Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First round: single phone interview where the caller basically ran through my resume. He was a very friendly, no-pressure sort of guy. I was really able to expand and sell myself in a positive way. I was also able to ask him questions. It took one week to hear the result though, and another two weeks to get to the next round.

Second round: two back-to-back, 30-minute, 1-on-1 "case" interviews with managers. The first interviewer was really cold, and seemed like he had better things to do. He even took a quick call while I was drawing things out. The second interviewer was a lot warmer, and I felt I had more of a dialogue with him. Both cases were based on the "Systems Development Life Cycle" (SDLC). If you're going for a BTA position, know it cold. The results from this round took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• A mobile phone company with coverage over three states wants to upgrade it's Customer Relationship Management system. How should it go about this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was an internship, so no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Grilled a lot on team work.

For case interview, just study the 2 cases on their website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ambiguous situation you were in.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a sensitive message to someone.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two rounds- First round consisted of one interview on Software Development Life Cycle and ERP and another behavioural interview. Each interview lasted around 30 minutes. If qualified in the first round, you would be caled for the second round the next day. I did not get through to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal and nothing was out of the blue. SDLC case study was simple and was similar to the examples on deloitte website. Typical questions you can expect are about the stages in the SDLC, types and where to apply them   Answer Question
    • Basic HR questions like where do you see yourself after 5 years, why deloitte, what would you do if you didn't fulfill a client's requirement completely , what is your weakness etc.   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting as a sophomore for the Tech Consulting DNLC in Deloitte University in Texas. Two rounds of interviews. First round was 30min behavioral and 30 min case with managers. Last round was an hour long case interview with Partner.

Interview Questions

• Basic rundown of SDLC combined with behaviorals i.e. If your engineer told you that the client had changed some business requirement non stated in the SOW, what would you do? How would you approach the client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Recruitment process took about 2 weeks. First round was 30 min behavioral and 30 minute case. I was invited back for second round interviews at their offices in Arlington, VA a week later. Second round was also 30 min behavioral and 30 minutes case.

Interview Questions

• Which methodology would you use to create and integrate the system ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I networked with people from the office, attended Deloitte events, attended info sessions. The interview was two rounds. The first round consisted of a 30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute Technology case. The second round consisted of a 15 minute behavioral interview with a Partner followed by a 45 minute Technology case with a Senior Manager. Surprisingly, none of the cases had any numbers in them. I found these cases easier than typical S&O cases.

To prepare practice the two cases on the website, read about SDLC, CRM and ERP systems. Be structured in your thought process and take a couple of seconds to think things through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try and negotiate since it was for an internship position

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty accelerated - it only took about 3 weeks. I had 2 phone interviews as well as an in-person case interview as well as behavioral interview at their office. Overall, the experience was pretty seamless and great - the people I talked to were so passionate about their job and seemed like they were excited to be bringing great people on the team. Very excited for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. They were pretty down to earth and weren't trying to trick you - just understand who you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship offer - no negotiation

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in January 2015.

Interview

Networked with recruiters that I had met at the career fair, and was asked to come in for an interview. 1st round was a 30 minute behavioral interview and a 30 minute case study. The behavioral interview was more like a conversation and very relaxed. The case study was with a partner and was about data management. The second round was a 45 minute case study. In this round, the interviews are much more detailed and much less friendly. The case itself was similar, but much more difficult. Most people didn't even make it through the entire case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult individual you have worked with and how you overcame this difficulty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first was a behavioral interview over the phone. This took about half an hour. The second was a meeting at the Deloitte office with two senior managers in a row. Mostly just different case interview scenarios, but also some questions about my background and resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... you had to overcome challenges/ had to work with someone you didn't get along with/ started a trend/ etc.   Answer Question
    • Case interview scenarios   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

very simple, on campus recruiting. Three interviews, first day is a case and behavioral. Case is not too hard. If you get a call back the next day is one longer case. Not too hard. The case is not very technical and you do not need a tech background to answer it correctly.