Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.2

629 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Overall the campus hire interviews really focus on soft skills. There will be technical questions down the line and a simulation type exercise but I would not overthink it because they really focus on problem solving as opposed to current knowledge bank.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Haphazard process; lost trust in robustness of hiring. Questions were all behavioural. People looked tired / stressed. A manager actually spent 15 minutes talking non-stop about what the service does, and in the end, I still didn't understand.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay in [city of office]?   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Interview

The hiring process started with 2 phone interviews with a recruiter and one phone interview with a manager. A few weeks after followed up with three more onsite interviews during one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through university careers site and on their website. Received invitation to interview on site about 3 weeks later. Had 3 interviewers for 1 hour. Received template rejection email about 1 week after the interview.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview for the first round, then invite you to their office in Rosslyn for round two. That one is an all day interview with 3 people back to back, along with other candidates. Didn't pass that round.

Interview Questions

• Question about estimation, and how to approach estimation   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied through an internal referral. There was an HR round followed by interviews by partners. This included both case and fit questions. Mid to high level of difficulty. The process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Determining NPVs and IRRs in a financial model   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

very formal and structure; very professional.. the HR group was very prepared and they were in top of the process. There are 3 components to the interview: knowledge, technical and management

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were very professional in approach. The process was rigorous. An initial interview followed by two more The third interview was on site and included written and oral tests with case studies

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview, questions were very easy. Deloitte comes with a lot of perks, and the employees seem genuinely happy. However, very poor interview follow-up. They're usually busy so I think that's why.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer