Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte ERS Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was relatively fast. Big 4 accounting firms are 'BIG" on referral hires versus outside applications, just FYI for anyone looking to work for them. I was referred by someone within, through a former co-worker of mine. We spoke about my work experience, and then I was referred to another person about a few days later who spoke to me about my work experience. She then forwarded up my information and i received the interview within a week.

The interviews itself, again depend on location, the position applied for, and the people who interview you. They have your resume in front of them, so try not to lie and they usually know if you know what you're talking about. There 3 interviews, each back to back, lasting 30 mins. The first one primarily asked about work experience; things such was was rewarding, what could i have done different and just to explain each jobs responsibilities while I was there. The second and third interviews were open-floor. I did most of the question asking, with them asking a few as well. This is the part where you want to show that you did research on them, which should be factored into your questions. Don't be too technical, they each told me the like people with personalities. The key word to hit on is PERSONABLE, that word will take you VERY far. That same week I was informed that I they had chosen me.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have a question that was too difficult. I think each experience depends on the location of the office for the interview and the people interviewing you as well as the position you are applying for. Each of the three individuals I met with were very pleasant to talk to. It felt more like a conversation than a interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager, Senior Manager and a Partner. They are very nice and helpful. Questions like "tell me about yourself" "what's your biggest strength" Some detail questions about accounting including merge and acquisition, but fairly easy. Just be passionate and relax.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth with the recruiter. Get a signing bonus.

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I got the first interview from an employee referral. I first received a phone interview which asked some basic questions about my resume. After the interview I was told I would be brought in for an in-person interview. It took some time for the first interview to happen but it finally happened a month after. I met two people and the questions were mainly behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I found out that I would be brought in for a second interview. It took a few extra weeks to get the date and the second interview went even better. Once again it was two 30 minute interviews based on behavioral questions. The people were extremely nice and welcoming both times I had the opportunity to come in. A few weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Just be able to talk about yourself, why you want to work for Deloitte and/or the department, what industry.   Answer Question

ERS Consultant Interview

Interview

Had interview on campus, offered office visit which was full day of interviews, lunch, etc. They then offered the job about a week later. Was a pretty straight forward process, more get to know you questions, but it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fun and straight forward. They made me feel welcome, it was more of a welcoming party. I'm sure they sort of have an idea on whether or not they want to hire you even before the interviews. It was really great. They really went out of their ways to tell you how much they love the firm and how great it would be to have me there.

Negotiation

It was a standard contract

ERS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

-Initial interview was a short on-campus interview
    -Second interview was in the office with 2 individuals
    -Interview questions were not technical

Negotiation

-Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Miami, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviews with partners/senior managers, on campus, then in office. The questions were not very job specific, interviewers are helpful for the most part and enjoy answering any questions you might have for them.

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward

Interview Questions

• I dont believe there was any unexpected questions because it was based of your skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a PPD, Manager, Senior Manager. I interviewed with all three and they all pretty much asked the same questions. Why Deloitte, what are your strengths and skills, tell me about yourself. I talked about my goals: My goal right now is to find a position at a company where I can grow and take on new challenges over time. Ultimately, I’d like to assume more management responsibilities and get involved in product strategy. But most importantly, I want to work for an organization where I can build a career.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We went through the normal phone screen. The recruiter did a quick walkthrough of my resume and told me about the position. It took about a week to hear back from the hiring manager. The whole process is through your recruiter. The hiring manager lets the recruiter know the go/no-go decision and the recruiter contacts you. Then your interviews are set up and the recruiter lets you know tithe decision. The recruiter will also do the negotiation for you to the partners. Let the recruiter know everything you can think of about yourself that can help get you the best initial offer from the partners.

Once the recruiter let me know I was approved by the hiring manager, I had 4 interviews in the office back to back. They put you in an interview room and the interviewers rotate between all the candidates there. Interviews: Two behavioral interviews (one with a manager and one with a senior manager). One technical interview, but it was just going through my resume and talking about my experiences. The interviewer would pick a line and say "Tell me more about what that entails". You definitely need to know your resume. One partner interview. It was really just a conversation about the culture. It was to make sure I fit in. I was only asked one question and that was "what areas within ERS are you interested in."(Make sure you have done your research into what the area does)

All the interviews were exactly 30 minutes and they stop on time. They were all like conversations. The behavioral interviewers would ask a "tell me about a time when..." question, I would give my answer and then we would discuss how that applies to the job. I was asked questions like tell me how you have handled working with a difficult team member; why Deloitte (everyone asked me this); why this position; tell me about a time you have worked with a difficult client. Because of all the discussion in between and the time limit, I was not asked that many questions from each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a situation where no senior or manager is available and the client needs an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a offer higher than my current pay and asked for a sign on bonus which I got. I think it does not hurt to ask since they have already shown their interest by giving you an offer.