Deloitte Business Valuation Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Business Valuation Associate Interview Questions

2.6

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Exactly it's a winter intern and has opportunity to get a full time job there. I got a interview from the complex security group. The interview takes one hour,you will have interview with two managers, half an hour respectively. It's a video interview,using the software prepared by Deloitte,not Skype or someelse. But seems that there are some delay while talking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Business Valuation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. Before first round interview, I was asked to do an assessment test. First-round interviews were scheduled one week after I finished the test. The interviews were with two senior managers; one was technical, the other was mostly conversational. Each of them lasted for 30 minutes. The sr. managers were nice and informative. I enjoyed talking with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round consisted of two phone interviews with two directors from the office. One was very conversational and the other was typical Big 4 behavioral questions (teamwork experience, handling conflict, problem solving). I was invited to interview on-site. Interviewed with a senior director then with a senior associate. Both were very 30 minutes and conversational regarding my prior experience. Really nice facilities and accommodations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to weigh multiple options before coming to a decision?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you had to meet a tight deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school career center. i completed two rounds of OCR, then had 2 rounds on-site, following another phone interview with the partner. the process was very smooth. hr called to give the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Took two weeks. First round was with two business valuation employees, and it was mainly behavioral. There were a few technical questions. Know how to run through a discounted cash flow analysis, all financial statements, ratios, and have a current understanding of the markets. They explain the role to you in the interview. The second round was strange, only a few behavioral questions, then the manager asked me if I had any questions.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

On-campus recruiting at University of Pittsburgh. The process from start to finish took approximately 3 to 4 months. Interviews were with a Senior Manager and Managers. Questions were simple and open questions but it really depends on who is the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I first heard about the opening on my university's career website. After submitting my resume and cover letter, I was chosen to participate in an on campus interview with one director and one partner. This was your basic on campus interview (just some high level technicals and behavioral/fit questions). And then I was picked to come the the office downtown for an "office-visit" where I interviewed with about 5 other candidates. They provided us with breakfast and were very helpful in preparing us for the interview process that we were about to experience. Then we were each placed into a separate office where senior associates, directors and partners in BV came to each meet/interview us. Overall the office visit seemed very laid back and everyone was nice and interested to learn more about my qualifications and past experiences. Finally, after we finished the interviews in the office, they took us out for a very nice lunch at a restaurant nearby. All in all, it was a seamless and painless interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Firstly I contacted with a employee of valuation group, she referred me to my recruiter at deloitte. First phone interview with my recruiter about some general question.

Second round with a senior manager. I supposed to be asked some technical questions, but the senior manager may be busy that day that she just asked me some basic question like do you familiar with spreadsheet and simulation. Why do you like valuation?

Final round composed of three parts, with two directors and one principle. They are all nice and there are no very technical questions. If you have final round with some lower level, there will be more technical questions. They ask you to tell about yourself and walk through the resume.

Questions: Tell me about one difficult time and how you handle? Tell me one of complex project with valuation you did before. Why valuation. Your leadership skills? You need to tell some accountant the simulation in a easy way, for example they don't understand why we use risk-free rate other than equity rate, can you explain? Explain what you did in this internship.

I just finish my final round and hope this review can help you. Good luck.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

My school had On-Campus Recruiting so the firm showed up and we were able to interact with a ton of the employees ahead of the interview. As a result, the actual interview was not very high pressure. The firm was very well-organized and they made the process very seamless.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

After applying via campus career center, got an interview on campus, got invited to super day in the office, and got an offer right after. Interview questions were pretty easy, not too technical, mostly fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you have to consider if you were to launch an overseas expansions project in China?   Answer Question