Deloitte Deloitte National Leadership Conference Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Deloitte National Leadership Conference Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, interviewed with two employees on campus, and interviewed via a video conferencing tool for my final round interview. I interviewed for DNLC under the Technology Risk practice.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?   1 Answer
  • Why are you interested in tech risk?   1 Answer
  • What was a time you had to face failure?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

First you have a 30 minute on campus interview with a professional (some people got partner). If you move on, you will have a second round interview with two professionals online. Both of them 30 minutes long. At the first interview, you have greeters that talk to you and they network with you for a bit at the on campus interview. Everyone was really nice and friendly and all the interviews are behaviorial.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, the first had two parts, 30 minutes of behavioral questions and a 30-minute case study. The second round was with a partner and was just a case study with a few behavioral questions at the end.

Overall the process was relatively painless and there was always someone from Deloitte to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Describe one project you worked on and what challenges you faced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through my school career center. Met the recruiters at the Career Fair. A week later, I received an email inviting me for the on-campus interview. The night before the interview, we had a social with Deloitte employees. All candidates for the interview the next day were there. It was pretty relaxed, we played bowling and had pizza. I talked to a guy in Advisory (I applied to Advisory). At the social, I also knew the name of my interviewer the next day.
    On-campus interview. Before going into the interview, I met some greeters from Deloitte. They would try to make you feel more comfortable and less nervous. My interviewer was a Partner. She was the head of Deloitte Advisory in the whole Florida. She was extremely friendly and approachable. She gave me sincere answers when I asked about her personal career as well as about Deloitte. I felt at ease. She asked me one or two Behavior questions and went through something on my resume. But I felt it seemed more like an enriching conversation rather than an interview. She knew more of me and I knew more of her and Deloitte. I have to say, this Partner substantially contributed to the very positive impression I had of Deloitte.
    After a week, I received an email inviting me to the office interview which would be two weeks later. Before the office interview, there was a dinner. But this time, much fewer people and much fancier restaurant than the social before the first interview. There were 5 people, 3 Deloitte first year hires and 2 candidates (including me). It was the first time that I had a $50 steak. We just had casual conversation and they even gave us some tips for the interview the next day.
    The next day, I met with my buddy. They will assign to you one first year employee (called buddy) to accompany you through the day. They would answer any questions if you helped. They are friendly and willing to help as they are usually only 2,3 years older than you. There was a presentation and office tour. I had 3 interviews. One managers. Two Senior managers. You will notice each one had their own styles but overall they all were very nice (I really meant that, they are extremely nice). My first interview was the most typical interview, lots of behavior questions. The second one, lots of chit-chat before we actually began the interview. I asked her so many questions right after I walked in the room. I actually had to stop myself from asking her questions so she could begin asking me. I did not try to create an impression. I was genuinely interested in her story (She moved from another big 4 to Deloitte). Last interview, very laid back. She was very relaxed and asked me something on my resume. Half of the interview was I asking her questions. Finishing all the interviews, I was confused. I wondered if all the interviewers were so nice and there were no tricky questions, how they would identify the better candidates.
    6 days later, I received a phone call from my third interviewer (the senior manager) telling me that I was selected for the Deloitte National Leadership Conference (They would decide who goes to the national one who goes to the local one). Needless to say, I was really happy and grateful for the opportunity.
    My tips: 1. Make it a conversation. You don't have to wait till the end of the interview for your turn to ask questions. If they say something that interests you, ask right away. 2. Prepare well. Have at least 5 POWER stories to tell. It might sound like a breeze to me, but in fact I put a lot of time and effort into preparing for the interviews.
    Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• You have a lot of outstanding achievements, have you ever failed before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

on-campus interview with a senior manager and then a partner from the New York office; was notified within two weeks for the next round; flew down to New York for 2 more interviews with partners; found out about a week or two after that; great experience, they want you to feel comfortable; show personality and be yourself

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Had to submit my resume through our career center. Had a dinner event with the Deloitte the night before the interview. There were two 30 minute interviews. Both were very casual and relaxed. Mainly get to know you type questions. After that I got invited to the city where I want to work for a second round interview. The night before the interview was another dinner event with the recruiters and staff from the office. The day of the interviews consisted of a few presentations on Deloitte, the DNLC, and a office tour. The interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews both with partners. These were more behavioral based and questions about my resume. These were more difficult than the first round interviews.

Interview Questions

• How have you used accounting principals or financial modeling for work or a class project.   1 Answer

Deloitte National Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was behavioural based, very chilled out. They make you feel comfortable. It had more to do with experience in any area of life, it could be work or school. Some questions you may not have experience but you can give an example of what you would do should you be in that situation. Be truthful and make it personal, that way it gets you less nervous and you come across as honest and believable. I didn't follow the usual interview process I had practised and I did better than any other interview I'd attended in the past.

Interview Questions

• If your manager gives you 2 assignments to do and you have to submit them at the same time, this means you have to visit two clients at the same time, what would you do?   1 Answer

Deloitte National Leadership Conference Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2012.

Interview

I went through one behavior interview and two case interviews, one on campus and one in their office.
    Also, I got to tour their office on the second case interview. Interviewers were very helpful, and everyone was very nice and engaged to help me through the process. Even though it is only a leadership conference for four days, the hiring process is similar to hiring summer associates.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the whole interview, because it was a case. But asked about helping out a client that was a big-box retail industry to find out the reason behind the decreasing profits. It was divided into three to four specific questions that required both qualitative and quantitative thinking skills.   Answer Question