Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

678 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a pre-talk with the recruiters. Then I had two phone interviews with managers and two back-to-back onsite interviews with directors. One of the directors was really not professional. He spent the first 10 minutes talking about my visa issue (H1B, OPT etc.) He was really surprised when he heard that I can work. When I showed him my portfolio, he laughed and asked if you Chinese really like gathering together because my teammates in one of the projects were all Asian. I told him that the programming course was very demanding and only 10 students chose that. Then he asked me how I can approve that I get involved in American life. These two questions made me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why you Chinese all like gathering together?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 interviews:
    1st - phone screening - behavioral and background
    2nd - phone interview - two interviewees (behavioral, past projects, some technical and more background questions)
    3rd - in person - Senior Manager and Manager (No case interview)
    .....................
    ....................
    ..................
    .................
    ................

Interview Questions

• explain what user acceptance testing is, explain the entire software development lifecycle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted within two weeks after applying through a resume drop. I went on-site for a Thursday night dinner with 5 Deloitte employees, followed by a Friday morning interview. The first round was a 30-minute behavioral and 30-minute case. I made it to the second round, which was simply an hour-long case. I was offered a position the following Monday.

Everyone was a ton of fun to get to know/speak with, along with being very open to answer my many questions about the organization and position. The interview questions were very conversational; the first case question was math-heavy, while the second was strategy-focused. I highly recommend interviewing with Deloitte, if you have the opportunity.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Had one phone screen followed by in person interview at Rosslyn location with 3 employees. Very effective process although the last interviewer was delayed but no one alerted me so was unsure if it was being cancelled or not. Still went well and she was insightful although a bit hurried to finish within 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Overall the campus hire interviews really focus on soft skills. There will be technical questions down the line and a simulation type exercise but I would not overthink it because they really focus on problem solving as opposed to current knowledge bank.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

First had a normal chat with HR ,than 1 hour long technical interview over phone. Technical was also easy ,more over conversation style. than they call for three round at office . 1. Techical and 2 Behavior

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Haphazard process; lost trust in robustness of hiring. Questions were all behavioural. People looked tired / stressed. A manager actually spent 15 minutes talking non-stop about what the service does, and in the end, I still didn't understand.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay in [city of office]?   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Interview

The hiring process started with 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and one phone interview with a manager. A few weeks after followed up with three more onsite interviews during one day.

Interview Questions

• Difference between relational databases and MapReduce.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through university careers site and on their website. Received invitation to interview on site about 3 weeks later. Had 3 interviewers for 1 hour. Received template rejection email about 1 week after the interview.