Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.1

692 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview for the first round, then invite you to their office in Rosslyn for round two. That one is an all day interview with 3 people back to back, along with other candidates. Didn't pass that round.

Interview Questions

• Question about estimation, and how to approach estimation   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was two, 30 minute one-on-one interviews separated by a 5 minutes break that were solely based on evaluating your personality and character.

They asked very basic questions like what you were looking to get out of the job, why you chose Deloitte, and where you see yourself in 5 years from now. Be prepared to explain your resume and the relevant experience.

The problem with the interview was that the first person wasn't even part of the Deloitte that was interviewing for. Additionally, the first interviewer checked his watch no less than 5 times, indicated he was clearly bored and not interested in the interview.

The second large problem was that the first person said I was interviewing for a completely different position than the second person said I was interviewing for.

Even if I would have advanced and been offered a position, I wouldn't have accepted. If a company can't even get their employees on the same page for the interview process, no thanks for employment.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied through an internal referral. There was an HR round followed by interviews by partners. This included both case and fit questions. Mid to high level of difficulty. The process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Determining NPVs and IRRs in a financial model   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY).

Interview

very formal and structure; very professional.. the HR group was very prepared and they were in top of the process. There are 3 components to the interview: knowledge, technical and management

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

They were very professional in approach. The process was rigorous. An initial interview followed by two more The third interview was on site and included written and oral tests with case studies

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview, questions were very easy. Deloitte comes with a lot of perks, and the employees seem genuinely happy. However, very poor interview follow-up. They're usually busy so I think that's why.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with a recruiter, one with a manager, and a final interview with three different consultants, one of which was a case. Case interview was difficult and included a review of a powerpoint presentation.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First was telephonic interview pure technical. Interview happened on Friday and got the response for next steps on Tuesday. I was called for next round of interview in San Francisco. There three rounds happened. 2 managerial/case studies kinda and 1 technical. They were quite easy if you have worked on your technology nicely. The whole process was very fast except for the offer and joining date. From the first call from HR and all four interviews everything happened in a week. But they informed me that i got selected after 1 week of the last interview and that too after followup. Offer letter also came after 10 days of my last interview and joining given was after 20 days. My interview went good and i was expecting Senior Consultant Role, but they gave Consultant about which i was very shocked and disappointed as i had already offer with Senior consultant role. But as company is good and also compensation and location provided suited me i decided to join Deloitte.

Interview Questions

• What are challenges you faced in your project and how did you overcome.   1 Answer
    • About work i have done from beginning and what roles i played   1 Answer
    • Any project i have handled of my own fully and such type questions   1 Answer
    • In technical i was given laptop and asked to do basic things..and questions asked were also basics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds spread over 2 days (over 2 weeks). It was a mix of behavioral and case interviews. The interviewers were trying to gauge your fit to consulting as well as domain knowledge

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation you had to convince your colleagues of an alternate approach   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly, mostly behavioral, one small case study, but not a very stressful interview. All interviewers were friendly and intelligent. The first round was a phone interview and then 4 interviews with managers afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your professional life where you failed and how did you learn from this experience   1 Answer