Deloitte Federal Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Federal Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through school and then received notification for an interview. Two days of case and fit interviews with managers and partners at the firm. Case related to fed agencies. About 2-3 weeks for final hiring decision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was classic fit and case interview, with a look at how to improve a federal agency's revenue. Although it was a case interview, there didn't seem to be a large premium on numbers. They showed a lot of charts, and the questions that you asked would reveal more information along the way.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why federal consulting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

First part of the process consisted of a behavioral phone interview with a manager. Was notified after that I was invited for a final interview at the Rosslyn office. The final interview consisted of three separate interviews - a behavioral with a partner, and two case studies with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Two case studies related to Federal agencies   1 Answer

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I endured four rounds of interviews. The initial two interviews were a behavioral and case interview, back to back, on the same the day. I then received a call later that night informing me I'd been chosen to advance to the second day of interviews, which also consisted of a case and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect was responding to a random case question. It is important to remember that there is generally no right or wrong answer, unless math is involved. In my case, I was asked a question that required prior knowledge of percentages and multiplication. No calculators allowed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

30 min. phone interview for the first round. This was behavioral, so they mostly just asked me questions about my past experiences, why I was interested in consulting, etc. Specific questions from my resume. Then in the final round, they flew me to D.C. for more behavioral and case interviews. I had 2 case interviews back-to-back, and one behavioral. Interviewers were very nice and I didn't trip up during any of the interviews, but I don't think I was charismatic enough.

Federal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

1st round: 30 minute phone interview with a senior manager

2nd round: 2 hour interview process (see below)

30 minute introduction (presentation, questions, etc.)
    30 minute case study with a manager
    30 minute behavioral interview with a partner
    30 minute case study with a manager

Deloitte is more interested in your thought-process than getting the right answer in the case studies. Do not worry if you think you messed up. And don't get too ahead of yourself if you think you did great. Realistically, it's tough to know if you nailed the interview or didn't do well because there are a ton of factors that go into the process.

I really enjoyed my interview experience. From the partners to the managers to the recruiters, everyone was responsive, engaging, and insightful. I'm looking forward to working for the Firm.

Interview Questions

• Picked a specific item on my resume and asked me to talk about it
      Why federal consulting?
      What is a skill that you would bring to the table?
      Do you have any questions for me (very important)?   Answer Question

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

We often look for insight into why candidates are interested in our organization and/or the specific practice area for which they are being interviewed. It's a great idea to think through this prior... More

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through school career portal and online. Then 2 behavioral and 1 case. The person who administered the case was very handsoff. She barely talked at all, but then again, I was the last person to do the case, so she could have been tired. I asked for feedback but was denied.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What makes a good leader? Why consulting? What industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was good overall. The case questions are pretty hard, and if the interviewer is in a rush it can be tough. The people are all incredibly nice, however, the amount of time that it took them to get back to me was rather rude. They said 2-3 weeks and it took them 5.

Interview Questions

• Two cases that were basic quantitative and logic questions, but with a federal twit.   Answer Question

Federal Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty typical for a consulting firm: 30 minute case interview (pretty different from management consulting case questions -- more of a federal emphasis) and 30 minutes for behavioral questions. Case interview was relatively easy, but for the behavioral questions I got stuck with a guy who clearly did not want to be there, seemed disinterested the entire time, had no sense of humor, and shut the door in my face when the 30 minutes were up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Princeton, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

2 days of 2 interviews. One was purely behavioral and one was behavioral plus a case. The case was related to a federal agency--one time they used TSA and one time they used the Veterans Affairs. There were also many networking events and a practice case event leading up to the interviews.