Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

3.2

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online (I currently work in this field for a competitor) for a consultant position within the Human Capital Practice: Organization, Transformation & Talent Group. Within a week a I heard from a recruiter, who setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about my background, current employer, and reasons for applying to Deloitte. Lasted 30 mins, was pretty straight forward. Just be confident in your answers.

A day later I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with a Sr. Manager from the office I indicated I wanted to work from. I really appreciated that Deloitte made the effort to get someone from this office, as it is not in one of their major cities

Technical Phone Interview: Asked me about my experiences within change management consulting. He would ask me to explain things in more detail, and drill down into my examples. Advice is to again be confident, have lots of examples of the work you have done on hand, and be able to frame your examples (size of team/project, budget, what you did, results, etc).

A few days later I was invited to in-person interviews. Deloitte flew me out on a Thursday night, and back Friday afternoon. The format was 1 case and 2 behavioral. To prep, I walked through Deloitte's case prep online, made sure I had solid experiences to share for about 5 different types of questions, and had a good "story" to tell about why Deloitte and why I wanted to switch.

Case: Very straightforward. I was given the paper with the case on it. Focus was on an ERP implementation. I took my time to organize an initial response and explained how I setup/grouped the info (Strategy, opportunities, challenges). The interviewer walked me through the case, asking questions and followup questions. Key advice is to link everything back to the strategy, bring in ideas not in the case, and be able to come up with how "your" services will add value (+profit or -cost) to the company.

Behavioral: 2 separate interviews. Very similar. Be able to have solid examples that show a variety of experiences. Be personable, that is what consulting is about. Be able to show results and value from your past experiences.

Afterwards I followed up with emails. Heard back the following Tuesday via a phone call. Took about 2 weeks to work out the offer before I accepted. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and professional. Very impressed overall.

Negotiation

I countered the salary (which was already at the top of the Glassdoor range) and they met me in the middle. Always negotiate. One email that took 10 mins to craft pocketed me a decent sum. Also, don't sound too eager when you are offered, and take your time before writing the counter offer.

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Thank you so much for offering such a helpful and detailed review!

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Placement Process : Initial profile based shortlist, Group Case Study followed by personal interview.
    Personal interview was focused on process based questions, scenario based questions and also personal traits.

Interview Questions

• Present the case study and making sure the whole group succeds   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and then had two subsequent interviews. Each interview was about 30-60 minutes. All interviews tested both behavior and skills required for the position. I would come fully prepared in both areas and well as with questions prepared for each interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

1. I was referred by a friend
    2. My Resume matched the requirement and got a call from an HR General questions
    3. I had a technical interview with a PM not tooo technical but mostly things on my Resume and basic questions.
    4. I cleared that interview and then had a office visit where i was interviewed with 2 Sr. Managers and a Partner
    a. Behavioural - with the partner
    b. Case Study - Sr. Manager (for some this can be deciding factor, just be confident and think before you answer)
    c. Technical/Behavioural
    Confidence is the key HONESTLY, prepare your resume well, the interviews are not really very technical but they really want to see how you approach things and how well you handle pressure and stress.

Interview Questions

• basic behavioural and Technical questions they will never ask you behavioural question directly but you should be able to understand and read between the lines what they really are asking.
      Be Elaborate enough and ask questions regarding your job and Deloitte
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a online interview and I was not selected to move forward as I had graduated just 2 years back from university. EVEN thought I had 7 year business experience, it did not matter for them.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied overseas to Beijing office. The first round phone interview is just 15 mins, doing some very casual behavior talking both in English and Mandarin. Second interview is through Skype, straight up with two cases, no PEI/FIT questions. To my surprise, the questions are in McKinsey style. Two cases in this round, one in English and another in Mandarin.

Interview Questions

• One case is about market entry, a small chain pizza shop wanted to get in London market; also asked about Pizza Hut's response.
      The other case is Parm. company's decision about outsourcing/sell one of its sub-company.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter reaching out, then a phone interview a week later. Then flown out to Boston for on site which consisted of a Q&A, a panel, a tour, and two behavioral interviews with a manager and a partner. Heard back about a week later about an offer.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have with data?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was for an on campus position that involves technology application. It was a behavioral & case study interview for half an hour each (there were two interviewers and interviewees at the same time, and I did the case interview first which was unexpected).

Interview Questions

• work integrity, recommend a software that you like...
      It was quite technology focused position, so I assume the interviewer wanted to know more about the fit
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Received an email within a week that I had been selected for an interview. Participated in an informational conference call. Had two back-to-back virtual interviews with managers. Received an email two weeks later stating that I had not been selected for the final round of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

All three of my interviews were over the phone because I was unable to fly into town. The first is with a recruiter to make sure there are no red flags and to place you on an appropriate track. Second was with a senior manager and this interview was basically asking questions about my background and behavioral type questions. The last interview was with another senior manager and was a case study interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like your resume to look like in the next five years?   Answer Question