Deloitte Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

Overall the campus hire interviews really focus on soft skills. There will be technical questions down the line and a simulation type exercise but I would not overthink it because they really focus on problem solving as opposed to current knowledge bank.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center. First, there was a pre-interview dinner that included a partner, senior manager, and a few staff. I sat next to the partner and he was friendly and shared his background with us. The next day was the on-campus interview portion. We interviewed with two separate partners, 30 minutes each. The first interviewer was the partner that I sat next to at the dinner. It felt more like a formal interview, with formal interview questions. Not exactly what I had expected and it was not what I had experienced before with other firms. He also mentioned to me a few times that if I didn't get called back, that I should re-apply the following year. (that didn't make me too confident about my chances). The second interview was a lot more casual. A few weeks later, I received an email that said I had been accepted to visit the office. The office visit was a two day event. They booked us a hotel room downtown. When I arrived to the hotel, I was greeted by the recruiting coordinator and the recruiting partner. On the spot, they offered me an internship. (everyone invited to the office visit got an offer as they arrived). The first day, they took us to a brewery and got to meet a bunch of staff. Everyone from associates to partners were absolutely great people! The second day, they shuttled us to the office where there was an information session, a team building activity, office tour, and lunch with a few staff members. My overall my experience was absolutely great! I accepted the offer and can't wait to intern with Deloitte!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose accounting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you were in a leadership position   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were in a pressure situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited for 3 weeks to get initial call, and from then another 4 weeks to get an offer.

1st interview was with HR/recruiting team over the phone to go over background, willingness to travel, why want to move, etc. It lasted about 30 mins. The next day she informed that I would continue to the 2nd round.

2nd round was again over the phone with industry expert who was a senior manager. Lasted about 45 mins to again discuss about experience, area of strength and weakness and what your future plans. It was meant to be a technical round but I found nothing about technical in this session. The next day I was informed that they would send me to their office for 3rd round.

3rd round consisted of 3 back-to-back interview about technical, case interview and consulting fit with manager, senior manager and partner respectively. Even though they labelled each session, the reality was that they could mixed up questions. For example during technical case, I was also grilled on my presentation and "selling" skill. For the case interview, as long as you prepared yourself with the materials provided on their website you should be fine.

Overall the interview process was very smooth and well-organized. As a candidate, you need to be confident of what you are capable of, without being arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte?
      Experience of each project listed in your resume.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a online interview and I was not selected to move forward as I had graduated just 2 years back from university. EVEN thought I had 7 year business experience, it did not matter for them.

Discovery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Had one interview on-campus with an Advisory Director (mostly behavioral). I received an email that I was moving forward in the selection process and then had 2 back to back online interviews and then an additional one. After that they took more than a month to tell me they were not extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Deloitte? Why Advisory?   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed through campus recruiting. It was a three step process. First was a formal interview on campus, then flown to Houston for final round for the BTA position. It consisted of a behavioral and a case which were considered two different 30 minute interviews.

Tax Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an on-campus information session with the Campus recruiter and a senior manager from another office. Applied on campus through the campus recruiting site. About a week later was invited to a formal dinner on campus that involved a service project with a partner and senior manager. The next day I had a back to back interview with the same partner and senior manager that was at the dinner the night before. Heard back about a week later for an office visit in Houston. There was a pre interview social the night before at a small grill downtown, nice opportunity to "break the ice" with employees and management. The next day I had an awesome experience with another two back to back interviews with a manager and senior manager. All the questions were mostly behavioral, not a whole lot of technical. They were mostly looking for fit and ability to do work. Heard back a little over three weeks later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had difficulty working with a team member, something new you've learned etc. Behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Behavior interview and technology interview, all were 1-1 interview. For technology part, you will be given a situation and answer several questions under the guidance. For behavior part, just answer several classical behavior questions. Also, you will have the pre-interview reception to get familiar with recruiters. There are two rounds, if you are allowed to get involved into second round, they will inform you at around 6pm on the first round day. Also if you get the offer, they will arrange the company vist day before Thanksgiving.

Interview Questions

• For behavior questions, Deloitte provided a comfort and relaxing environment, just be prepared to the basic behavior questions, like describe a situation that you need to persuade others; tell me what you expect at Deloitte. The interviewer will build the conversation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Case studys and behavioural interviews. Interviewer told me he didn't like a lot of his colleagues when I asked what was downside of the company. I wasn't impressed by that. Case studies required you to ask for missing info but they didn't want you to question the premise however unrealistic it may be.

Interview Questions

• What would you advise this company to do   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This interview process was very long. I got into the 2nd round interview but did not get the offer. I learned a lot, but also felt exhausted after these 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a team and had to deal with difficult teammate and how did you navigate that situation?   1 Answer
    • difficult client   1 Answer