Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was selected for a first round interview, which was one behavioral and one case study. I heard back later that night that I made it to the office visit and second round. The second round was one case interview. I thought there was a discrepancy between the two partners conducting the case studies; one partner appeared to align with a more behavioral approach while the other took a more technical approach and stuck to the structure of the case study. These discrepancies could potentially be a major factor in your outcome, depending on who you end up interviewing with. I had the more technical approach, and it did not help that my interviewer seemed disengaged and looked at his phone, which I thought was poor interviewing etiquette.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process took about 2 weeks. The first round interview is a 30-min behavioral and 30-min case interview. If you made it pass the first round they gave you a call that evening for the second round the next day. The second round is a 45-min case interview. It is more chatting with the interviewer and the case part (for me) was the last 20 mins or so. There was also a pre-interview reception the night before the first round. Found this to be very beneficial and it was great getting to meet some of the people I interviewed with the next day. All the consultants/managers and BTAs were very helpful, friendly and welcoming. I can be a shy person at times so I was reluctant to go at first, but definitely well worth going! I got a call exactly one week from the first round interview with an offer. They also offer you an interview buddy which I found to be EXTREMELY HELPFUL!! I would definitely recommended practicing and going over case interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the federal/government practice? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set since I was a campus hire. they do offer a signing bonus. Tips I would suggest is definitely practice and get as much advice/tips from your interview buddy. Also, be sure to know SDLC, the ERP strategies (big bang, phased, pilot) and just be yourself!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

University recruiting. Submitted resume and transcript to university career website. Notified of interview within a few days. University events offered included mock interviews, resume review and meet and greet with employees. 30 min. behavioral interview and 30 min. case interview. Same day call informing me of rejection.

Advice for other people: they take their interviews seriously and so should you. I was not rehearsed, nor did I have answers to the behavioral questions beforehand as I didn't take it too seriously. Thinking of things to say during the interview isn't a good way to go about this process if you're interested in working for them. I think it would be difficult to just hop into this interview without preparation and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• (Behavioral) Tell me about a time where someone asked you for help with a difficult problem or project.   Answer Question
    • (Behavioral) Tell me about a difficult problem you had to solve and how you did it.   Answer Question
    • (Case) A federal disaster relief organization wants to make their disaster response times shorter and accuracy higher. They have existing data and wish to harness social media in order to reach their goal. How would you implement a solution to do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Phila, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

A preliminary interview occurs with a hiring manager. In my case, this was the same employee who visited my university for Q&A sessions. If you are approved, you are then interviewed by a higher-level manager who sees you within one week of the first interview. If this is also successful, you are finally interviewed by upper-level management within your respective focus of the company.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process for resolving this particular client problem? (This may be a problem associated with rolling out a new CRM to clients.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. The first round consisted of two separate interviews - one behavioral, one case. The second round interview was an extended case and some light chit chat with a partner at the firm.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you exhibited leadership when things were not going as planned in a team setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through On Campus Recruiting at my school after having attended many of the information sessions that they offer. Speaking with new hires, managers, and partners was very easy and everyone is very friendly and eager to speak with you. The first interview was a mix case/behavioral interview which was pretty straightforward and casual. The night before the first interview as well, they had a coffee chat with recent hires to as any last minute questions you might have. You also have an interview buddy throughout the interview process. Second round interview was at the office and was a 1 hour case with a director. It was a SDLC case on data management and it was a little difficult but I kept asking the right questions and it seemed like a very friendly conversation. I got my offer 2 days after my interview by phone.

Interview Questions

• What testing timelines and milestones would you set for your client in this case?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I got selected for a first round interview through the career services office of my college. The first round consisted of two 30 minute interviews - Behavioral and Case. For the first one, be prepared for questions like - Why consulting? Why Deloitte? Demonstrate your leadership skills? Difficult projects etc. You are expected to answer these sort of questions immediately and without fumbling.

The case interview was one question on Financial Transformation.

Once selected you will be asked for another round of interviews at their office. This consisted of longer and tougher case interviews(2) .

Interview Questions

• A company has acquired many other companies resulting in multiple transaction and report generating systems and technologies within the main company resulting in a $10 million maintenance bill. As a consultant how would you integrate all the technologies and reduce the maintenance costs.   5 Answers

I got a job in my dream company and this was not it.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I started with an initial phone interview with HR to understand my background, current position, motivations and goals. This was a family standard 30 min process.
    Second interview was with a Manager, going over my resume in more details, asking me about specific accomplishments and testing my technical knowledge. This was also over the phone and lasted an hour.
    Then followed a group interview with about 10 other candidates, taking the full day and covering a number of different exercises including a written exercise, group discussions, and exercises.
    Finally, I was invited to meet a Partner for an hour. This was when the final details of the offer were put forward, so it seemed like it was simply a formality - an opportunity for me to meet them and a Partner to makes sure I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a personal project or situation that didn’t work out well?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I had 4 interviews total. First round was 1 case 1 fit interview. Pretty basic questions for fit while for case it was very dynamic. You'll get very clear feedback from your interviewer. Second round was more of fit. High-level employee will interview you and listen to what you have to say about your resume.

Interview Questions

• How should we restructure a telecommunications company with rising costs and falling customer service reviews?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Got the call through my University. The first round included a case interview and a behavioral interview. I did really bad at the case interview and almost knew I was out. The interviewer prompted me with answers. Both interviewers were really nice. Was told on the same evening that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• A telecom company enters the broadband market. It implements a CRM separate from but integrated with the current CRM. How would you go about designing the business process for a customer sales representative?   Answer Question
    • Why consulting? Why Deloitte?   Answer Question