Deloitte Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Deloitte (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very competitive process. The interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to. Be prepared to back up everything you say or else they will trip you up on it. Other than that, the practitioners are very friendly

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview a few days later. The interviewers were friendly and happy to answer questions and share about the company and position. The interview was basically what I had expected it would be.

I followed-up with an email thanking them. After not hearing back, I contacted them again regarding my status and letting them know I was still interested but did not ever receive a response which I found quite disappointing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what differences may exist for the position I was applying for versus my previous position.   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I applied through university on campus recruiting and it consisted of "coffee chats", first round interview of 30min behavioral and 30 min case, and then the final round would be a "blitz day" in DC. The case wasn't bad--the Deloitte structure helps you through with pointed questions which is nice. But the behavioral interviewer was awful to talk to. She acted as if my presence in front of her was an inconvenience. She asked awkward questions and very apparently did not listen to my answers because her questions were repetitive. Horrible attitude, completely turned me off to the company if that's how their directors act.

Interview Questions

• Picked out something on my resume and asked how it related to the Deloitte position   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

It was first a 30-minutes phone interview and 30-minutes case interview via phone on the next day.
    The first phone interview is easy, and the interviewer is very friendly, all behavioral questions. Case interview is pretty hard. But the senior manager was very nice. I applied the job at campus recruiting site.

Interview Questions

• You company is having a lot of employee resigned their positions. What are you gonna do?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I participated in on campus recruiting and got a request to interview three days after submitting my application. Deloitte has great people and definitely puts a lot of effort in recruiting the best talent. They held a mock interview for us and made sure we knew who to ask for help or clarification. The first round consisted of a 30 minute case and a 30 minute behavioral interview with senior level management. Be prepared to answer why Deloitte and the standard behavioral interview questions. The case is the difficult part so make sure you prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a pre-interview reception and then a first round interview the next day. After that, you wait a while and they tell you if you made it to round 2, which is a blitz day.

Interview Questions

• What are experiences you've had working on a team and have they been good or bad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Columbia University's Career Center. A recruiting coordinator emailed me about two weeks later to set up a first-round interview at the Rockefeller Center consulting practice. When i got there, I went first to the case interview, about 30 min long. Since it was my first one ever, I was inexperienced and it showed. Next I went to a behavioral interview, also 30 min long. They asked me about details on my resume and relevant experiences, etc. Pretty standard

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What three things do you think are the most important to succeeding in this position and in Deloitte?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Deloitte came to my school first at the career fair. From there, they hosted a Human Capital informational session. A few weeks after, they had an invite-only Human Capital networking opportunity at the Deloitte office, where you had to email the recruiter why you were interested in Human Capital.

Following this process, there was a first-round prep session, which was actually quite helpful. Practitioners gave insights in the process and basic formats for case preps. About 4 days later, there were first round interviews, which consisted of a behavioral and a case. The behavioral was very tricky, as there were a few oddballs. However, with the right concepts and formats, the case interview was a breeze.

Less then 7 people moved on to Blitz round, where they had finalist candidates from Emory, GTech and Vanderbilt. We had a blitz prep session, which didn't really provided any significant insight on the Blitz round. It was the same BS common sense, a.k.a "Best advice we can give you is be yourself"... yeah ok, tell me something I actually need to know, type of deal. Following this prep session came Blitz round, which took place at the Deloitte office.

The night before Blitz, we had a dinner at the Deloitte office, where there was a presentation about Human Capital and Deloitte. Food was ok. Interactions seem forced.

During Blitz, people were overly too nice and it felt slightly off-putting, and you have to act a certain kind of way because everything is recorded on a data-base, where employees can input their thoughts about the candidates.

So, every interaction is like a an interview.

Same as the first round, case was pretty straight forward, behavioral had tricky questions and there was a group case. The group case had a short video of a client, talking about their problems. There were two senior managers and an analyst watching us work. Try and contribute without being too forceful is the best I can say.

Blitz round is much more subjective because a lot of the candidates are very qualified. It comes down to who they like, in which case, networking with senior managers and partners in the firm will get you to Blitz round, at the least.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to adapt in a team-based situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview began with an on campus interview. This interview was composed of a one on one behavioral interview followed by a one on one case study interview.

I was invited to the second round (Blitz Day) at the office in Rosslyn. This day went from 8AM to noon, with alternating individual and group case studies as well as more behavioral interviews. Overall tough but I was impressed with Deloitte's professionalism and friendliness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to display leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed via on-campus recruiting and the first interview was on campus. There was one behavioral interview with one interviewer and one case interview with another. I was selected to go to the final round which was called Blitz and was located at their office. It was a long all-day affair with breakfast and lunch and a designated schedule consisting of one team case interview, multiple case interviews, a behavioral interview and various panels to learn about Deloitte and the position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Deloitte? How would you introduce and help integrate a new benefits program?   Answer Question