Deloitte Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was pretty straight-forward. Started with a phone-screen, followed by a technical screening. The screening is primarily how familiar you are with Excel. Last interview is a round of three 30-minute interviews (1 on 1) with three separate supervisors (managers or senior managers). Each round serves as a different purpose (behavioral, technical, case study).

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After spending 30 minutes on the website simply trying to use their archaic application software, I withdrew my application. If a consulting firm this size can't even use modern and slick methods to recruit, I'm not interested. What a joke. Remind me never to use their services when I move into my next leadership role.

Risk Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview, the manager was really patient and told me to relax. She asked some basic question that you can search online, for example your weakness, what do you see yourself in 10 years.....

Interview Questions

• what do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. It simply consisted of a conversation about why I would be a good fit. No tricky questions were asked in particular and it was an easy going conversation about getting to know one another.

Interview Questions

• What was your hardest class?   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed through the NABA conference with a Senior Manager and Director. I was later invited for a second round of interviews at the Deloitte office. The day before the interview, the candidates were invited to socialize at an outdoor concert. It was alright. The next day, I was at the Deloitte office by 8a.m., and during breakfast, a partner and other associates gave a quick presentation on Risk Assurance. After that, there was a series of two interviews, both with partners, then a discussion forum with associates and interns who had been with Deloitte for 2 years or less. After the forum, we went to lunch.
    I didn't receive a call or email for nearly 2 weeks, so I contacted the recruiter, who called me to let me know I wouldn't be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to settle a disagreement within a work/school project group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

a great interview! Interviewer is very nice and friendly. It takes 20 minutes long. I haven't get response yet. Hope I will get response this week! The questions are almost technical questions based on what you have written on your resume. Remember to prepare all the things to explain on your resume.

Senior Consultant - S&O Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 2 one on one cases and a group case. The one of one cases were 45 minutes each and the group case was 90 minutes. There was a lot of data and exhibits. The interviewers help you solve the case, and the interview is conversational.

Interview Questions

• Someone on the aviation industry. Question was based on real case done by the partners   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Awesome. The recruiting people are very friendly and informative. Create a culture that is inviting. Met people are various levels and could speak freely to all of them. People there are very excited to work there.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Sorry for the length of my post. I really would like to provide advice for others that may be in the situation I was in. Prior to my interview, I searched all over the web for advice because I didn't know what to expect regarding the interview process with a Big 4 firm.

I initially interviewed with a Senior Advisory Manager at an accounting conference last Fall. The interview went great and I could tell that we instantly made a connection. About a month or two later, I received a follow-up email from the Advisory recruiter. We spoke on the phone and actually ended up talking about me coming into the office to meet a few of the professionals. Long story short, all the positions for the Advisory internship in Dallas and other cities were filled.

Because I expressed my interests in Audit as well, I received an email from the Audit recruiter. We talked on the phone and she said she'd review my resume with the Audit Partner responsible for recruiting. A few weeks later, I received an email inviting me for an office visit.

The office visit was last week. Deloitte placed us in a beautiful upscale hotel for the evening before the interview. That evening we had a pre-interview dinner at a upscale restaurant (I wish I could eat there every day of my life!), followed by a cocktail gathering at a local (yes, you guessed it) upscale bar/lounge. The dinner and cocktail social was all about meeting the different professionals. I met Partners, Managers, Senior Managers, first-year associates, and even a Director. I'm really good at socializing so it was a breeze for me. They're just looking to see how you interact with other professionals and people in general. If you're shy and timid, change that for at least one evening. It's basically an interview. BE SOCIAL! :)

The day of the office visit, we arrived to the office and had breakfast with our buddies (associates that are there to answer questions and to ensure that you arrive to your interviews on time). My first interview was with a Partner. Even though he was a Partner, I didn't feel intimidated. He asked a few questions: "How do you deal with difficult people?" "Have you ever had to provide negative feedback?" They were pretty easy questions. We actually had an amazing conversation. You just have to go in and be confident in yourself and your experiences.

My second interview was with a Senior Audit Manager. This conversation went amazing as well! Once again, you have to ensure that you possess self-confidence. Be articulate. Look them in the eye. Be courteous.

After both interview, we went for a group lunch. I was with an engagement team, and BOOM there was the Partner that I interviewed with.

After the lunch, I received a voicemail from the Partner saying he wanted to chat. I called back immediately and he stated that they would be extending me an offer!!!!!!!!!!!

Another piece of advice, be sure to bring a formal copy of your resume to the interview. And if possible, get some business cards made. My buddy told me that I was the only candidate he's ever met that actually had a business card. :)

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that I had met at my university. I went to the interview and it was fairly straight forward. The questions asked where the usual questions about personal and career goals. Afterwards, I was given the opportunity to ask questions about and I respectfully declined. At the time I felt that doing so may have damaged my chances of receiving an offer but was pleased to see that it did not. All in all a positive experience.