Deloitte Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.1

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds
    1. Round 1 - Hr interview to gather information on candidate
    2. Round 2 - Technical interview with the person who worked on the same position
    3. Round 3 - In person interview with a Manager, Sr. Manager, and a Partner

Round 1 was a easy interview with questions relating to experience
    Round 2 was intensive interview with specific questions on tools used and understanding of overall architecture
    Round 3 was an in-person interview at Chicago with three different people focusing on tools, case study and behavioral situations

Interview Questions

• 1. Technology related questions, behaviourial question on how to manage technology
      2. Ability to configure different tools
      Answer Question

Technology Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus web portal, and was contacted within a week to have an on-campus interview. They had a social event the night before the interview where you are expected to network with the Deloitte professionals. The next day you have 2 separate interviews, 30 minutes each. 2 weeks later I was called by the recruiter from Chicago (that's where I applied to). Was flown out to Chicago a week and a half later. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before and you got to network with professionals again; it was very fun. The next morning you meet at the office and grab some breakfast. Then you have 2 more back to back interviews; mine was with a principal and a director. You come back and the recruiter gives a presentation regarding Deloitte Chicago. Then two consultants take you to a very nice lunch. Was called a week and a half later to take a psychometric test. 3 days later I got the offer. Great process!

Interview Questions

• All situational, behavioral, and conversational questions   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First, I participated at an off-campus job fair consisting of a 30-minute interview. Then was invited to a networking dinner and office visit at the Chicago location. The office visit consisted of a tour, presentations on Deloitte, two 30-minute interviews and lunch with a Senior Accountant. The interviews mostly involved situational based questions and a brief overview of your background. The presentations and the tours were informative and helpful in making my decision.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me a time where you were uncertain of what to do and by taking your time or asking another person you came to a decision.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

1- Filled the application forms online (from the company website). Standard data entry like work experience, academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, etc. + 1 covering letter.

2- (3 weeks later) Invitation for a telephone interviews: first one was a business case (easy and straight-forward) & second one was a personal interview (each interview was about 1 hour).

3- (2 weeks later) I was admitted to the final round, the business case interview

4- (3 weeks later) I did the business case interview over Lynda not face-to-face because I was living in the GCC. Interview was about 50 minutes and 20 of them were squandered while trying to overcome internet connection problems (which got me mad to my stomach).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interviews: To the point and the interviewer was frank.

Tell me about yourself? I was working at a strategy consulting back then so was involved in many aspects of consulting from contract negotiations, business model developing, financial modelling, tender bidding, report drafting etc.

A. What impact did you have on [project A] (from the CV)?

B. A time where I faced a challenge and how I overcame it?

C. Any areas where I'd like to improve to advance further in your career?

Skype interview: A nightmare. I had to install some software called "Lynda" to conduct the video conference and gain access to the material of the case (tables, graphs etc.). The interview was a Profit-type case (P = R - C) for a telecommunications company suffering from flat sales despite investing in marketing campaigns. It turned out the problem was competitors and their prices in certain regions of the market. The problem was I couldn't hear a word they were saying (it was choppy and visuals were terrible) + I couldn't see the pdf they were trying to share with me so we had to zoom all the way in so I could copy each table-row individually onto my notepad to get the data (thus losing over 15 minutes to simply note down the raw data before even analyzing it). wasting all that time made it impossible to finish the case and the interviewers were as fed-up as me by the end of the session.
      1 Answer

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a first round campus interview which consisted of two half-hour interviews. Attended a pre-night dinner the night before the interview which I highly recommend attending as it allows you to get to know your interviewers better for the next day. Then flew me out for an office visit and had another pre-night dinner as well which I believe also benefited me. The office visit consisted of four half-hour interviews all with managers and they asked basic questions about your resume and also what you like to do in your free time. Be sure to know the field you are going into. The interviews were pretty laid back for the most part and the managers just wanted to get to know you better and see if your personality and background are a good fit for the job. For one of my interviews, I asked the questions about 90% of the time. Overall a positive experience with Deloitte.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. Even though some of the people I met were very professional and courteous, the interviewer itself wasn't friendly at all. She had a stoic face and throughout the interview it felt like she did not want to be interviewing at all. Very sarcastic in answering my questions.

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Application

Interview

It was a pretty conversational interview process for both behavior and case. You will assign a Deloitte buddy who will answer some of your questions before the interview. I really like it. The interviewers were very nice in sharing their experiences and guided me through.

Tax Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I've participated in the University career fair to initially meet the representative from the firm. I've talked to the Director in Tax practice and received the interview in the following week. Application was submitted to both University Career website and Firm's website. First Interview was a Back-to-Back Interview held on campus with a Partner and a Director. Interview was overall very conversational, but I did receive about 3 behavioral questions. The behavioral questions were compounded with two or more questions that could usually be seen in a typical interviews. "Tell me about a time when you inspired your team mates or friends to get something done, what method did you use and how was the result at the end?"

The interview was on Friday, and I heard back from the recruiter on the following Monday for an office visit. The office visit was on the same week Thursday and Friday. Booked a hotel for a night, all provided by the firm, and went to a Pre-dinner. Pre-dinner was very casual setting with associates and other candidates plus recruiters. Evaluation seemed to be still going on. The next day, second interview was held in the office with two Directors in Tax, and the interview overall was very conversational. They seemed like they want to see your personality via how you answer questions or ask questions to them as well as the enthusiasm towards the firm and the industry. Lunch with staff, associates, and other candidates was followed right after the second interview. After about a week, I received the offer.

Overall, interview process was very enjoyable and informative. Very smooth, fast, and all the associates and talent group team were nice and friendly. It was a great experience and I would like to say Deloitte really tries hard to make everything mutually beneficial. They provide opportunities for them to get to know you and they want you to get to know them as well through all the interview process and interaction with their people.

Hope it helps, and good luck to you all.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you inspired your team mates or friends to get something done, what method did you use and how as the result at the end?"   Answer Question

Technology Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First I did the campus recruiting and did blitz interview which is 1st and 2nd round in 2 days and get the decision that day. 4 interviews in 2 days. Got an offer on the day of 2nd round interview viz call.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
      Tell me about yourself
      How did you deal with conflict with teammate?
      Answer Question

Business Analyst - Human Capital AAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Evanston, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was on-campus recruiting. 30-min behavioral interview with one interviewee, then 30-min case interview with another one.
    Behavioral one was not difficult. First ran through the resume, then some common questions like "How did you team with others?"
    Questions in case interview were tailored to the AAM (Advanced Analytics & Modeling) position. Asked some practical questions regarding how to build linear regression models in a certain scenario.