Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

606 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two interviews, one for behavioral and one for case interview. Behavioral interview asked about your resume and professional goals. Case interview was standard and had you go through specific case studies and your approach to solving.

Interview Questions

• What type of consulting would I be best fit for, Federal or Commercial?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and straight forward. First, I had a 30 minute behavioral phone interview. The interviewer was kind and asked basic questions about myself like my strengths and weaknesses. The next set of interviews were in person and case study interviews. They were very similar to the practice cases that were offered on Deloitte's website.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2016.

Interview

A mix of behavioral and case. The interviewers were very nice. They want you to succeed in the interview, so just prove it to them. The trick in any interview is to believe in yourself. Any interviewer can notice.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very smooth and structured.
    There was an opportunity to talk to current employees the night before the first round, but there were many other interviewees there so don't expect to have made a lot of memorable impressions.
    The first round of interviews was exactly what they'll tell you: behavioral part and case study part. I believe the second round of interviews was only a case study, but it was more challenging the second day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Riverside, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

My Deloitte interview situation was honestly mediocre in comparison to my Deloitte recruiting experience (which was very extensive and wonderful). I had three thirty-minute back-to-back interviews at my university campus; the first was a behavioral, and the second and third were both case studies. The behavioral interview was unusually brief, and the case interviews were much more technical than I was expecting after reading other interview reviews on here (and in my opinion, much too difficult for any college student to confidently and knowledgeably answer). The interviewers seemed cold and had little to no interest in the interview, and there were no female interviewers. I got no replies from the interviewers after sending followup emails. I personally found them rude and felt they had already pre-selected who they wanted to hire prior to even conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What got you interested in technology?
      - Tell me about a situation that tested your integrity.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied for the BTA externship program over the summer, got a phone interview consisted of behavioral questions, passed the first round and heard back in a few days for an on-site Case Study in Arlington, VA. The case study was fairly easy; it was to test your ability to work in a team, and convey your ideas to others. I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a strong stand on an issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

University recruiting. Submitted resume and transcript to university career website. Notified of interview within a few days. University events offered included mock interviews, resume review and meet and greet with employees. 30 min. behavioral interview and 30 min. case interview. Same day call informing me of rejection.

Advice for other people: they take their interviews seriously and so should you. I was not rehearsed, nor did I have answers to the behavioral questions beforehand as I didn't take it too seriously. Thinking of things to say during the interview isn't a good way to go about this process if you're interested in working for them. I think it would be difficult to just hop into this interview without preparation and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• (Behavioral) Tell me about a time where someone asked you for help with a difficult problem or project.   Answer Question
    • (Behavioral) Tell me about a difficult problem you had to solve and how you did it.   Answer Question
    • (Case) A federal disaster relief organization wants to make their disaster response times shorter and accuracy higher. They have existing data and wish to harness social media in order to reach their goal. How would you implement a solution to do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied, heard back within a week about an interview the next week. One hour in the 1st round (20 min behavioral with someone and 20 mins case interview with someone). If you did well you got a call around 6pm that night for a social that evening and a second round interview the next day. All the candidates who got the job found out that evening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through university portal, was called for first round of interview. The behavioral round was 30 mins. the questions asked were about general achievements failure. Why Deloitte? Why consulting and questions related to team projects and leadership. It went very well. I knew I had impressed the interviewer. After that was a 30 mins case round which was a bit hard as I had practiced ERP implementation and the case was related to Mobile app development. I performed average. I thought I did not make it to round 2 but got an email in the evening that I had been invited the next day. Next day (Friday) was a 45 minute intense case round. My interviewer gave me a feedback that I answered very well initially but drifted a bit in the middle but was back on track and gave good answers at the end. I knew that I had performed well and had given the right answers.
    The case was about a Retail industry having a crappy website and having reduced sales. So what would be my considerations . What would be my meeting with the Chief Marketing Officer be like? Agenda of the meeting and related questions. What strategy should be used to implement a mobile website or an app to increase the sales. Implementation considerations of the new website or a Sales module within the company (Big Bang/Phased??)

I thought the interview had gone well and I thought that I had made it through. But Deloitte sent the acceptances in the following week and some on the next Monday. Got a rejection mail.

I am really confused about what had gone wrong what was expected of me! Deloitte should at least send a feedback mail! Like the process but not the way they rate the interviewees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boulder, CO).

Interview

I applied through the campus career site. The first round was on campus and consisted of two 30 minute portions with different people: a case and a behavioral section. Behavioral section was heavily weighted towards work done in teams and challenges within teams, Etc. the case was fairly straightforward with no math required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a part of a team that struggled   Answer Question