Deloitte Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.2

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied early with Bright Network, did online tests was then invited to an assessment centre. This involved a fairly standard group exercise, a case study and a competency and commercial awareness based interview. Group interview was about agreeing on one place to host a major event, we were each given a place to push to be the one so you have to be able to admit where your host city is lacking but still sell it to the others. Case study has a lot of information and very little time to read through all of it - have to skim and come up with a strategy above all.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte
    Why consulting
    What skills have you developed in university/work that you can bring to this role
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard aptitude tests before first interview. First interview was made of two parts, the first started with a group exercise regarding picking a country to host the olympics. The second part involved a case study regarding a struggling business and thinking of ways to improve it. Try to think of things beyond just cutting costs.

Final interview was competency and motivational based and with a partner. Be prepared for questions like why this service line as well as standard competency based ones.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why this service line?
      Q. Tell me about developments in a business sector you're knowledgeable/interested in?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Met a current partner at a networking event, encouraged to apply for an opening within one of the Practices. Applied online, rejection email came within an hour. HR refused to tell me why, and my contact is as equally bemused and cannot get an answer. Total waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)).

Interview

application and one hour telephone structured interview with questions on CV and experience as well as career aspirations l. Well structured discussion, friendly interviewer with keen interest on answering all of my questions on the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring process took me from July 2015 until February 2016 where I made the final interview but didn't get the job offer (which took 2 weeks of me chasing them to find out). At one stage early in the process I was told I hadn't passed the online tests, and then later corrected that I had... I was also signed up initially for a position I hadn't applied to. Overall the process was a bit of a shambles.

That being said, the ACs themselves were very well run, everyone including other candidates and interviewers were lovely and I actually enjoyed my time there. Following my final interview, I did all receive a call from my interviewer who was very helpful and gave me some really useful feedback, which I greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why Deloitte? Give me an example of how you have coped when struggling to meet a deadline.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

An online application with questions on why Deloitte or Monitor Deloitte and why that specific role. Also they ask what would be a typical day as an intern at Deloitte would be. Pretty straight forward questions. Although research about a typical day at Deloitte instead of giving a generic picture of how consultancy works. Then the numerical tests were pretty easy and practice a few before attempting the actual one. After that i got an email saying i had passed the screening and tests and they would like to invite me to the next round. But after a week i got another email saying that there would be another sift after January when the applications close and they would let me know about my progress then. So that was a bit confusion for me

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied once they have their dates opened for the summer programme. Waited around 1 month before got contacted for assessment centre. Had a group interview with 3 other people, discussed about which location best to organise a big event. Later, was isolated for 30 minutes to read and prepare for a case study (I was given a M&A Case study). Subsequently, was interview by a senior member of the department to present the case study and QNA session, lasted for about 30 minutes. Last but not least proceed with a 45 minutes competency-based interview with the same interviewer.
    Overall very organised and well-thought.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you met difficulties in your plans and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Three main stages:
    CV screening
    Skills interview
    Assessment day with senior interview, case study, senior interview, group exercise

Assessment day was for levels of consultant, senior consultant and manager, with the group exercise being a mixed group. Case study was fairly straightforward and included role play / presentation to a "client" (senior professional). Writing exercise was based on synthesising given information and writing it in the form of an email.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. I was invited first for a face-to-face interview with a Senior Manager in one of their London offices. It was fairly relaxed and lasted about 45 mins to an hour. The interview was competency based and followed a script. The majority of the questions were "give me an example of a time when you did x" and of course questions about why Deloitte, reasons for moving etc.

I heard that I was successfully through to the next stage the following day and was booked into an Assessment Centre in London on a Friday, 6 days away. The assessment centre was surprisingly relaxed. After a quick introduction we were given our individual agendas for the day. There was a one hour prep session for a ten minute case study presentation, immediately followed by a 40 min competency interview with a Director. There was a written exercise (summarise a presentation) which lasted an hour. There was the Partner interview which lasted roughly 30-40 mins. And lastly there was a Group Exercise with the other candidates where we were told to get our individual top picks into the top 5 of the group's top picks. We were finished by about 3pm.

I received an offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte, What differences will you expect to see if you were to move to Deloitte from your current employer.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Challenging but not in a bad way. Made to feel at ease during the interview and was asked some forward questions about my skill set, abilities and what I could bring to the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can add to the firm   1 Answer