Deloitte Interview Questions in Costa Mesa, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

This is a long process with lots of dead air between you and the recruiter that took over 10 weeks start to finish. Overall, the interviews are very simple and ad-hoc in structure with no clear goal of skill or personality assessment.

After speaking with their management team, I felt they held themselves with too high a regard to be taken seriously (used car salesmen), so I declined their offer.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I networked with many professionals and the recruiters by attending the Winter Accounting career fair and meeting these individuals on my free time to learn about the firm and program. I applied through my campus's job portal and the company website. I was considered for both the local and national programs. The first round was two back to back interviews with an Audit manager and Tax manager. I knew the Audit interviewer beforehand, which made the process more easy. He asked to go into more detail over my job and leadership experience on my resume. He then asked one behavioral question. The tax manager was very conversational and he made me feel at ease. I got an invite for second round interviews a week later, which took place at the office. They gave a presentation to the interviewees and gave us a buddy who would guide us to each interview. I had three back to back interviews with an Audit manager, senior manager, and partner. They were very conversational with some behavioral questions thrown in. The process was actually really exhausting and I had to take a breather in between interviews. I was even so tired that I froze up during one of my interviews but I recovered. They then grouped us with some associates who took us to lunch after to help us relax. Overall, I thought the process was very competitive and intense compared to other SLP's that I applied to. I'm thankful that my efforts came to fruition and I hope that there are more opportunities to come out of this experience.

Interview Questions

• At Deloitte we are all about innovation and helping our clients solve complex problems, tell me about a time where you had to use your creativity or innovation to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume to the campus recruiter and I applied through the campus career website. I received an on-campus interview a week after. The first interview was structured and resume based. It is really important that you are able to elaborate on experiences that is stated on your resume. After passing the first interview, the second interview was on-site. You will have a thirty minute 1:1 interviews with a partner, senior audit manager and manager. After the interviews, you will go to lunch with either managers, seniors and/or first/second years.

Every interviewer will be different, so be prepared for any kind of interview. Some interviewers will constantly ask you specific behavioral questions and some interviewers prefer conversations. Make sure to have LOTS OF questions prepared. Skip the boring accounting questions and ask personal questions, like "what do you like to do on your free time?" and asking about industries are great questions, as well. Making the interview conversational will help you stand out!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client who is asking you to do something unethical?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward - there were 3 rounds. The first round consisted of more personal and behavioral type questions, requiring me to draw on past experiences. The second and third rounds were much more conversational. I had heard that if you performed well in the first round, the second round would be more about ensuring fit within the firm. The third round seemed more so to gauge my interest.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult situation in a team setting in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Process took 2 mths.
    1. Recruiter Screening
    2. Senior Manager
    3 In Person - 3 Level of 45 min eacg

The questions and technical and situation based. Gets stressful during In-Person round

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

1st rounds on campus. Mainly resume questions and conversation.
    2nd rounds in house. 3 interviews with Senior Manager up to Partner Level. A couple behavioral questions, but it really depends on who you talk to. One partner kept it conversational while the Senior Manager asked mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Either behavioral or personal only   Answer Question

Negotiation

Two weeks to decide. They like to wine and dine you. It was a very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Was referral from current employee. Recently completed MBA program at Ivy League school. Consisted of 1 technical phone interview, followed by 3 in person. 1st was Case interview w/ Sr. Mgr, followed by AP and Partner interviews.
    Received a verbal offer from HR the following week, only to have it removed. Apparently HR had not communicated w/ specific partner (to which I would be reporting). Clown show bro.

Interview Questions

• Case was straightforward and the interviewer walked me through it.   Answer Question

Deloitte National Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview with my recruiter. She went over a 3-4 behavioral style questions and it was my job to make it as conversational as possible. Next was a second-round in-house interview at the office. I interviewed with a manager and partner, both 30 minutes long. The manager asked me 2 behavioral questions and then asked about my resume and experiences. Overall conversational as I asked him about his career and industries. The partner interview was purely conversational and fun.

Interview Questions

• My favorite question, which the partner asked, is why Public Accounting?   1 Answer

DNLC On Behalf of the BTA Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First was an on campus behavioral and case interview.

Second and final interview was a case interview with a surprising behavioral interview at the end.

This process took at least two weeks because they took a while to get back to me. I was give a date that I'd be notified, but they didn't get back to me until a week after.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

This was one of the most unique job interviews I have ever been on. A lot of the time was spent getting to know me as a candidate, not as a resume. Also, a departure from common practices of "surprising" people during an interview, they actually shared a sample case study and types of questions I might expect during the interview. Make no mistake about it, the interview was very in-depth. And they also did ask things outside of the "scope" of the samples. Very positive.

Interview Questions

• Explain a complex business issue in your past projects and how you solved it.   Answer Question