different systems that allow them to generate reports over a period of 2 months. How should she go about the Content Risk Analysis. I do not have any business background and I would have appreciated if Deloitte took the time to understand my background before interviewing me. As it seemed as a big waste of time and energy. Also the behavioral interview was very unexpected, as the interviewer made so many assumptions, and was so confused, and the worst thing was that he kept telling me that he is confused. Well duh, you wouldn't be confused if you read my resume before interviewing me.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was set up with a very helpful phone mock interview first. The actual interview consisted of a 1/2 hour case and 1/2 hour behavioral, each with different interviewers. They didn't seem unfriendly, but neither smiled that much. The case was pretty tough. Communication before the interview was excellent.

Interview Questions

• What documents would an outsourced overseas website developer need in order to develop the desired website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was two parts. First, a typical behavioral interview asking me to go over my resume, why I think I'd be a good fit and why Deloitte. Secondly, I had a small case which I was through. The interviewer was very easy going, answered all questions and guided me through the case. Later that afternoon I was called back for a final interview which composed of one 60 minute case. Here, a senior partner interviewed me and was tough, asking difficult questions and changing his role as a shareholder in the case. (i.e. Now assume I am ______ , would that change your answer) The second case interview was significantly more difficult. Be familiar with SDLC. They will tell you case prep is not important, but they ask pretty traditional tech-focused cases. Do prepare!

Interview Questions

• During the case interview, the interviewer changed roles from head of operations to head of security and repeated the question.   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Hello all,
    I applied through online site called freshersvoice.com
    Then i received a mail about written assesment test.
    Written test:
    3 sections
    1. English
    2. Quants
    3. Reasoning
    It was easy. Concentrate on quants. Time management is very important.

Case study discussion round:
    In this round they'll give you a case study. You have to discuss on this case study, point out problems and important aspects, then you have to present that case study on a board or chart to another person. He'll ask as many questions on the topic, be ready to answer.

Versant round:
    Its about your English communication skills,
    Check out versant on Google.

Personal interview:
    This is final round, completly based on your resume. Be honest, do not fake your resume or lie. They immediately know what exactly you are!
    If you perform well in previous rounds they go for technical questions.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds -
    1. The first was an aptitude test (computerized) that has quantitative and verbal sections. (like an easier version of the GRE).
    2. The second round was a group discussion where candidates are thrown into groups of 6-8 people and given a case to analyze and a solution to be designed and presented to a recruiter.
    3. The candidates who make it through the discussion round are then interviewed by a one to two senior managers, and they then make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Lots of tricky situation questions - more of a behavioral interview but with more pressure. e.g. If your teammate disagrees with you on the way to do something would you force them to do it your way? Would you single a teammate out if they're not able to contribute and ask them why, would you assert your authority to make them work?, etc   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was an on campus interview with 3 rounds.
    Initial screening, Group discussion with presentation and one on one interview.
    It was a pretty competitive day with over 80 applications and 6 were selected.

Interview Questions

• Expand and explain about BCMA?   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

1. Technical round on SAP FICO
    2. Managerial round which had one on one discussion with the competency lead. Its technical + behavioral round.
    3. Communication test which included English proficiency test. It happened via VOIP with a pre configured exam testing your oral, listening and reading skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed salary was offered and no negotiation took place

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

One behavioral interview on campus and
    One case interview on campus back to back. From the outcome of these interviews the employer would decide to call you for the next round in the desired office.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral questions about you and your background, interests and skills.   Answer Question