Deloitte Federal Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Federal Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. Stressful, as is any process, but straightforward. I contacted a few Deloitte employees/alums that I had known from school/past experiences, and picked their brains a ton. When Deloitte was on campus, I felt prepared to ask the right questions. The first round interview was 30 mins case, 30 mins behavioral- both interviewers were authentic and smart and down-to-earth but incredibly professional. I heard back the next week on Friday by 5 oclock that I was invited to the Blitz day in Rosslyn, VA.

Blitz was exhausting but very exciting. They have buddies and escorts to answer all your questions and take you from room to room for various interviews (1 group, 2 case, 1 behavioral).

I heard back 12 days later and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you received feedback, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about how you lead this team   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Federal Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Attended multiple networking events and information sessions on campus and submitted my application through my university. Attended a first-round interview that was 30 minutes of behavioral interviewing and a 30-minute case. Behavioral interview wasn't incredibly complicated, and the case was open-ended and you had to really talk through each part as it was not heavy on numbers. Was invited to Blitz Day but had already accepted another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through on-campus recruiting process. First round was on-campus, two back-to-back 30-min interviews, one behavioral and one case. 5 days later was invited to their "Blitz," a 2-day on-site final round interview. Was flown out to the DC office, and the Blitz consisted of a networking dinner that night, followed by 1 group case interview, 2 individual case interviews, and 1 behavioral interview the next day at the office. There were also panels for you to hear about life at the office. A week later got a phone call from the director of the practice with an offer. Received offer sheet a week later, given 2 weeks to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what separates you from the other candidates you're competing with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

First round is a 30 min case interview and a 30 min behavioral interview. Second round is a Blitz day, which consists of 1-2 case interviews, 1 behavioral interview, and 1 group round interview (2-4 participants). It involves an overnight.

Interview Questions

• In two to three minutes describe a highly technical process in a simple way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and had a casual first round interview -- one behavioral and one case. The behavioral interviewer asked surprisingly pointed questions, though he really made the effort to get to know me. Just be able to answer basic "tell me about a time when..." questions regarding leadership, teamwork, and vision.

The case interview was an absolute blast -- my interviewer and I worked through the problem in an incredibly collaborative way, and I could tell that she was rooting for me to ace it at each turn.

I was invited to the Rosslyn office for Blitz Day, which was crazy but really sold me on Deloitte. Remember that, if you've made it to Blitz, Deloitte is just as much trying to win you over as you are trying to prove your consistency. The group interview was the first activity of the day, and involved collaborating with 4 other candidates to solve a problem and present a solution to two "clients". As always, there was a good cop and a bad cop, but just be yourself and prove that you can be a collaborative team player. There was then two cases and a behavioral interview -- all of which were very similar to the first round, though lasting only 25m each. The rest of the day -- either before or after the interviews -- is spent learning about the company and getting any question that you could ever have answered. Overall it was an incredibly classy experience -- there were Deloitte "ambassadors" (ie recent hires) walking each of us to and from our interviews during both rounds and acting as our buddies for Blitz.

I got a phone call a little over a week later from the recruiter telling me that I'd been extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a supervisor making a decision with which you did not agree?   Answer Question
    • Would you rather submit an okay product on time or an excellent product late?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

One behavioral interview, one case interview. The behavioral interview was very casual with very few stock questions. It was more of a conversation than being drilled with the typical behavioral interview questions. The case interview was very specific to the job, it was not a cookie cutter case question, but the format of the interview was typical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that not very many people know about you.   Answer Question

Federal Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

On campus interview session, one behavioral and one case study. Behavioral was pretty easy, Deloitte manager was very laid back and welcoming. Had a lot of questions about teamwork (what would you do in a team setting, have you ever had someone not pull their weight etc.) Case interview was a little unusual - HR/technology focused, lots of information, was given a sheet to read. It was more of the interviewer asking me questions about the case than me presenting a framework and explaining the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

On campus interview - included 1 behavioral and 1 case study. Then they have their Blitz day - which is in their office and includes 1 group case, 1 individual case study, and 2 behavioral interviews as well as some info sessions on Deloitte and what it is like to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your friends/family would say that you need to improve on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I got the first interview in mid-October 2011 through my university's job board (Deloitte recruits on my campus). The first interview was on campus and actually consisted of a 30-minute behavioral interview with one Deloitte recruiter and a 30-minute consulting case study with a principal (I think-he might have been a partner or group leader or whatever they call them) at Deloitte. Both parts of the interview were relatively easy and they tried hard to make it low pressure.

The second (and final round) interview for the position was an office visit (called a Human Capital Blitz) in their Arlington, VA office. There was a presentation about the job Friday night, they put us (the other university recruits and me) up in a hotel that night, and then there was a series of 5 interviews intermixed with more presentations the next day. One interview was a group case presentation, in which four other recruits and I were given a problem and charged with solving it (while two Deloitte consultants watched) and presenting it to those same consultants. There were two more short case study interviews, and two behavioral interviews, all with different interviewers. They then sent all of the recruits home and notified us the next week whether or not they were making us offers.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you've had at a previous job or internship that prepares you to be a Human Capital Analyst.   Answer Question