Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews first, then they fly you to local office. For the onsite interview: Lunch with Staff first, about 2 hours. Then walk around the office. 2 round final interview, 1 with manager, 1 with PPD. It was a great experience. The people I met at the office was really nice. Learnt more about the company during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why Advisory? What does Consulting/Advisory mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was campus hire, can't negotiate salary

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through a campus hire interview process at my university. Deloitte recruits from this university. Questions were standard interview questions at the campus hire level. Did not include any technical questions about the position. Mainly talked about my resume and Deloitte. I would not deem the interview as difficult. It was much more like a conversation. Interviewers started off with a few generic questions but after that just went with the flow of the conversation. After first round of on campus interviews was invited to the Houston for a second round of interviews. Again, nothing technical. More of a conversation. I would suggest having questions prepared, or whether it be about Deloitte or about the person you are interviewing with. All interviewers were friendly and seemed genuinely interested about wanting to know more about me and how I could be an asset to Deloitte. Deloitte is very focused on "their people," so they take pride in getting to know you during the interview process. I went through a total of 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your strengths
      Q: What are your weaknesses
      Q: Tell me about a difficult time your persevered through.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume to my university career center in hopes of landing an initial on-site interview. Got selected for the interview, and was contacted by email and asked to complete two personality/skills assessments before my scheduled interview day. The initial interview was very relaxed—I spoke with a manager and a senior manager who were both extremely friendly and personable. The interview was very conversational and at some points I even forgot I was being interviewed because I was enjoying the conversation! About a week after my initial interview, I was contacted by a recruiter and invited to an onsite interview. The night before the interview, I attended a pre-interview dinner with three other candidates and two consultants. The dinner was fun, and was a good opportunity to relax before the big day! The onsite visit the next day was a good time—we were given a presentation by a partner, fed breakfast and lunch, and networked while waiting for our individual interviews. Most candidates spoke with two or three partners, however, I only spoke with one director. I was very nervous about the director interview, but it was only 30 minutes long and was very casual. I was by a recruiter a week later extending an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with a Manager, Senior manager, and Partner. The interviews were 30 minutes each. There was a case study and behavioral questions regarding hypothetical situations. They ask you to go over your resume in detail and also emphasize why you want to work for deloitte. They also ask what line of work you want to specialize in (within your field)

Interview Questions

• What was a bad work team you've worked with and why was it bad or what would your definition of a hypothetical bad work team be?   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The initial phone interview was mostly a prep for my in-person interview. I met with one upper management individual and two middle managers. The interviews with the two managers were focused on technical and resume experience so be prepared to elaborate on each bullet point. The process was quick and the recruiter was responsive and helpful. It was clear that employees' have a strong work ethic.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was two 30-minute interviews. No technical questions or cases. Mostly behavioral questions or why Deloitte, Why consulting types of questions. Make sure you know what to say for both of them. Both of the interviews were very conversational. After the first round of interviews, they would call you in for an in-house interview.

Interview Questions

• Of the skills mentioned in the job description, which skills can you bring?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Pretty smooth and simple process. 1 hour orientation, 1 hour to talk to current consultants, and 2 30 minute interviews back to back with a PPD. No hard questions, almost purely conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not completed yet.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied for São Paulo, Brazil and the process was pretty standart, as it is in Brazil. Here, we have a website called vagas.com.br that reunites a lot of companies with positions so I saw the opportunity there, apllied on this website and on their website. After that I was called for an online game to see if I had the consultant profile. After the game, I went to their trainning center in São Paulo to do portuguese, logic and english testsand then I was called in for the group dinamic. The group dinamic was pretty tough! There was a senior consultant and a manager of the ERS division and they asked the groups to sell an empty tooth paste package, wet cardboard paper and a baby bottle. They asked us questions like: which were the partnerships we made, how much was the expected profit, what was the cost, how the logistics would be made....when we all thought we were supposed to focus on the selling qualities of the product. So theyquestioned a lot, asked about the production schedule. It was a mess but I passed. After that, they called for the 1/1 interview in theis office. There were a lot of peoplE INTERVIEWING (130 as an HR girl told me) but all this for 60 oppenings.
    And the interview was very easy, very laid back. My interviewer was young and was saying slangs during the interview, so that I to control myself but the questions were behavioral, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The questions were: why deloitte? As engineer, why consulting? what do you think that we do, exactly? The rest of the interview revolved on the questions I asked him, which were: what are the common problems that a client bring to ERS? in what did you get specialized? how did it happen? how performance is assessed if all the work is colaborative and you don't have to outshine the other to grow in the company? he said he was very pleased to meet me and to interview me, that he hoped to see me working there next month but I guess they all say that to everybody. Hoping for the best!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Total 4 interviews. Two in first round, if you clear these two you will get to interview in the headquarters where you will have 2 more interviews. First round is understanding of your background and experience and second round is on cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel, Tell me about yourself, elevator pitch and client facing behavioral questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Four interviews conducted by two partners and two senior managers... They were 30 minute interviews... Over 3 or 4 weeks. First round was on campus, second round was in the San Francisco California office