Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Consultant Interview

Interview

2 round interview, 1 hour per round. Good and easy interview. I finished the interview in Jersey office. The interview is technology based interview, no coding questions. Arrived hotel 1 day before interview, and the hotel is closed to the office.

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

Ensure you understand Deloitte's practice, and possess the ability to demonstrate critical thinking. Google the interview process for tips and tricks. Deloitte is fairly transparent regarding interview process so it helps in preparing for success.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Lexington Park, MD).

Interview

Panel interview coupled with consensus and a quick call back. I interviewed with a staff advisor, then the senior manager, then the partner in charge. Very thorough process which was mostly behavioral and case based.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Talk about a time that you used your technical skills (named in resume) to solve a business problem. What were the challenges, opportunities, your approach, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1. Received initial contact by email with recruiters
    2. Held initial phone screens with recruiters
    3. Held 1:1 phone call with a hiring manager
    4. Invited to in-person interview; received some interview prep material by email from recruiter
    5. Held one in-person interview: resume review, behavioral interview, case interview; had three 1:1 meetings in total with hiring managers over 3-4 hours
    6. Received offer from recruiter; held salary negotiations

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Two over the phone interviews, one case, and one behavioral interview. Interviewers were extremely respectful and nice. On the case interview, it was really just more of a conversation so that they can understand your thought process on how you solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were leading a project and failed. How did you overcome to meet the goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

Process took approximately six months (a little longer than I would have liked, but the team was in the middle of a big hiring surge/pursuing new contracts). HR reps were great at being transparent and keeping me informed on what was going on. Did one phone interview with HR, one phone interview with a senior manager, two in-person interviews with senior managers, then one in-person interview with the partner.

Received a verbal offer from the partner followed by a formal offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• Why are you switching from public sector to private?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Champaign, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview takes place on campus, back to back interview, each lasts 30 mins. One senior manager and one Director. Questions are based on resume, mostly behavioral. It is relatively informal, they chat with me most of the time, rather than ask questions directly. It is important to get prepared to present your experience in a good way.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The interview process is detailed and questions relevant to your experience are asked.You can steer your interview in a particular direction based on your knowledge base. Also it is important to exhibit a steep learning curve and willingness to be flexible with work timings and location

Interview Questions

• XML Publisher, Forms 10g, Reports, TCA Architecture, Order management, PL/SQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through Campus and received a confirmation for interview in approx a month after applying. THe first round of interview was conducted at the campus with 2 Senior Manager at Deloitte Touche & LLP. I received an invitation for the second round of interview which was conducted at Deloitte office in Phoenix. This was conducted with the Partner (who is hiring you in his team !) and one manager. The interview process was smooth - Generally its behavioral interviews. Do lot of research about Deloitte and ask good questions to the partner and the senior managers which shows your interest in the role and Deloitte. Also, the consultant role is more about talking and asking questions. So it is strongly recommended to ask good questions. The questions I asked showed lot of research but after a week of my second round of interview I received a telephone call from HR to tell me I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now? Why Deloitte? Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview had 3 rounds.

1) Behavioral one-on-one interview: this was by far the most relaxed part of the process. Standard behavioral

2) Case interview (one-on-one)

3) Group case interview: this was by far the hardest part of the interview process. They placed us in a group of 5 and presented over 30 pages of info around the case. We had to present our analysis and key recommendations at the end.

Interview Questions

• I hardly remember the behavioral interview but the case interviews were intense. I'd recommend preparing how to approach case questions.   Answer Question