Deloitte Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Human Capital Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a pre-interview reception and then a first round interview the next day. After that, you wait a while and they tell you if you made it to round 2, which is a blitz day.

Interview Questions

• What are experiences you've had working on a team and have they been good or bad?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through Columbia University's Career Center. A recruiting coordinator emailed me about two weeks later to set up a first-round interview at the Rockefeller Center consulting practice. When i got there, I went first to the case interview, about 30 min long. Since it was my first one ever, I was inexperienced and it showed. Next I went to a behavioral interview, also 30 min long. They asked me about details on my resume and relevant experiences, etc. Pretty standard

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What three things do you think are the most important to succeeding in this position and in Deloitte?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Deloitte came to my school first at the career fair. From there, they hosted a Human Capital informational session. A few weeks after, they had an invite-only Human Capital networking opportunity at the Deloitte office, where you had to email the recruiter why you were interested in Human Capital.

Following this process, there was a first-round prep session, which was actually quite helpful. Practitioners gave insights in the process and basic formats for case preps. About 4 days later, there were first round interviews, which consisted of a behavioral and a case. The behavioral was very tricky, as there were a few oddballs. However, with the right concepts and formats, the case interview was a breeze.

Less then 7 people moved on to Blitz round, where they had finalist candidates from Emory, GTech and Vanderbilt. We had a blitz prep session, which didn't really provided any significant insight on the Blitz round. It was the same BS common sense, a.k.a "Best advice we can give you is be yourself"... yeah ok, tell me something I actually need to know, type of deal. Following this prep session came Blitz round, which took place at the Deloitte office.

The night before Blitz, we had a dinner at the Deloitte office, where there was a presentation about Human Capital and Deloitte. Food was ok. Interactions seem forced.

During Blitz, people were overly too nice and it felt slightly off-putting, and you have to act a certain kind of way because everything is recorded on a data-base, where employees can input their thoughts about the candidates.

So, every interaction is like a an interview.

Same as the first round, case was pretty straight forward, behavioral had tricky questions and there was a group case. The group case had a short video of a client, talking about their problems. There were two senior managers and an analyst watching us work. Try and contribute without being too forceful is the best I can say.

Blitz round is much more subjective because a lot of the candidates are very qualified. It comes down to who they like, in which case, networking with senior managers and partners in the firm will get you to Blitz round, at the least.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to adapt in a team-based situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

In total, three behavioral interviews, two individual case interviews, one team case interview. I had two interviews over the phone and the rest were in person with a lot of other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center, after going to many events that Deloitte held. I found out within a week that I got called in for a first round interview. First round consisted of 1 behavioral and 1 case interview. My advice for anyone applying is to practice, practice, practice. Luckily I had my case interview first, so by the time the behavioral came I was a lot less nervous. The case wasn't bad, it wasn't really structured and they helped guide you along the way. The behavioral was more conversational than I expected, which I really liked. After the first round, I found out I was invited to the second round at the Rosslyn office after two weeks. The second round was a long day, but I enjoyed every bit of it. It consisted of 1 behavioral, 2 case interviews, and 1 team case. Don't be scared, if you practice enough the case interviews are a breeze. During the second round, I felt really welcomed and that they really wanted me to get a sense of what life at Deloitte was like. After one week, I got a call from a partner saying I received the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview began with an on campus interview. This interview was composed of a one on one behavioral interview followed by a one on one case study interview.

I was invited to the second round (Blitz Day) at the office in Rosslyn. This day went from 8AM to noon, with alternating individual and group case studies as well as more behavioral interviews. Overall tough but I was impressed with Deloitte's professionalism and friendliness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to display leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed via on-campus recruiting and the first interview was on campus. There was one behavioral interview with one interviewer and one case interview with another. I was selected to go to the final round which was called Blitz and was located at their office. It was a long all-day affair with breakfast and lunch and a designated schedule consisting of one team case interview, multiple case interviews, a behavioral interview and various panels to learn about Deloitte and the position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at Deloitte? How would you introduce and help integrate a new benefits program?   Answer Question

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I had an initial call with the recruiter to discuss the position and general firm questions. I was then invited to an in-person interview with three practitioners (manager/senior manager level) which consisted of a behavioral interview and case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult colleague and how you navigated that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was an experience hire analyst, so this is not the campus recruiting process. I went in and had about 30-1hr with a different Manager/Senior Manager in the Division that was hiring. One case. Everyone was really pleasant and was just looking to get to know me. I think Deloitte (and many other professional services firms) are looking for their candidates to be more adept in technical skills, even for Human Capital. I took a 30 minute SQL overview and read into R and it was a big plus in my interview.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever been confronted with a problem that required you to learn something entirely new, and how did you handle it?   2 Answers

Human Capital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I received an interview after applying online post career fair and through an employee referral. The behavioral interview was straight forward, but the case interview was more challenging than I expected. Be prepared by practicing case interviews from their online resources and practice WITH SOMEONE. It will help tremendously and you won't be caught off guard by the oral presentation of the case.

Interview Questions

Deloitte Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Senior Manager

Great advice! Mock interviews are a great way to prepare. Here's a link to learn more about our consulting case interviews ... More