Deloitte Federal Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Federal Consultant Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Recruited at school through workshops and posters, dropped resume online, two-days of interviews (they cut about half the group between day one and two). Interviews were structured as 30 minute behavioral, 30 minute case study the first day, then 45 minutes of case and behavioral the second day. Also did lots of informational interviews with current Deloitte consultants (I think 4 or 5) after I dropped my resume and before I was told I had an interview, which is not explicitly stated as part of the interview process, but I think this helped a lot in getting an interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a conflict you faced at work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant (Federal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online. Heard back from a recruiter couple weeks later and talked on the phone for 45 minutes about working in the public sector. Talked to another recruiter few weeks later about an opportunity in Atlanta, followed by a phone interview with a specialist on the team. Onsite interview in Atlanta: case interview with a senior manager, behavioral interview with a partner, behavioral interview on the phone with senior manager of the team. Received a contingency offer a month later. The contingency offer was based on whether or not the project will get funding from the client, which turned out it did not. Invited to talk to another team since the project I was "hired" for did not get the funding. Never heard back.

Overall, everyone I talked to was nice and professional. Deloitte is a big organization and has a lot of opportunities, but in order to be successful there, you need to network, network, and network.

Practice case interviews and use STAR technique for the behavioral interview. For the public sector, the cases are not your typical business cases, but the concepts are similar (improving efficiency, reducing cost, etc.)

They seem to gravitate towards individuals with entrepreneur spirit.

Federal Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Phone interviews were quick. The in-person interview was a bad experience. One of my three interviewers called out that day, and they didn't bother having someone else fill in. So I essentially missed out on a third of the overall interview. The person reading the case studies read them as fast as possible, almost as if to make sure I wouldn't be able to take notes. Not surprisingly, I wasn't offered a position

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Case studies are a key element during our interview process for our Consulting practice. Check out these sample cases on our website to help you ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting (MPH/MSPH), and there were about 12 of us who received an invitation for an interview. The first round interview consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview. The behavioral interview was conducted by an alumni of my graduate school, but he seemed more interested in my undergraduate degree. He was put off by the fact that much of my experience was laboratory research. The case interview did not consist of any estimation questions, and was very general. There was practically no math involved. She gave me a set of numbers and asked 'what trends do you see in these numbers?'

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very straight-forward and professional process. Round one consisted of 30 minute behavioral and 30 minute case interview based on a past project at Deloitte. Round two consisted of a 45 minute case interview with two partners. I then spoke with a partner on the phone for 10-15 minutes. The case interview workshop and networking reception were extremely helpful in the interview process. In preparing, focus on challenges the federal government faces, rather than commercial case interview prep.

Interview Questions

• What challenge do most anticipate working at Deloitte?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviews followed the expected format, but planning for them involved a lot of back and forth with the recruiter. After the recruiter had already rescheduled my interviews twice, both of my first round interviewers contacted me within 24 hours of the scheduled time to reschedule. The first round consisted of two 30-40 minute phone interviews (1 behavioral, 1 short case). The behavioral was very informal, and the interviewer really friendly and open. The case began with a long intro/prompt and the interviewer was hard to read. For the second round, I had a 2-on-1 interview at the office. The interviewers were really friendly and made the process run seamlessly.

Interview Questions

The base salary offer was substantially lower than another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

Case interview was primarily interviewer led -not like MBB. Behanvioral interview was very focused on experience, tough when you wentstraight from undergrad to grad school. Inteviewer was hostile.

Interview Questions

• I see you dont have any full time work experience - how do you think you can handle working full time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

First contact with a Deloitte recruiter after I had submitted application online. Phone interview was about 30 minutes, questions were focused on education and career. Received a response within days that I could move on to the next round. Weeks of playing phone and email tag followed, as panel interview could not be scheduled for some reason. Finally, I spoke with three people (2 sr. managers, 1 manager) for about 30 minutes each. One case study with a few behavioral questions, 2 interviews with your classic set of behavioral questions. People were friendly though you could tell that you're just a number for them, as managers hurried from one interview to the next. One interviewer constantly played with her Blackberry, pointing out that you get one on company cost at Deloitte. The other interviewer was badly prepared since she had the wrong resume in front of her, which she noticed after I told her my correct name.

Interview Questions

Declined offer, as: (1) interview process was too disorganized with meetings being scheduled and rescheduled multiple times; and (2) atmosphere at panel interview was not engaging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume and within the week I got an e-mail for a phone interview (which was also conducted within the week). The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, and I only did fair, but a few days later I got offered to by flown to DC for the final interview. Two 30-45 minutes interviews (one case study one personality) and one shorter 15 minute interview. I left thinking I did decent, but didn't get the job. However, the entire process ended up being really fun and everyone was extremely nice and supportive--even though I was super-nervous.

Interview Questions

• I got caught off guard in a networking event and asked what I want to do in the future.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

2-3 Phone Screeners then an interview day with 30 minute interviews with a PPD. Each of the 30 minute interviews will focus on something specific: 1. Typical Background and skills 2. Case Study Interview 3. Behavioral questions but more like the first.

Interview Questions

• Full Business Case interview.   1 Answer