Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in October 2014.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting and got a notification through the school's career website that I had received and interview.
The initial interview was at school and consisted of two back-to-back interviews. One was with a partner and the other was with a 3rd year. Both interviews were behavioral and mostly wanted to see if you would be a good fit.
Second round was in New York and it was the same thing: two back-to-back interviews--both behavioral. Overall it was about chemistry and nothing really technical.

Interview Questions

• The first round partner asked me in several different ways why I wanted to work at Deloitte and by the 5th time I had no more reasons so that was a little unexpected but still not difficult   Answer Question

I had offers that made moving to New York much easier and more worth it than AERS

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked at the company. I had a phone screen to discuss what I was looking for in the job. Went in for a 1:1 in-person interview. Received the offer within the week.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there, what my background was, where I wanted to go with my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and through my campus website. There were two on campus interviews, where they asked basic personality and behavioral questions. After completing that, I completed a personality quiz online. Further, I completed two more thirty minute interviews at the office. Within the same day as my last interview, I received the offer from the Omaha office

Interview Questions

• Q. What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?
      Q. Have you ever worked with a difficult team member? What did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and organized. I first talked to the recruiter who set up a technical interview over the phone. I heard back within a few hours after the call ended that they wanted to call me in for an interview. They helped me make travel arrangements to fly out for my in-person interview. It consisted of 3 people; 1 senior manager, 1 partner, and 1 director. The interviews were pretty simple and straight forward. The in person interview was just a breakdown of my resume, how I am socially, if I'd fit into Deloitte, and just to get a feel of who I am as a person.

Interview Questions

• They asked me random questions like "how would you sell this stapler?" to try and throw me off and see how I would handle a situation I don't know the answer to if the client asks me something.

Other questions were based off my resume and to give examples of when I demonstrated those skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

The first round interview was an on-campus interview. It's pretty straight forward, typical behavior questions. They may went through every details of your resume. Just be prepared. The second round interview is an on-site interview. There will be two people interview you separately. They will ask three behavior questions each. And they seems to be very interested in what type of software you are using on a daily basis. And SAS is a MUST (as far as I can tell, they used it every day). You will probably heard back from them within a week after each round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you face a great difficulty and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Pleasant experience very relaxed but you must be prepared to make a good impression. Back to back 3 parts interview. Nothing too hard and I don't feel like being put on the spots. Really know why you want to work for Deloitte and what your skills are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult situation and how you handled it at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate and see the flexibilities.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was a campus interview. The first round was resume shortlisting. This was followed by group discussion. This was followed by two rounds of interviews with the directors.Mostly behavourial. Was not very difficult

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

1. Submitted resume and cover letter through university's online portal
    2. Contacted for on campus interview
    3. On the interview day chatted with the Deloitte greeters before the actual interview
    4. I had a 30 minute interview with one person
    5. I was called and invited to 2nd round interviews in the office
    6. Had a dinner with about 3 other applicants and 2 deloitte employees the night before the second round interview
    6. In the office, had 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews, but also had a networking lunch in between my interviews
    7. called and offered the position

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you completely failed something? what was the outcome? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was non-negotiable, and they would not let me extend my offer either

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Scheduling process was a little difficult (to be expected I suppose). Things went smoothly once I finally got on-site. Behavioral and technical interviews just like you would expect. There was 1 case, which was not math heavy. You need to understand Deloitte's business, how they deliver value to the client, and how they generate revenue for the firm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about regulations in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I received the interview through an on campus career fair and received a phone call from the partner with the offer around two hours after the last interview. The actual interviewing stage consisted 5 interviews over two days, all of which were fairly easy behavioral questions. In each of my interviews we blew through the typical behavioral questions and ended up just having casual conversation until they called time. Really, it felt that they were less interested in what you know and more about how you interacted with those you're unacquainted with, however, that may have been just because I came from a non-target major and had no knowledge of accounting or finance.

Interview Questions

• All were fairly easy. I suppose the 'Tell us about a time when..' questions were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were effective despite being told otherwise by, well, everyone.