Deloitte Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

240 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deloitte National Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, interviewed with two employees on campus, and interviewed via a video conferencing tool for my final round interview. I interviewed for DNLC under the Technology Risk practice.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in tech risk?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you had to face failure?   1 Answer

Transfer Price Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

the process is smooth by the phone but I don't know why I fail, but the recuiter is very nice and questions are kind of easy. this is my first interview so...

Interview Questions

• why this position?
      go through the resume   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

the interview process was two phone screening with a HR manager and then a first round with the practitioner. Last round of process contains a interview with partners and experts in the area of technology

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews – (1) Phone screen with HR, mainly to make sure you understand the job description, have reasonable expectations for compensation and level, are comfortable with 80% travel, and seem competent. (2) Technical screen with a consulting practitioner, by phone, behavioral type questions (I.e., “tell me about a time you led a team.”) mixed with a resume walkthrough. (3) In-person interview day that consisted of three 45-minute interviews with consulting practitioners. One interview was a case, and the others were resume walkthrough/behavioral interviews similar to the second round.

I interviewed for their human capital practice and my cases were human capital related. The first was reviewing a slide deck written by a team member and providing constructive feedback on how to improve it. The second was solutioning for a client where the key stakeholders disagreed about major changes to the org structure. For the case, he shared the handout with me and allocated about ten minutes for me to prepare. I took notes/drawings which, not only jogged my memory when I was stating my solution and rationale, but also kept me organized and ensured I didn’t miss anything. I made sure the interviewer could see the paper too.

To prepare, I did three things. First, I reviewed my resume and took notes on each of my accomplishments/challenges from prior projects – the project where I led a sizeable team, the project where I worked with c-suite executives, the project where I sold substantial additional work, etc. so that I had good examples for behavioral questions. I prepared my two minute “elevator speech” for when an interviewer asks, “tell me about yourself.”

Second, I researched Deloitte extensively and wrote out educated questions (i.e., “I understand you send your new hires to Deloitte University. I am very excited about that! Do people attend annually? What is the process to get continuing education?”) This question instantly communicates to the interviewer that (a) I know a little about Deloitte, such as DU, (b) I am enthusiastic and curious, and (c) I have a question that can kickstart a conversation. I asked the same questions to each interviewer to see if the answers varied. I also aimed to ask personal/opinion questions, like why the interviewer came to Deloitte, chose the alignment they did, etc. or what they were currently working on.

Third, because I was given the interviewers’ names in advance, I could check them out on linkedin. Interestingly, I had commonality with almost all of them – same university, same major, experienced hire situation, grew up near my hometown, etc. This one is a bit controversial because of course you don’t want to cyberstalk somebody, but I did find it helpful in being able to establish some personal repoire; if nothing else, it made me less nervous going into the session, as I could put a face with a name.

Tips:
    Bring pencil/paper for the case interview.
    Bring paper copies of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn’t like.
      What is your best advice for junior team members?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was overall a good and well-structured experience. I applied through my college, and was invited for first rounds which consisted of a 30 min behavioral and a 30 min case interview. I had a "buddy" from Deloitte who gave me a practice case interview a few nights before. My behavioral interview was a bit intimidating (interviewer was a partner) and I was asked question after question. I believe I did well on my behavioral interview because I remained calm, and showed how interested I am in Deloitte and the value that I can bring to the firm. Immediately I had my case interview - it was a case about entering a market with some calculations and charts. There was time at the end to ask questions. I received a call that night for second round interviews the next day.

Second round interviews consisted of an hour long case with two interviewers. The case was much harder than I anticipated, and I did not finish the case. The case was reducing costs for a chain by moving to other markets. I had 10 minutes left to ask questions, and I left the room unsure of my performance. However, I received a call the next week with an offer! I believe that I did well because I remained composed throughout the interviews, and when I struggled with a calculation, I kept trying and demonstrated commitment and passion. Ultimately, the firm is looking for someone who can think critically, but also has the motivation and determination to succeed. I also networked heavily with people at the office, and I truly believe that networking helped me throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?
      Tell me about a time you worked in a team.   1 Answer

Life Science Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick turnaround. 1 week from application deadline to follow up video questionnaire. 1 week from then to 1st round. Notified of second round after 1 week. Notified of offer 2 weeks after second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe leadership role and details of group management.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you worked with someone difficult.   1 Answer
    • Describe your ideal job.   1 Answer
    • Case interview stressed digitization, evaluation by metrics, and identifying key players.   1 Answer
    • What kind of project would you have a difficult time working on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was non-negotiable.

Human Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Coffee chat, practice case study workshop invite at office, first round on campus , second round at office. Networking is key but very approachable and want to help you. Overall great experience

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was split into two rounds. The first round was one 30 minute behavioral and one 30 minute case interview. The case was more of a question and answer dialogue. I read the case and then the interviewer asked me questions regarding the process of the implementation of the system in the case. Very straightforward, know SDLC. The 2nd round consisted of another case interview where I was put in a room and told to watch a video, which was another case, and told to map out a solution. I then presented the solution in detail to the interviewer 20 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were given ambiguous instructions.   Answer Question

DNLC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took several weeks and had different phases including coffee chats, networking, interview and superday. The interview was half behavioral and half case, but didn't make it to the superday.

Interview Questions

• If you could start a business, what would it be and how?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus back to back interview. It was all behavior questions, nothing really special. I received an e-mail the second day to inform me if I made to the second round or not.