Deloitte Human Capital Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Deloitte Human Capital Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee who gave me a generic PD to apply for. I was contacted by a recruiter within a week. The following week I had a 30 minute screening behavioral interview with my recruiter.
I then waited for about a month for an in person interview. They brought in around 35 other candidates on the same day. I had three interviews that day.
1. Technical interview with a senior consultant
2. Behavioral interview with a partner
3. Technical/behavioral interview with a manager from a different consulting line.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team if your peers on a project.   1 Answer
  • Which business line within human capital would you prefer to work in?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to present an idea to senior leadership.   1 Answer
  • What is your greatest differentiating strength?   1 Answer
  • What data analysis tools are you comfortable working with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Three part interview:

1. HR phone screen to make sure your salary is in range and that you're articulate and well spoken.

2. Technical phone screen with a specialist leader from your industry. Knowledge sharing and some technical questions based on what job you're applying for.

3. Flown out to Chicago to meet with some of the team. I was expecting a case interview but there wasn't one.

I had positive feedback in my inbox the day the interview ended, as well as other suggestive statements( follow ups ) to my thank you letters, so I was pretty astonished when I was told I didn't get the job, but I was told they had a very competitive pool of candidates. I appreciated them reaching out to at least tell me the result. The entire process took 6 weeks from first contact to the rejection. I heard the firm's decision exactly 2 weeks after my in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions   1 Answer

Human Capital Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a LOT of networking before hand. If you are planning on working at Deloitte, start networking early; they are very big on that. I applied and was chosen for a first round interview. The interview consisted of half-hour behavioral and a half-hour case. I was not offered a second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Deloitte (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minutes case interview - does not resemble typical management interview and focuses more on how to improve HR in a company / 30 minute behavioral - the questions are typical, not very interesting.
    - Interviewers were both senior management,overall very friendly and were willing to help during case interview, just in case.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a conflict that you encountered.
      - Describe a time when /situation in which you are confused and don't know what to do
      - How does your major and minors relate to this position?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was phenomenal and very well organized. The recruiter I worked with gave me a ton of information and resources to help me prepare for each interview, and gave me realistic time frames within which I can expect to hear back. And she stuck to those time frames. There was a screen with the recruiter, then a 30 minute phone interview with a Manager, and then three in-person interviews at the office, 45 minutes each. One was a technical interview where I was basically asked to walk the Manager through my resume; the second was similar but more focused on attributes and how I handle stress / a lack of predictability; and the third was the case interview. That was on a Friday and I heard back the following Thursday.

The case interview was trickier than I imagined, because the questions are not solely human capital focused. Be prepared to answer more business-related questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty conversational interview process for both behavior and case. You will assign a Deloitte buddy who will answer some of your questions before the interview. I really like it. The interviewers were very nice in sharing their experiences and guided me through.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting. If you are selected to interview for Round 1, there is a pre-networking event before. Round 1 of interviews was held on campus. It consisted of one 30 min behavioral and one 30 min case interview. If you are selected for Round 2 interviews, you are invited to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Round 2 or "Blitz Day" involved one group case interview, two individual case interviews, and one behavioral interview. Round 2 is an all day event, we arrived around 8 a.m. and didn't leave until 4 p.m. Interviews are back to back and ends around lunchtime. Then you sit in panels, where you get to hear experiences of Deloitte employees and have the opportunity to ask questions. So Round 2 is a great way to see if you are good fit for Deloitte. While the interview process was exhausting, I found it fun and exciting. I know I sound insane to say that, but I could tell the people who looked miserable after the interviews would probably not last at Deloitte. Also, Deloitte will offer several events throughout the recruiting process, I suggest you attend as many as you can. They take attendance and it's a great way to network.

Interview Questions

• The behavioral interview was very casual conversation talking about myself. Literally, we started with the interview question, "Tell me about yourself?" and ended with "Why do you want to work for Deloitte?".

I barely remember the case interview questions since the case studies were complex with several issues. I highly suggest you attend the case interview workshop, which will go over different frameworks, but the one suggested is the "People Process Technology". They will first read you the prompt and the case interview questions. The purpose of the case interview is not about the "answer" it more about the process of how you get to your answer. So it's critical to ask questions - test your assumptions/hypothesis. The interview will guide you if you are on the right/wrong path. Also, always ask if you can read the actual prompt. They may say no, but unlikely. If your case interview has mathematical questions, you can also ask if you can use your calculator on your phone. Don't worry the math problems are not hard or pointless questions of how many jelly beans can fill this room.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since my salary offer matched glassdoor's salary average and I confirmed with Deloitte employees that I wasn't getting underpaid. Plus I was offered a higher position than what I applied for and was giving a signing bonus.

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

First, I was contacted my a recruiter who spoke to me about Deloitte's work culture. This conversation seemed to be an assessment of me and whether I would jibe with the work culture.

Next, I had 3 interviews set up: technical, behavioral, and case study.
    Technical: pretty straight forward--asked about technical capability and experiences with softwares
    behavioral: an assessment of whether your personality would fit with the company: asked about why Deloitte, why consulting, details about various work experiences, etc. Felt like a 'getting to know you' conversation
    Case study: lasted exactly 25 min with 5 min for questioning. Didn't follow typical case interview format b/c my interviewer read me all the information

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, able to negotiate

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

I interviewed as an experienced hire, and a contact of mine sent my resume to a recruiter. The recruiter reached out to me for an informal chat. After the chat, she determined we should move forward, and set up a phone interview for me and a manager 3 days later. The phone interview was mostly behavioral - asked questions about my leadership and management styles, how I motivate a group of people, etc. The next day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview. This was scheduled for two days later, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews. One was a behavioral interview - she asked questions about my experiences, why I wanted to get into consulting, etc. The next was a case interview - it wasn't too stressful. I practiced using their online tools, and looked up a few acronyms that were tossed around, as I had little prior business experience. I asked relevant questions and set up a framework for the interview. The last interview was more of a technical skills alignment interview - she asked questions more specific to what skills of mine would be transferable to consulting (e.g. analyzing the market, implementing a change in organizational structure, etc.). I was contacted within 2 weeks, and was given great feedback. Unfortunately, my timeline was not conducive to their anticipated start date, so I was not given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you implemented an organizational change.   Answer Question

Consultant - Human Capital Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume and heard back about first round interview on campus. Second round interview was conducted at the office itself. Whole process was about a month long. Heard back about decision 5 days after final interview.