Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview, which was one behavioral and one case study. I heard back later that night that I made it to the office visit and second round. The second round was one case interview. I thought there was a discrepancy between the two partners conducting the case studies; one partner appeared to align with a more behavioral approach while the other took a more technical approach and stuck to the structure of the case study. These discrepancies could potentially be a major factor in your outcome, depending on who you end up interviewing with. I had the more technical approach, and it did not help that my interviewer seemed disengaged and looked at his phone, which I thought was poor interviewing etiquette.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was split into two rounds. The first round was one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. The case was more of a question and answer dialogue. I read the case and then the interviewer asked me questions regarding the process of the implementation of the system in the case. Very straightforward, know SDLC. The 2nd round consisted of another case interview where I was put in a room and told to watch a video, which was another case, and told to map out a solution. I then presented the solution in detail to the interviewer 20 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given ambiguous instructions.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2016.

Interview

Applied thru university, two day process. Two interviews (behavioral and case) on Day 1, you will be invited for Day 2 and a dinner social if you passed. One harder case interview on Day 2. Heard back after two weeks. Gave me 1 month to accept offer. They had over 10 people at social, case workshops, extremely engaged.

Interview Questions

• Standard case interview about software designs, good to know SDLC   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ithaca, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First day was two back to back 30 minute interviews, one behavioral and one case. You find out that night if you were invited for the second and final round the next day. The second round consisted of a 45 minute case interview, which was more dense and contained more questions. A 5 minute resume review and 5 minute questioning for the interviewer followed the case on the second day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app?
      How do you get your tech news?
      Tell me about a time when you had conflicting ideas with a team member and how you resolved the issue.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first round on campus interview. Half hour case and half hour behavior interview. The case is totally about business, but I prepared a lot about SDLC...I feel this position might be a good fit for undergraduates, who want to pursue a career in consulting and have a business mind. People are nice. We had a pre-interview dinner.

Interview Questions

• What technology trend/product interests you most?
      What stake holders should we talk with to solve the problem?(for case interview)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

30 min Behavioral + 30 min Case Study.

Both interviewers were very friendly and welcoming. The behavioral interview feels like a coffee conversation and the interesting thing is that the interviewer did not take any notes during my interview (they might know right after the interview if you are a good match or not..).
    The case study was pretty challenging, I didn't even know what they were asking me!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick and relaxed. Review their website for the best practice. Questions were case based, lead by the interviewer. I had my behavioral with a Partner, so you're going to be talking to important people within the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an ambiguous situation and how you reacted to it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First day of interview was 30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study. You get notified that same day if you got the second round, which will be the next day. Second day was a 45 minute case study. Notified if you receive an offer within 2 weeks. I really enjoyed the interviewers in both rounds.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lewisburg, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through the campus recruiting process. They came to campus and brought the interview candidate to dinner the night before the interview. The interview was 90 minutes and consisted of 2 30 minute case interviews and one 30 minute behavioral interview. The entire process was extremely smooth and the team made us all feel at ease throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my resume and had a very casual conversation about my experiences.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2016.

Interview

For the internship, the entire interview consisted of two half hour case studies as well as a half hour behavioral interview. The behavioral interview was more conversational and the interviewer was not taking notes. For the case studies, study the SDLC and practice as many cases as you can. They want to see your logic and the way you think as opposed to your business and tech background.