Deloitte Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Sorry for the length of my post. I really would like to provide advice for others that may be in the situation I was in. Prior to my interview, I searched all over the web for advice because I didn't know what to expect regarding the interview process with a Big 4 firm.

I initially interviewed with a Senior Advisory Manager at an accounting conference last Fall. The interview went great and I could tell that we instantly made a connection. About a month or two later, I received a follow-up email from the Advisory recruiter. We spoke on the phone and actually ended up talking about me coming into the office to meet a few of the professionals. Long story short, all the positions for the Advisory internship in Dallas and other cities were filled.

Because I expressed my interests in Audit as well, I received an email from the Audit recruiter. We talked on the phone and she said she'd review my resume with the Audit Partner responsible for recruiting. A few weeks later, I received an email inviting me for an office visit.

The office visit was last week. Deloitte placed us in a beautiful upscale hotel for the evening before the interview. That evening we had a pre-interview dinner at a upscale restaurant (I wish I could eat there every day of my life!), followed by a cocktail gathering at a local (yes, you guessed it) upscale bar/lounge. The dinner and cocktail social was all about meeting the different professionals. I met Partners, Managers, Senior Managers, first-year associates, and even a Director. I'm really good at socializing so it was a breeze for me. They're just looking to see how you interact with other professionals and people in general. If you're shy and timid, change that for at least one evening. It's basically an interview. BE SOCIAL! :)

The day of the office visit, we arrived to the office and had breakfast with our buddies (associates that are there to answer questions and to ensure that you arrive to your interviews on time). My first interview was with a Partner. Even though he was a Partner, I didn't feel intimidated. He asked a few questions: "How do you deal with difficult people?" "Have you ever had to provide negative feedback?" They were pretty easy questions. We actually had an amazing conversation. You just have to go in and be confident in yourself and your experiences.

My second interview was with a Senior Audit Manager. This conversation went amazing as well! Once again, you have to ensure that you possess self-confidence. Be articulate. Look them in the eye. Be courteous.

After both interview, we went for a group lunch. I was with an engagement team, and BOOM there was the Partner that I interviewed with.

After the lunch, I received a voicemail from the Partner saying he wanted to chat. I called back immediately and he stated that they would be extending me an offer!!!!!!!!!!!

Another piece of advice, be sure to bring a formal copy of your resume to the interview. And if possible, get some business cards made. My buddy told me that I was the only candidate he's ever met that actually had a business card. :)

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that I had met at my university. I went to the interview and it was fairly straight forward. The questions asked where the usual questions about personal and career goals. Afterwards, I was given the opportunity to ask questions about and I respectfully declined. At the time I felt that doing so may have damaged my chances of receiving an offer but was pleased to see that it did not. All in all a positive experience.

Planner/Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

When, l reached on time, l was taken to conference, and so four people welcome me.
    1-They ask my name
    2-Education level
    3- Questioning my CVI
    4-Years of expereinces in this field
    5- willing to travel
    6-like to swim

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was ok. Basic technical question was asked in Java and database related questions where asked. Two member panel. Only one member was questioned .Other person was watching.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First and second round took place in Deloitte's office and they were back to back. Prior to the first round, they would assign you to a practitioner and invite you to a dinner/case interview prep to make sure that you are prepared for the first round which includes a case interview. First round interview consisted of the one behavioral and one case interview. I thought the case interview was too hard and was not something that I expected. If you got through the first round, you will get a phone call/ an email on the same day inviting you to the networking dinner prior to the second interview, which takes place the day after.

Interview Questions

• What is your technical background? Can you tell me about your internship experience and what did you learn out of it? Describe a situation when you have to work with an uncooperative teammate and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied for campus recruiting. Cleared a case and behavioral interview. Called onsite for a case and behavioral interview. Decent case studies and behavioral interviews were mostly situational. Do the cases which are given on deloitte website. Pretty much similar cases.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you compromised with data integrity for a company.   Answer Question

Summer Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First and Second Round interviews were both on the phone. Super day consisted of 5 interviews. Interviews had different topics ranging from purely technical to "fit" questions. Interviewers were very conversational and seemed friendly to converse with. Most interviews felt more like conversations rather than interrogations except for the technical interview.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting followed by Office visit. Interviewed with one manager and a partner. They called me within a week to offer me a job. I was given about 3 weeks to accept the offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an interview on campus and then an office visit. Focused a lot on the culture and my leadership background. The interviewees were partners of the firm and very approachable. They took a holistic approach focusing on all areas including grades, leadership experience, community involvement.

Interview Questions

• How did you tackle a problem in the past during your leadership experience   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Basically the interviewer went over my resume asking questions about what I've done and why I'm interested in Tax. Also asked my salary requirements, location preference, etc. Was pretty informal. Nothing out of the ordinary. No behavioral questions. Was curious why my most recent job was not tax-related but it more out of curiosity.