Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

applied through on campus recruiting, was selected for two 30 minute interviews. all behavioral questions, nothing too difficult, interviewers seemed exhausted from full day of interviewing. was selected for 2nd round of interviews, which were two 30 minute interviews again. Basically same as first round. Invited to headquarters at 30 rock for shmoozing, told we would hear within 2 weeks whether there was an offer or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and straightforward. I was interviewed by 3-4 people individually that entered the room to meet me. Each of them was open about their background and experiences with the company. Each person was professional. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

ERS Consultants Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview had two parts and each took about 20~30 mins. I met with a manager and a director. Manager was focusing on behavioral questions and wanted to understand the way I solve problems. Director focused on the development of the department, he wants to know if I understand what I am expected to perform in the company.

Interview Questions

• how many tennis balls does it take to fill up a school bus?   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus interview, then I received the invitation of second round interview on the same day. The second round is on-site, including pre-night dinner and office visit. All the interviews are behavior interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met a manager and through him applied for the internship. The application was done online. A few days later I got a call to set up a phone interview for the next day. It was two 30 minute phone interviews. Both were behavioral based interviews with about half of the time given to me to ask questions. Later that night I received an email inviting me back for in office interviews.

In-office interviews were simple as well. Two more thirty minute interviews that were based around my resume. They went through a slide show and showed us some of the benefits or working at Deloitte and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when something went wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They sent an offer with the salary included.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for Tech risk.

Submitted my resume at School. First interview happened at my school with Manger and Director. 1st interview with Manger was more based on your Resume. Questions like how, what and why. Make sure you show some strengths that how would you handle challenging environment and what you can bring to the table. Lots of questions based on Team Work.

After 2 weeks, I was invited for 2nd round. They paid for all the expense. Hotel was super nice.

2nd round was easier than I expected because I spent 40 hours to prepare for an interview just because I was interviewing with the biggest big 4 company and I would recommend you to spend some time to prepare so you don't get surprised by questions.

In the second round , there were two interviews. One was with manager and another with senior manager.

The senior manager was little bit hard because he asked me some questions also based on Finance. Boat manager asked me questions like how would you handle the situation ? How would you work with team? What can you bring to a team? What is some specific qualities or skills you have? You should also know a little bit about internal auditing of information technology.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Started the process through my univerisity. Sent application through the university's career website and received an email requesting an on campus interview the following week. Back to back interview was an hour with each interviewer, both interviewers were partners at the firm. Very nice and supportive people, questions were very standard: "Walk me through your resume" "Tell me about a time you were on a team and what role did you play". An exact week after the on campus interview, I received a call requesting a second interview at the HQ in NYC. Second round was also two interviews with partners that lasted 30 minutes each. Same type of questions as on campus: "Walk me through your resume" "Tell me about a time you worked at a team and it was not working out? what did you do?".
    Overall, it was a pleasant experience to interview at this firm. Great people, great teams, they communicate quickly and let you know the decision in a timely manner

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Apart from the typical answers I've heard before, tell me why consulting for you specifically...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got this interview through my career resource center at my school.I had 4 rounds of interview which was 2 on campus and 2 onsite. The interviewers were either managers or directors

Interview Questions

• I was asked many standard behavioural questions. For example, from your previous work experience tell me about a time when you showed leadership qualities, have you worked in a team, what are the characteristics of a bad consultant.   1 Answer

ERS Consultant Interview

Interview

This was one of the most relaxed interviews I've had. I interviewed with a Manager, Senior Manager and Partner back to back for 30 minutes each. All behavioral questions, simply getting to know me as a person and prospective employee. I also got a tour of the office and was taken out for breakfast by two consultants before my interview. Very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Two back to back interviews. The first one was structured with a list of behavioral questions with a manager. The second one was with a director, which was all open floor. Be sure you have enough questions to ask him for half an hour. Unfortunately, he shot down my first question with a simple "No. Easiest question I answered all day. Next". I am assuming he had a long day already. Also, the HR e-mailed me back (finally, after countless messages) addressing me by the wrong name.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, all behavioral questions. Be prepared with many stories.   Answer Question