Deloitte Economic Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Economic Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

2nd round interview was all behavioral.
1st round was somewhat of a case interview

Interview Questions

• Asked about all the different kinds of items that can be under the umbrella of transfer pricing   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in February 2013.

Interview

Had a super day with most of the team members. Was long but very welcoming. Contacted the HR for admin works but most of the contact was done with the team folks.

Interview Questions

• Had a brief job related case and a small brain teaser. 60% of the questions were behavioral.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was 2 1:1 interview on campus with Deloitte Tax for the Economic Consultant position. Because they were hiring primarily for consultants in the transfer pricing group, you really have to know a lot about transfer pricing before going into the interviews. So my advice to future candidates would be to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What is transfer pricing? What are the different TP methods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Flown in for a full day of interviews with staff, managers, senior managers and partners. It was an exhausting day, but much of it consisted on background information as well as some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The second stage for the three stages was a phone interview with a member of the economic consulting team which lasted 50 minutes. The first part was competency questions 20 minutes. The second part was a case study which lasted 20 minutes. The final part was questions for the interviewer about the challenges of the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you took an initiative.   Answer Question
    • Case study. The main concept was why governments are implementing the excise tax.   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Hiring: first stage was a telephone interview which required me to send some sample writing containing economic concepts before hand. The telephone interview was standard competency and also briefly covered my writing sample.

The first stage was a 1-on-1 interview with a consultant. I was given a small case study and had to write about the underlying problems, using economic thinking and explain what the problems were. This was followed by a competency interview and a case study which I was eased in to. It required to apply basic economic theory on taxation, and so was straightforward. However, i was not told it was a competency interview before hand despite asking, so i felt under prepared.

Economic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2010.

Interview

Interview - Washington DC office

1st round interview was on campus.
    On campus interview consisted of a case interview and a fit interview. I met with three people for 30 minutes each.
    2nd round interview was at the office. Took the train, arrived by 9 am. I met with 16 people in the office that day. I would say that half were more senior levels and other half was junior levels. Most of the senior people were Economics Ph.D's.

My overall experience with Deloitte interviews was unpleasant. Office atmosphere was dead and silent. Junior people were nice but dull. Senior consultants and partners did not seem approachable nor friendly.