Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Deloitte contacted me; I did not apply to any positions online. I was recruited for the strategy & operations consultant track within the federal practice. We had a phone conversation about the culture and expectations before an in-person 90min session. Typical interview questions as well as an incredibly fun case interview scenario.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in June 2015.

Interview

Applied in the AERS area in the Risk Analytics field. The interview went smoothly. One thing that is very different from the regular consultant area is that they do not give a case interview. 1-Behavioral, 1- Technical and 1- Fit interview with leadership. The recruiting team was difficult to work with, and the offer that was extended was way less than competitors.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a cut throat environment and how will you handle a cut throat environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Awful. Very unwilling to budge. Almost insulting.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an interview on campus and then an office visit. Focused a lot on the culture and my leadership background. The interviewees were partners of the firm and very approachable. They took a holistic approach focusing on all areas including grades, leadership experience, community involvement.

Interview Questions

• How did you tackle a problem in the past during your leadership experience   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was 1-on-1. Nothing special or different about it. I met with 3 managers, who asked me assorted questions. They basically had decided, before I got there, they were going to hire me, based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual ones: tell us about yourself, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They mad an offer, and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening with an audit partner in Houston, then a month later I was asked to interview in person at the New York office. I had three interviewers: one who asked me character based questions, one who just tried to see if I was like able, and one who wanted to understand my educational background. The experience was pleasant and the interviewers very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult personal decision for the betterment of a group.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through referral and was called for a pre-screen phone call within a week (are you a citizen, are you ok with travel, etc). Then I was scheduled for an in person 2 weeks later. Interviewed with three people one-on-one: principial, senior consultant and manager. Received response 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They proposed a hypothetical problem and asked me to resolve it. Each person asked their own questions and they seemed to be making it up as they went along. There wasn't really structure, nor a single question that was asked by all three. From that I got the impression they weren't looking for something specific, mostly personality.   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Employee referrals are a key source of talent for us. The majority of our Deloitte professionals have profiles on LinkedIn. We encourage candidates to check out their networks to see if there is a ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. The process was very straight forward, Deloitte is very transparent as the evaluate candidates. After applying through my school's career service I was contacted for a first round of interviews - this included two separate pieces. The first piece was a behavioral interview followed by a case. Deloitte evaluates you on every part of your interview, this includes the greeters.
    After I finished the case I was told I would know by 5 PM that day if they wanted me to come back. They called a few hours after I left and asked me to come in the following day.
    The second day was very close to the first in initial structure; greeter, behavior and case. The difference was the amount of time with each person/people, in the second day the case is much more in depth. There is a tool on the Deloitte website that will help you prepare for these cases and I highly recommend using it. Deloitte's cases are not as hard as what most business schools will put you through but they are also given in a unique structure which adds to the difficulty. Be prepared when you go in and make sure you are confidant in your answers, in the qualitative section they are looking not just how you solve the case but also how you process the case. With the quantitative section they want to see how you gather the data just as much as they want to see you answer the question - that said, don't get the wrong answer: prepare for these interviews there are no hidden aspects and because of that Deloitte expects that you've done your homework and can do some basic math with people looking at you.
    After the interviews I was told I would hear back in two weeks. I had gathered all the contact information from the interviewing/greeting members of Deloitte and wrote each short thank you note.
    I revived my final offer exactly two weeks later.
    The overall interview is set up to have a behavior (little or no stress) and a case (mild to moderate stress) to truly gauge if you are the right fit for Deloitte, be yourself and prepare.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work at Deloitte?   1 Answer

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

This is a great synopsis of our consulting campus interview process. You can find additional tips for preparing for the recruiting process on our careers site ... More

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

An employee sent in my CV for a specific position back in late November, but I received an email stating that my experience was not a fit for that position and didn't hear anything else for months. I did eventually hear from Deloitte HR in late February, and the process went incredibly fast after that.
    I spoke with a recruiter over the phone, and after discussing my experience she immediately scheduled me to come into the Rosslyn office for a series of three interviews in one day. A week and a half later I went in for the interviews. I stayed in one small room and three employees (manager, senior manager, and principal) rotated around to talk with me.
    There were three interviews: fit, behavioral, and case. The fit and behavioral interviews were very relaxed and mainly revolved around my previous work and how I handled specific situations (how did you handle a situation when your team members did not agree on an issue?). The interviewers were incredibly nice and made me feel immediately at ease. The case interview started a little tense (I was nervous), and they asked me about implementing a new system at a government agency. I wasn't quite expecting this, as I do not have a technical background at all, so make sure you know the SDLC basics. It was a relatively short case, and I relaxed as the interviewer answered my questions.
    It really seemed like the priority was how well you present yourself and how enthusiastic you are about the position and the company. Remember to relax!

Interview Questions

• Case: Talk me through a system implementation at a federal agency.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

3 interviews- 1 behavioral, 2 case. The first case interview was half an hour and with 1 manager. the second round was with 1 partner and a senior manager and lasted an hour.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

For the first round interviews there were two back to back thirty minute interviews, one behavioral interview and one case interview. Applicants were notified that evening about second round interviews, which involved a one hour case interview. The cases were more qualitative than quantitative. All of the interviewers were friendly and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Got an offer somewhere else.