Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.1

673 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was professional and cordial at the same.
The first round consisted of a group discussion(inherently a case study) followed by Personal Interview which tested Soft and Technical skills

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Pune (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process:
    First technical
    Second technical
    Manager
    Versant test

I went there(Hyatt Hotel, Pune) on time and got a call for the first round after half an hour.
    Interviewer was showing like he is least interested to take any questions but as he was sitting there he has to ask something to show that he is doing his job.
    He started with the questions like
    A) Whats the last defect you have solved (I answered daily),
    B) What is inheritance(easy and expalined with real life example),
    C) Difference between hashmap and arraylist(explained),
    D) Have you worked on any project from scratch(said no bcz never got a chance to but looking for the same),
    E) Difference between View and Tabel(explained),
    F) What is the critical issue you have worked on and how did you help team members(explained),

I think my answers for either roof or for the floor bcz he was neither understanding it nor listening it with zero reaponse.
    So at last got rejected without knowing the reason. I tried from my end to check with HR but I think even she was there for fun or came forcefully.
    Its a request Deloitte to not ruin the brand name with such a poor people who are sitting there with no reason and spoiling others dream and career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was two, 30 minute one-on-one interviews separated by a 5 minutes break that were solely based on evaluating your personality and character.

They asked very basic questions like what you were looking to get out of the job, why you chose Deloitte, and where you see yourself in 5 years from now. Be prepared to explain your resume and the relevant experience.

The problem with the interview was that the first person wasn't even part of the Deloitte that was interviewing for. Additionally, the first interviewer checked his watch no less than 5 times, indicated he was clearly bored and not interested in the interview.

The second large problem was that the first person said I was interviewing for a completely different position than the second person said I was interviewing for.

Even if I would have advanced and been offered a position, I wouldn't have accepted. If a company can't even get their employees on the same page for the interview process, no thanks for employment.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Mumbai (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was really bad interview experience because when you clear 3 rounds ie 2 technical and versant round and then you get rejected after Manager round then it really feels bad. And the worst part is you don't get to know why exactly Manager rejected you because interview goes well with manager and apart from asking strength and weekends he does not ask anything technical and still you get rejected .

Deloitte really needs to hire good managers. And give some value to candidates time. The whole day gets wasted when you get rejection after manager round. You guys really need to hire good managers.

Interview Questions

• Overriding, JUnit , strings, Serialisation and deserializarion, and few programs were asked where I need to write logic   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bhubaneswar (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had applied for USI consultancy. Mostly HR questions were asked including pressure questions and real world scenarios. Keep your mind open and answer tactfully. Remember with your knowledge your soft skills and personality evaluation is also done. Be confident and give your best.

Interview Questions

• How would you propose your idea, knowing it's better than the rest, if your group leader is not at all listening to you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a role within the Technology practice, as an experienced hire coming from an insurance background.

3 main parts to the process:

HR phone Interview - After submitting my application online, I got an email from the recruiter within a couple of days to arrange a call to discuss my application. Some of the questions included why Deloitte, why consulting, what can you bring, why technology and a couple of technical questions around trends in the industry and where I think it is heading.

Towards the end of the call, I was told that I was successful in this stage and that I will have an interview with a senior manager in one of their offices. A couple days later I got booked in for an interview with a senior manager within the team.

2nd Interview: This interview was quite structured but at the same time a good chat. Some of the questions were similar to the ones mentioned above but there were some more technical ones about projects I had been a part of and managed, what I learnt from it etc. There was also a key focus on trends and where I saw the industry going with Insurance, Robotics and AI. There were also a few questions about what I can bring and related experiences broadly speaking. Felt like it was a good interview and the senior manager asked about my availability for the next interview stage.

3rd interview: This was with the top dog, the partner of the practice I applied for. It was booked in for an hour and a half. The main thing he wanted to gauge was more personal traits and my character as the other parts were arguably assessed previously. There were questions around past projects, why Deloitte, why technology. He was also really honest and talked around the working hours, been away from family/commitments and made sure I understood what I was getting my self into. Overall though it was a good chat again and we ended up talking for about two hours.

Towards the end of the interview he asked what I thought about Deloitte and whether I would take up and offer if I got one. After me trying to beat around the bush, I said I would and he then mentioned that I will be offered a role, which as you can imagine I was delighted about.

2 days after the interview the recruiter called me and gave me a verbal offer. However, I had to wait for about 5 months from the verbal offer until the paperwork came through mainly due to budget discussions. It did feel like a very long time waiting but luckily it came through in time and we were back on track.

Anonymous Employee in Trinidad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Trinidad, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. The first interview was with Human Resources that involved Basic questions about education, background, career goals both short term and long term. The second interview was with a senior partner and the questions were similar, just a matter of getting to know me as an individual.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

3 interviews:
    1st - phone screening - behavioral and background
    2nd - phone interview - two interviewees (behavioral, past projects, some technical and more background questions)
    3rd - in person - Senior Manager and Manager (No case interview)
    .....................
    ....................
    ..................
    .................
    ................

Interview Questions

• explain what user acceptance testing is, explain the entire software development lifecycle   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

this is three rounds, tech , manager and sr manager. One has to be very through with technical rounds.real time project questions are the most difficult technical questions. real time project experience is added advantage

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join deloitte, one should be able to answer real time questions .real time project questions are the most difficult technical questions. real time project experience is added advantage   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

First had a normal chat with HR ,than 1 hour long technical interview over phone. Technical was also easy ,more over conversation style. than they call for three round at office . 1. Techical and 2 Behavior