Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

626 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

First started with a screening phone call with the recruiter.

Then I flew in for the interview days. The first day was a case and behavioral interview, each was half an hour. They went well. Both interviewers were friendly. For the case interview, in case you're not already aware, it will not be like the typical case interview for other consulting firms. It's technology focused, so make sure you know the SDLC.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

A 30 minute screening call. Then 2 30 minute in office interview. They were very nice. Took a while to hear back. Ask very simple personality question, and basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a problem in a group.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was two parts. First, a typical behavioral interview asking me to go over my resume, why I think I'd be a good fit and why Deloitte. Secondly, I had a small case which I was through. The interviewer was very easy going, answered all questions and guided me through the case. Later that afternoon I was called back for a final interview which composed of one 60 minute case. Here, a senior partner interviewed me and was tough, asking difficult questions and changing his role as a shareholder in the case. (i.e. Now assume I am ______ , would that change your answer) The second case interview was significantly more difficult. Be familiar with SDLC. They will tell you case prep is not important, but they ask pretty traditional tech-focused cases. Do prepare!

Interview Questions

• During the case interview, the interviewer changed roles from head of operations to head of security and repeated the question.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed through campus recruiting. It was a three step process. First was a formal interview on campus, then flown to Houston for final round for the BTA position. It consisted of a behavioral and a case which were considered two different 30 minute interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was split into two rounds. The first round was one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. The case was more of a question and answer dialogue. I read the case and then the interviewer asked me questions regarding the process of the implementation of the system in the case. Very straightforward, know SDLC. The 2nd round consisted of another case interview where I was put in a room and told to watch a video, which was another case, and told to map out a solution. I then presented the solution in detail to the interviewer 20 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given ambiguous instructions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview, which was one behavioral and one case study. I heard back later that night that I made it to the office visit and second round. The second round was one case interview. I thought there was a discrepancy between the two partners conducting the case studies; one partner appeared to align with a more behavioral approach while the other took a more technical approach and stuck to the structure of the case study. These discrepancies could potentially be a major factor in your outcome, depending on who you end up interviewing with. I had the more technical approach, and it did not help that my interviewer seemed disengaged and looked at his phone, which I thought was poor interviewing etiquette.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Was called for first round interview. Deloitte gives an interview buddy to practice a mock interview. It was super helpful. My interview buddy gave me some really good advice on how to do tech cases as I had no experience in tech case interviewing. First round had two 30 minute interviews - 1 behavioural, 1 case. The behavioural was standard and pretty easy. The interviewer was really nice and it was more like a conversation rather than an interview. The case was pretty easy - it was a finance and operations related case. We finished early and ended up chatting for the last 10 minutes. I was called that evening for the second round interview the following day.
    The second round interview was a 45 minute case interview. The case was much harder and was about a portal for health insurance. I had no prior knowledge about health insurance and felt I lacked in some questions. The questions were more in-depth this time, going into detail about integration process, training guidelines and requirements for the portal.
    Definitely go through the practice cases on their website and know the SDLC by heart!

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2016.

Interview

Applied thru university, two day process. Two interviews (behavioral and case) on Day 1, you will be invited for Day 2 and a dinner social if you passed. One harder case interview on Day 2. Heard back after two weeks. Gave me 1 month to accept offer. They had over 10 people at social, case workshops, extremely engaged.

Interview Questions

• Standard case interview about software designs, good to know SDLC   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ithaca, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First day was two back to back 30 minute interviews, one behavioral and one case. You find out that night if you were invited for the second and final round the next day. The second round consisted of a 45 minute case interview, which was more dense and contained more questions. A 5 minute resume review and 5 minute questioning for the interviewer followed the case on the second day.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app?
      How do you get your tech news?
      Tell me about a time when you had conflicting ideas with a team member and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first round on campus interview. Half hour case and half hour behavior interview. The case is totally about business, but I prepared a lot about SDLC...I feel this position might be a good fit for undergraduates, who want to pursue a career in consulting and have a business mind. People are nice. We had a pre-interview dinner.

Interview Questions

• What technology trend/product interests you most?
      What stake holders should we talk with to solve the problem?(for case interview)   Answer Question