Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

3.1

635 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Interview

was first called for technical inetrview follwed by telephonice, then was asked to appear for a english test, then interview with director and then lastly hr round which took a very long time to ge over, post which they mailed selected but offer came after 1month and like wise d o j, there was delay

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed with Deloitte yesterday and guys i must tell you how the things happened. First of all there is no jd provided for the role.. I received 3-4 mails from hr for the job in Deloitte but no one provided the jd..then in the first round itself the interviewer was expecting you to know the stuffs that they are doing and he was least concerned abt what all you know and how things are happening..he was not at all interested in knowing about your current project that you are working upon..he expected you to write a SQL query and convert it into a map reduce code..and in the starting itself the person has mentioned that you haven't worked upon mapreduce..then interviewer blindly said on the face that the technologies that you are using are outdated and told I am done !!

I have heard a lot about Deliotte that they have the best recruitment process but I was shocked the way interview happened..first of all no jd was provided and then they expect you to know something different and when you are not able to meet up to there expectations then they blindly say on ur face that the technologies are outdated. I don't know but I really had a negative experience with Deloitte !!

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL query and convert this into a spark code or a map reduce code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two consecutive days of interviews, which included two behavioral interviews and two case interviews. Then we had a day of a team case competition, which was part of the interview process. We also had some time to network with current employees to ask questions about the culture of the firm. Lastly, we were taken out to a very nice dinner in groups of about 7-8 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style and how you work with teams to include examples of a time that you led a team and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2012.

Interview

8!inyrrviews. Have to submit a formal letter, then uni transcripts, an essay style paper on your suitability and desire for the role. You are then called in for an initial face to face meeting with a manager and a nor senior member of staff. If this goes well you are asked to sit a very challenging psych test and problem solving test. Depending on what service line you are applying to this could range from maths style questions to business style questions. If this hoes well you are called back to meet with a partner and if this goes well you are offered a job with the firm

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a consultant? How many vans are there in newnyork city?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Boston, MA).

Interview

It's been a really long since I interviewed with them and the process must have changed over the years. Round 1 and 2 were telephonic and mostly focused on your communication style and technical expertise or functional knowledge. Next they invite you onsite where you have a another 2 - 3 rounds of interviews depending on the position you apply for,

Negotiation

Good

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Deloitte's website. A few weeks later got an email from a third party recruiter to book a phone interview. Couple of days after the phone interview got an email to book first in person interview. 2 interviews back to back. Both with managers. 1 case 1 fit. That went really well. Couple of days later got a call that they want to bring me back for second round with 2 Senior Managers. That interview was brutal. First he sat there for 5 minutes in total silence just reading over my resume. And critiqued my resume. Just grilled me with extreme minute details about my experiences. Complete opposite of the first round.

Interview Questions

• Why did you put your MBA gpa and not your undergrad gpa on your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I was found via LinkedIn. 1st interview was with Recruiter over phone. Phone interview with Senior Manager. Flew to Chicago for 3 interviews in one afternoon. Beginning to end the entire process was only two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted first offer.

Consultant Interview

Interview

They do not even have a mobile optimized apply process so the candidate experience is frustrating from the start. For a global consulting firm this is concerning especially if they are looking to hire both fresh new talent or seasoned talent like myself who knows the gaps in this process cause loss of interest of top Talent. Desperate vs Determined.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very fast setting up interview. 1st round phone interview with manager, and was invited for on-site within three days. I interviewed with four people, two managers, one director and one partner. The first three people are really nice and make u feel very comfortable. But I have to say the interview with partner was like a nightmare. He kept throw tech questions to me and i really felt i did most of them wrong. Then he become very rude even cut my last answer and said he has to made a phone call and sounds like he wants me to leave.

I was so depressed cuz i did pretty well in the first three interviews. I have to admit deloitte people are smart and hard-working. But seriously, you dont need to treat a potential employee like that.

Anyway, dont have too much hope for the offer, but still wish some magic happens.---------> magic happens, I got the job

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

2 rounds
    1st round - Behavioral and case
    2nd round - Behavioral, individual case and group case

Interview Questions

• Tell me an ambiguous situation you have faced in work life?   Answer Question