Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.2

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were very professional in approach. The process was rigorous. An initial interview followed by two more The third interview was on site and included written and oral tests with case studies

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview, questions were very easy. Deloitte comes with a lot of perks, and the employees seem genuinely happy. However, very poor interview follow-up. They're usually busy so I think that's why.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

very formal and structure; very professional.. the HR group was very prepared and they were in top of the process. There are 3 components to the interview: knowledge, technical and management

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First was telephonic interview pure technical. Interview happened on Friday and got the response for next steps on Tuesday. I was called for next round of interview in San Francisco. There three rounds happened. 2 managerial/case studies kinda and 1 technical. They were quite easy if you have worked on your technology nicely. The whole process was very fast except for the offer and joining date. From the first call from HR and all four interviews everything happened in a week. But they informed me that i got selected after 1 week of the last interview and that too after followup. Offer letter also came after 10 days of my last interview and joining given was after 20 days. My interview went good and i was expecting Senior Consultant Role, but they gave Consultant about which i was very shocked and disappointed as i had already offer with Senior consultant role. But as company is good and also compensation and location provided suited me i decided to join Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• What are challenges you faced in your project and how did you overcome.   Answer Question
    • About work i have done from beginning and what roles i played   Answer Question
    • Any project i have handled of my own fully and such type questions   Answer Question
    • In technical i was given laptop and asked to do basic things..and questions asked were also basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds spread over 2 days (over 2 weeks). It was a mix of behavioral and case interviews. The interviewers were trying to gauge your fit to consulting as well as domain knowledge

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation you had to convince your colleagues of an alternate approach   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Placement Process : Initial profile based shortlist, Group Case Study followed by personal interview.
    Personal interview was focused on process based questions, scenario based questions and also personal traits.

Interview Questions

• Present the case study and making sure the whole group succeds   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and then had two subsequent interviews. Each interview was about 30-60 minutes. All interviews tested both behavior and skills required for the position. I would come fully prepared in both areas and well as with questions prepared for each interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

1. I was referred by a friend
    2. My Resume matched the requirement and got a call from an HR General questions
    3. I had a technical interview with a PM not tooo technical but mostly things on my Resume and basic questions.
    4. I cleared that interview and then had a office visit where i was interviewed with 2 Sr. Managers and a Partner
    a. Behavioural - with the partner
    b. Case Study - Sr. Manager (for some this can be deciding factor, just be confident and think before you answer)
    c. Technical/Behavioural
    Confidence is the key HONESTLY, prepare your resume well, the interviews are not really very technical but they really want to see how you approach things and how well you handle pressure and stress.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioural and Technical questions they will never ask you behavioural question directly but you should be able to understand and read between the lines what they really are asking.
      Be Elaborate enough and ask questions regarding your job and Deloitte
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a online interview and I was not selected to move forward as I had graduated just 2 years back from university. EVEN thought I had 7 year business experience, it did not matter for them.